• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Myriad Colors Phantom World Anime's English Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milzn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:08 am Reply with quote
Is this going to be on any anime site or not?
Raebo101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Amber Lee Connors as Mai Kawakami

Welp, I was gonna skip this one, but I guess I won't now. Curse my love of Amber Lee Connors' voice!
Raebo101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:25 am Reply with quote
Milzn wrote:

The dubbed episodes will be on FUNimation's site when Blu-ray/DVDs come out and they typically release the first couple of dubbed episodes for preview 6 weeks before the home video release.

The subbed episodes are already out on Crunchyroll.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:43 am Reply with quote
Now if they would just tell us wtf happenned with the yamada kun and seven witches anime that should have been released in July
Milzn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:14 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Milzn wrote:

The dubbed episodes will be on FUNimation's site when Blu-ray/DVDs come out and they typically release the first couple of dubbed episodes for preview 6 weeks before the home video release.

The subbed episodes are already out on Crunchyroll.

But dubbed version will be only on FUNimaton site? Unfortunately I can't watch it from my country. It is not supported
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:38 am Reply with quote
From what I can gather, this sounds perfect in my head. Nice to see Jerry helm another KyoAni dub, and Micah as the lead is spectacular! I haven't really heard Amber before but after watching a clip of Akane from Love Tyrant, she sounds like a good fit. And speaking of Love Tyrant, Amber reunites with Jad Saxton again, who sounds like she'll be great for Ruru.
Natalie Hoover also seems like a good fit, her slightly airy tone for Arisa (Akiba's Trip) could be a good cover of Saori Hayami's Reina. The rest of the cast should be suitable for their parts as well, but I'd really love to hear a clip or two!

-Marc.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:49 am Reply with quote
Milzn wrote:
But dubbed version will be only on FUNimaton site? Unfortunately I can't watch it from my country. It is not supported

If you have access to the VRV service, Funi puts their stuff on there, too.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Now if they would just tell us wtf happenned with the yamada kun and seven witches anime that should have been released in July

Okay glad to know someone else was wondering this too. I was starting to think the existence of that dub was just some strange dream I had.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Bounce into Kyoto Animation's new action-adventure series

It's bad enough when I'm the one to point out this series'... only?... only selling point but when people who actually paid money for it do it then it gets sad.

Also... this gets dubbed over Nichijou. It's a requisite for me at this point. Wow, I would have loved to see that as a Kickstarter.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:50 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Quote:

It's bad enough when I'm the one to point out this series'... only?... only selling point but when people who actually paid money for it do it then it gets sad.

Also... this gets dubbed over Nichijou. It's a requisite for me at this point. Wow, I would have loved to see that as a Kickstarter.

Considering Funi's last Kickstarter, maybe it's best this way, though a Nichijou dub would've been great.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:47 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:

I too was wondering about that mainly cos I dont think there was any announcement of a delay.

Back on topic. Im looking forward to this. Phantom World was interesting enough to pass the time so its worth picking up again to see how the dub fairs
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to some clips, looks like some very good choices.

Raebo101 wrote:
Quote:
Amber Lee Connors as Mai Kawakami

Welp, I was gonna skip this one, but I guess I won't now. Curse my love of Amber Lee Connors' voice!

Haha yeah Laughing
Milzn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote
FlowerAiko wrote:
Milzn wrote:

If you have access to the VRV service, Funi puts their stuff on there, too.

Unfortunately VRV service is not available either. My country suck so much. It makes me move to another country just to be able to watch anime xD
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 am Reply with quote
Given the sad ending of "WorldEnd", it is nice to see a Micah and Amber reunion.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Quote:

To be fair I kinda consider this anime to be probably Kyoto Animation's worse anime yet because how boring and nearly generic it is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2