• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - What Is The Reflection Mutating Into?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:28 am Reply with quote
Now if could mutate into a good show...
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:42 am Reply with quote
I like it, but I do think it has some weird pacing issues. Not in the overall plot development sense, but within individual episodes moments seem slower and quieter than in most anime. They're depicting some events move at a nearly realistic pace with minimal soundtrack, which is probably done for realism, but feels "off" in a superhero action anime.

The characters are great, though--I completely agree that X-On feels familiar without us knowing anything about his civilian identity, which works in this case. If you're going to put in a tropey tsundere hero with a Batman-esque attitude--i.e. "I work best alone! I'll team up with you guys, but it's not like I'm *happy* about it!" (Is secretly happy about it)--at least give him an air of mystery to keep it fresh.
Lisa is a breath of fresh air: the happiest, peppiest, youngest hero on the team. I had this dumb smile on my face when she declared that she was powered by imagination, the strongest power of all! You could feel her earnestness through the screen. Eleanor keeps getting tougher, and it's a joy to watch her grow and learn how to protect more people.

What happened to Ian last week was brutal. Wouldn't be surprised if he joined the dark side in some way at this point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1