• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drunk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:20 am Reply with quote
Mits wrote:
Drunk wrote:
2: Young boy meets and travels with an older girl who is a Samurai/Ninja/something like that. If I remember correctly she was banished by her clan or left it herself. It was set in feudal Japan (I think).

Isn’t it Moribito series? It is originally a novel. Anime and manga were made based on it. I’m not sure its manga is translated to English though.

That's not it. But just now I thought harder about it and remembered that its artstyle looked a bit like the one from Ichigo 100%. And guess what: it's a manga by the same artist.

Te to Kuchi

https://myanimelist.net/manga/50689/Te_to_Kuchi

Unfortunately that one's also not licensed in the West and the scanlations stopped halfway. *sigh*
Pidgeot18

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:55 am Reply with quote
Trying to find a manga where the only concrete thing I definitively remember is the outline of a scene...

One of the main characters, with a time-based power, ends up overusing the power and gets stuck outside the timeline for a bit while being lectured at about the dangers of the power. The distinctive thing I remember is that the timeline was specifically depicted as a kind of film reel with freeze-frames. Said scene would have occurred nearish the end, penultimate arc or so.

The only other details I can remember are that the basic plot is a fairly cookie-cutter shounen-kids-with-psychic-powers first playing "collect the psychic-powered kids" that ends up in the inevitable save-the-world plot. I'm also pretty sure that the manga is around 80-120 chapters in length (too bad I haven't found a manga search site that indicates chapter length in the sort terms). I also think another character's power is activated by switching an eyepatch from one eye to the other.
Souther

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:02 pm Reply with quote
^
Sounds like Psycho Busters to me.
chiekn_

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:36 am Reply with quote
I read this manga online on my phone but it was only the first episode I read. Then just forgot about the series and now i want to know about it again

Episode 1 of the manga was about a high schooler that got hit by a bus but doesn't know he died. He continues his life normally and everyone can still see him live, but during his way to school he meets a person with a number on his forehead (that represents some kind of threat level or how many people he has killed). The main character fights him and he realizes he has some sort of power.

*now i'm pretty sure his arms or legs get demonic-fied but can change back when he uses his special power

After he defeats the person the main character gets a number on his forehead. High schooler goes to class and he meets his substitute teacher and sees a number on the teachers forehead. That's where it lefts off

PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS MANGA or ANIME
I've BEEN SEARCHING IT FOR MONTHS
Surrealz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:10 am Reply with quote
Okay so it's one shot manga about a girl who's father is the great werewolf and her mom is a succubus. She was sent to the human world one day to learn how to look for food herself but she was afraid of boys. Than she met the male lead who is like a exorcist i think ? He let her feed on him and in the end he died because he gave all his life force to her. When she went back to her mom and dad she refuses to eat saying she's full. Its a really sad story but its really touching... i think it was a one shot from some manga but i can't remember. Please help me identify this manga Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Yohan Christian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:30 am Reply with quote
I use to read a dog protagonist manga and want to reread it again but i have lost it and i dont remember the name of the manga. All i could remember from that manga that the dog is looking for its mother. I think the dog is still a puppy. I do remember in one of the chapter the dog got stuck in a pipe inside a construction site and finally being help by the worker by using soap and water. And the construction worker bring it along while they are having a break. And also when theere is a gum stuck to his paw and he got confused and walk like his leg is hurting and finnaly the kindergarden kid cry and wanting to help him because he/she thought the dog leg hurt and the do then addopted by the kindergarden school but then the dog run away and the principal let the dog get away. Thanks for reading and if you are interested to know more about other chapter i remember several but think this is enough for description. I really want to read this manga again so if you can please help
Yohan Christian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
Yohan Christian wrote:
I use to read a dog protagonist manga and want to reread it again but i have lost it and i dont remember the name of the manga. All i could remember from that manga that the dog is looking for its mother. I think the dog is still a puppy. I do remember in one of the chapter the dog got stuck in a pipe inside a construction site and finally being help by the worker by using soap and water. And the construction worker bring it along while they are having a break. And also when theere is a gum stuck to his paw and he got confused and walk like his leg is hurting and finnaly the kindergarden kid cry and wanting to help him because he/she thought the dog leg hurt and the do then addopted by the kindergarden school but then the dog run away and the principal let the dog get away. Thanks for reading and if you are interested to know more about other chapter i remember several but think this is enough for description. I really want to read this manga again so if you can please help
nvm i've found it its called shibao
Omar AlAwadhi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:12 am Reply with quote
You'd really help me out if you could tell me this manga's name.

It looked like it was in an old age, bandits were roaming the streets, no cars ofc, the main character was the son of a weapon smith, and he had a bigger brother "Wears glasses" who went on a journey or something and was never seen again, so the younger brother sets out on a journey too, against his father's will who wants him to be a weapon smith too, I think, and goes on to look for his brother or something.
Pixel_Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:59 am Reply with quote
So, I'm having trouble finding a manga that went like this:

In this manga, there is a woman that works in a eroge game company as an artist. The problem is that she doesn't know how to properly draw female genitals, so what does she do? She goes to the bathroom and starts drawing her own genitals using a portable mirror. When she shows that drawing to her boss, he gets ecstatic on how perfectly drawn they are.

Despite the saucy subject at hand, I don't think it was hentai or borderline hentai.

Thanks in advance for the help. =)
Dark_Sinister21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Okay... I'm not going to sweat the details on how I forgot about this manga. So, here goes.
The manga went along like this:

[One-shot/Prologue] It started off if with a boringly boring highschool girl who wasn't even the main character observing, who just so happened to hear melodious music from the school's music room. The girl walks in to find a boy who is part of a mini highschool band and she is moved to tears by his playing of the piano. (The boy playing the piano didn't really care about the crying girl behind him, instead, I think he was disappointed in something... probably the way in which he played or the band in whole. Can't remember)

Then the story picks up with the same piano playing guy and a different girl. Thus making the Shoujo experience come into play. But the thing is: the boy is no longer in highschool and now he writes music is still hung up over his "bad breakup" with his ex (I think), so the girl (that I talked about in the beginning of this paragraph) bumped into him and he asked her to be his girlfriend... and yeah.. that's all I can remember. The girl is also in a mini high school band sorta and the dude that is in his band's boss wants to make her a star or something like that (he wanted to exploit her, I think).
Beltane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote
I'm looking for a manga, but I can't remember the title. ANN posted a review of the manga a while ago, but now I can't find the review.

The cover features a boy and a wolf in a snow-covered land. I think the first chapter goes something like the wolf is actually not a wolf, but some sort of parasitic lifeform (or some supernatural creature, I forgot which) that takes over the wolf after the wolf dies or something. The boy suspects the wolf isn't what it seems, but he doesn't do anything about it, I think. The setting is kind of bleak, and the boy and the wolf are all alone in a cold land. My memory is pretty hazy on the details, but I think that's the gist.

If anyone knows what the title is, please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:30 am Reply with quote
^It's almost 100% certainly To Your Eternity. It's really good, I do highly recommend it!

Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
You probably can't find the review because it was part of the Fall Manga Preview Guide. I do want/plan to write a full review later, probably of volumes two and three together.
Mai Hoami

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:14 am Reply with quote
Hello, I'm looking for an oneshot manga in which the two protagonists make a bet. The main female took a photo of the main male playing cards (gambling) and smoking. So the dude says that if he can make her flutter and falling in love with him then she has to delete the photo.
That's it, please help me. Thank you!
P/s: Sorry for my english...
guavacados

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:33 am Reply with quote
Total amateur hour here, but I clicked on a recommended title without reading the title and it navigated to a spam/virus page before I could remember to check it.

High school setting, main character is this twerp who was peaking on the girl's locker room- and he gets an unexpected shot of this girl's boobs. She's referred to as a "giant", and he was trying to get a picture of the "hottest girl in class" in panties before being blocked. I think she is a volleyball player? It was a small town setting...

The art style is more realistic than typical manga, with the bodies being drawn proportionately and the faces aren't just copy&pasted with different hair styles.

Let me know if you have any leads!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 33