• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tsuredure Children (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, folks, I think we just got some insight into Gina Szanboti's... preferences. Hush, hush, say no more, say no more. Smile

That better be your elbow I just felt nudging me.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Sure, let's go with that. Wink
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Haha this show is just the best ♥

I think my favorite ship might be Takano and Suguwara (or Quiet Twin Tailsx Redhead Boy) for the Names-Impaired. Laughing

I also like teasing redhead girl and shy green-haired boy (I can't remember their names Anime hyper)

But ChiakixKana are probably the most fun to watch onscreen. Anyone would constantly be laughing at their schtick and shenanigans. I miss them terribly when they don't get screentime.

Louis said those two remind him of Otani and Risa from Lovely Complex. Laughing
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:27 am Reply with quote
Well, Louis is a casual pleb who doesn't even remember the characters' names. Maybe he should be ignored and ridiculed! Whoever he is, he sounds like an arrogant fool.

Tsurezure Children is by far the best anime I've seen all year that isn't a sequel to a previous season (My Hero Academia, Konosuba, Attack on Titan). Then again, I haven't watched much Made in Abyss yet...

I think it's way cuter and funnier than Eromanga Sensei, and I loved Eromanga Sensei despite thinking of it as Oreimo all over again without really trying as hard to be good. This show is hilarious and had me placing my hand on my heart saying "Aww" within 30 minutes of starting. It's a feeling I hate because it makes me feel like less of a man, but at the same time, I love the reminder of my humanity.

...Not to mention that this show actually made me laugh. I can count on one hand the number of anime this decade that have made me laugh (Prison School, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (seriously, everyone needs to watch the D'arby episodes and the Oingo Boingo + Hol Horse Boingo episodes), Konosuba, Angel Beats (who doesn't laugh at the rocket desk scene?), and most recently, this). Sure, other shows have made me chuckle and giggle (Assassination Classroom comes to mind), but rarely have I actually laughed consistently. Even if this anime ends terribly (which I can't imagine it doing), I'll probably rate it no less than an 8/10.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:46 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Well, Louis is a casual pleb who doesn't even remember the characters' names. Maybe he should be ignored and ridiculed! Whoever he is, he sounds like an arrogant fool.

Lol, I assure you that NOBODY on this site can remember the names in this series.

I couldn't even remember my favorite ship's names until episode 09 where they said them constantly.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
But ChiakixKana are probably the most fun to watch onscreen. Anyone would constantly be laughing at their schtick and shenanigans. I miss them terribly when they don't get screentime.

Is that the Glasses and Yanqui couple. I hate him. He can die in a fire. Let's set her up with somebody less annoying (if I have the right couple in mind).
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

Is that the Glasses and Yanqui couple. I hate him. He can die in a fire. Let's set her up with somebody less annoying (if I have the right couple in mind).

no, that's the comedy duo. the one with the boy who didn't realize they had been dating for a year. also also the couple where his mom walked in on them
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Ha ha, those two are hilarious! Chiibi, you will be relieved to know that I approve of you finding them fun to watch.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
^That's okay; it's hard to keep track of who is who. Anime hyper

Speaking of which, CHIAKI DONE SCREWED UP THIS TIME. (ep 10)

What else is new?

I hope Kana will forgive him. I don't think he's a bad kid; he's just inexperienced, is all. Anime hyper

I personally don't dislike anyone on the show but I can understand why some might hate Glasses.

Ep 11

Chii-chan has finally realized she likes Suguwara!!! *hype*

OMG CHIAKI AND KANA. Just make up already. Rolling Eyes I died when she dropped her phone though. Anime hyper
DON'T TAKE YOUR CELLPHONE INTO THE BATHTUB.
THESE SILLY CHILDRENS.

Actually that episode reminded me of an unfortunate real-life event:

spoiler[Earlier this summer, there was a story on the news of a teenage girl who got electrocuted in the bath from using her phone while it was charging.]

Common sense. It's a life-saver. :[
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Didn't mind glasses guy this time. it was cute how he was nervous for his ex-yanqui gf. I feel like some couples are getting short-shrift... like we haven't seen astronomy girl for a while.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:25 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
we haven't seen astronomy girl for a while.

Oh yeah!! I miss her and her senpai. I hated that her senpai had to leave; cause episode 01 made me love them together. They remind me of my own characters. Anime hyper
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

End of season fatigue already feels like it is setting in, by which I mean a fatigue of talking about shows when they have ended. Which is creating a shame because Tsuredure Children is a surprisingly good show. A short length series that juggles its time with various partners seems like a hard feat for a romantic comedy, heavy on the romantic subplots. But this really feels like all of the good parts of those sorts of stories, and doing mostly its own thing in cute and funny ways.

Maybe disappoint that this last episode only really focused on two of the couples, while a standard episode could do even more. But there was little way they could have felt to bring some sort of closure here, without trying to use the stories to focus on some sort of finality. Although, the last episode kind of also had me wonder who the Patty girl was, because she was kind of hilarious.

Anyway, one of the better short form anime I have seen, certainly worth a watch. I give a rating of Very good (8/10), maybe one of the shows that should not have been missed of the season.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
I rated it the same way, DP. I'm glad Chiaki and Kana patched things up... or rather, agreed to start over. The finale really didn't feel like a finale because so many of the other couples aren't resolved yet. I hope the plan is to have more seasons later.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:51 pm Reply with quote
THIS SHOW IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE OVER.

GOOD GRIEF, IF YOU'RE GIVING US 12 MINUTES, AT LEAST GIVE US ANOTHER COUR.

Or a bloody 4 koma. I could read a manga like this forever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2