• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:47 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for Ys VIII. Not much longer now. :D
varmintx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I feel like the Ys series has always been ignored, but with this latest one getting some really good reviews, maybe it'll finally break through to a modestly larger audience.
Darkabomination

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Ys and Trails need more love. It helps at least they have small, but very passionate fanbases and that no matter how different the genre/story ratio is, Falcom fans seem to stick together. But seriously, people need to buy the PC port of Cold Steel, it's fantastic.
Also on the topic of visual novels, random plug for Kindred Spirits On the Roof, very charming and lovable yuri vn with great translation quality.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I hope D3 will have release dates for EDF 5 and Wing Diver The Shooter at TGS, I can't wait to play both of them.
wintersun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:29 am Reply with quote
Darkabomination wrote:
Ys and Trails need more love. It helps at least they have small, but very passionate fanbases and that no matter how different the genre/story ratio is, Falcom fans seem to stick together. But seriously, people need to buy the PC port of Cold Steel, it's fantastic.
Also on the topic of visual novels, random plug for Kindred Spirits On the Roof, very charming and lovable yuri vn with great translation quality.

Yes ,one is the great Youtuber Happy Console Gamer.He Love the YS games that I am going to pick the new game up.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Uta 3 is definitely great if you like 2. I might like the story more than the first game, but that depends on how it wraps up everything. At the very least though, it doesn't feel like an unnecessary sequel.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
but the real news is the inclusion of Ghost Trick lead Sissel

Sweet! Capcom is remembering that this game exists! My solution here would be to just ignore Dead Rising 4 (I honestly didn't know it existed. I didn't even know they made a DR3!) and just play Ghost Trick again because it's fantastic. And my advice to anyone is to just play Ghost Trick anyway (it's on iOS now too, so you don't need a DS to play this masterpiece).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1