• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: My First Girlfriend is a Gal

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:04 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Hey Key, are you watching the Simuldub? If so, what do you think of it so far?

Failed to notice that the simuldub was already running. Will be sure to comment on that next week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:51 am Reply with quote
^ Do the other reviewers not know that the Simuldubs are currently airing? Because no one else have talked about them either. I thought you guys may've been saving an evaluation of these Simuldubs for a later date or something, but if you guys really didn't know they were already airing, someone should bring this to their attention.

Here are all the Simuldubs and simulcasts that FUNimation is currently airing weekly: https://www.funimation.com/simuldubs/

Seriously, the entire first season of New Game! has been dubbed and FUNimation has already started dubbing season 2. When was anyone gonna bring this up with the reviewer; Paul Jensen? I've been waiting to hear his opinions on the English voice cast! Laughing

Last edited by Raebo101 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:17 am Reply with quote
I think that would be pretty hilarious if all of you somehow forgot about it.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Heh. HxH Magias Academy Ataraxia being considered too pervy in a show like this was kinda funny for some reason.
kevruth
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Heh. HxH Magias Academy Ataraxia being considered too pervy in a show like this was kinda funny for some reason.

I think the way the girls read the books were even better than the HxH anime.
lycopene

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so Ranko and Yukana were characters from Madoka Magica, who were Nene and Yui dressed up as?
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:38 pm Reply with quote
kevruth wrote:
Cam0 wrote:

I read they're actually making a second season of that show.
kevruth
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
kevruth wrote:
Cam0 wrote:

I read they're actually making a second season of that show.

What I thought was really interesting was that they matched each of the girls in HxH to their equivalent in Gal. They had that girl read that part and they even acted just as those did in HxH.

Aine = Yukana
Yurishia = Ranko
HImekawa = Yui
Silvia = Nene
EmpyreanBlaze

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Yui seems to have multiple personalities or something complex... And Nene is more either more oblivious or better at acting than I thought. Yukana is definitely more innocent than Junichi, who manned up for once. Shinpei is actually able to do what he claims. Finally, Minoru escaped out of jail or something. Laughing
Squidslinger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Surprising how much the series strays from the manga. Which honestly, the manga is not much better. It's a pretty mediocre series. Although the manga reinforces Yame's teasing better and the protagonist's agony in not realizing what is teasing and what is not. The anime seems far to B&W. You can tell from the start when she's like "eww gross" then suddenly blushing. There's this gap between gross and like that isn't really addressed very well in the anime.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Squidslinger wrote:
Surprising how much the series strays from the manga. Which honestly, the manga is not much better. It's a pretty mediocre series. Although the manga reinforces Yame's teasing better and the protagonist's agony in not realizing what is teasing and what is not. The anime seems far to B&W. You can tell from the start when she's like "eww gross" then suddenly blushing. There's this gap between gross and like that isn't really addressed very well in the anime.

As a manga reader I'd say that manga much better than the anime, most people seem to agree. The series is good, the anime is just not doing it justice. They skipped much of the relationship build between Yukana and Junichi and the manga is paced a little slower.
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Aside from the directer another thing Hybrid x Heart has in common with this is that the manga for this and the LN for H x H were both published by Kadokawa Shoten
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Ep 8

First thing that came to mind when I saw the onsen scenes was the onsen episode of Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:38 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Aside from the directer another thing Hybrid x Heart has in common with this is that the manga for this and the LN for H x H were both published by Kadokawa Shoten

This. No matter how much fame a director has, unless the company that actually owns the anime/manga/LN intellectual property also owns the other series, I do not think there is a chance of them incluiding text or images from other series without altering them first.

Episode 7 and 8 have been a bit of a down because Yume has been mellowing, she is not showing her mischievous side anymoe Sad
Key

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:32 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Ep 8

First thing that came to mind when I saw the onsen scenes was the onsen episode of Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu

For the record, I wrote what's in the episode review before you posted this. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5