• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Simuldub Black Clover Anime This Fall

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:22 am Reply with quote
I hope same-day simuldubs become a thing before the new Code Geass starts, probably Fall of next year, or the season after that (judging by when the movies are coming out).

But... "Only one in the world without magic"? I thought that was too cliche already when I was ten. But there have been a lot of those in anime recently, haven't there? Hmm...
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:29 am Reply with quote
Funimation simuldubbing a show is always great news. Makes it better when it's my own most hyped show of the fall season.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:40 am Reply with quote
Already has a sloppy feel to it, to be expected from Pierrot. (I'm talking about the new PV)
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:48 am Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:
I hope same-day simuldubs become a thing before the new Code Geass starts, probably Fall of next year, or the season after that (judging by when the movies are coming out)..

I am curious see if clover gets the same day simuldub treatment. I honestly figured ancient magua bride from wit studio was the only potential 1 for fall since they already have three episodea ready.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward too it, animation looks good and I'm looking forward to who will be playing who, I'd like to see Jamie Marchi as Vanessa since she already plays Cana in Fairy Tail and the two characters are very similar.

Not sure who should be Asta though, maybe one of the newer guys Funimation has been bringing in.
pauladls

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:
I hope same-day simuldubs become a thing before the new Code Geass starts, probably Fall of next year, or the season after that (judging by when the movies are coming out).

But... "Only one in the world without magic"? I thought that was too cliche already when I was ten. But there have Belé a lot of those in anime recently, haven't there? Hmm...

Yeah like midoriya
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:39 pm Reply with quote
pauladls wrote:
#861208 wrote:

But... "Only one in the world without magic"? I thought that was too cliche already when I was ten. But there have Belé a lot of those in anime recently, haven't there? Hmm...

Yeah like midoriya

But My Hero Academia is perfect and has no flaws /s.

To be fair though people love an underdog so setting up your protagonist as the reject help it easily appeal to an audience.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:42 pm Reply with quote
pauladls wrote:
#861208 wrote:

Yeah like midoriya

Midoriya is not a good example though. He is part of the 20% who don't have a quirk.
Snakebit1995 wrote:

But My Hero Academia is perfect and has no flaws .

I agree. Wink

Last edited by GoldCrusader on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I guess this means the Crunchyroll-Funimation marriage is still alive at least for this upcoming Fall season.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:03 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I guess this means the Crunchyroll-Funimation marriage is still alive at least for this upcoming Fall season.

Why wouldn't it be?
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:05 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

I mean funimation did come out and say nothing would change. Of course it can be hard to believe that sometimes but you get the point.
Vizo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Funimation for this simuldub! I liked what I saw from the ova and this makes things so much easier.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm very glad to see this news. Black Clover is one of those series ripe for a dub - and I may even hold off to watch this one dubbed instead of subbed.

It also helps that this will be a nice addition to Funi's library with My Hero Academia ending this season, so we still get some shonen goodness - albeit not as strong as the aforementioned MHA - into the new year.
Diorgenson4321

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Since I read the manga, I'll be one of those few people who will watch both dub and sub. I haven't heard any of the voices for the Japanese version, and the dub cast hasn't been announced yet, but I hope I am not disappointed for any of them.
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I don't feel like this show's going to be very good...yet I still feel like a lot of people are going to watch it simply because it's not on An*me Str*ke and they need to fill the MHA void.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2