• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Made in Abyss (TV + movies).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:03 am Reply with quote
Was it just my imagination or did the quick flash we saw of Lyza's husband (who, of course, is Riko's father) look somewhat like Marulk? Really liked the episode. Riko and Reg do have liabilities, but her knowledge of nature and his strength/elastic arms make them a formidable team. I just wish Riko wasn't quite so willing to rush ahead into things.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:28 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for the OST. That song at the end is phenomenal, and really added to the scene.

Really liked the flashback, and the relationship between Lyza and Ozen.

I am looking forward to see some of the other crazy White Whistles once Riko and Reg go further down, as I'm pretty sure Ozen did not mention them for nothing.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:07 am Reply with quote
An old foe makes a return visit. I wonder how long Reg's arms are, anyway? Right now, these seem to be as long as a specific scene requires them to be. Also makes me wonder how cave raiders who don't have infinitely stretchy arms make it down the Abyss. Now, SURELY we will finally meet Bunny Ears Girl next episode, RIGHT???

In the news item related to the fact that the final eppie will be an hour long (YAY!), I noted that the MiA manga has been licensed for NA. Will be buying, for sure.
Ragdollomega

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
An old foe makes a return visit. I wonder how long Reg's arms are, anyway? Right now, these seem to be as long as a specific scene requires them to be. Also makes me wonder how cave raiders who don't have infinitely stretchy arms make it down the Abyss. Now, SURELY we will finally meet Bunny Ears Girl next episode, RIGHT???

In the news item related to the fact that the final eppie will be an hour long (YAY!), I noted that the MiA manga has been licensed for NA. Will be buying, for sure.

I think it was mentioned in the first or second episode about the length and we can see in the fourth episode that they can get pretty dang long.

Also, that news about the manga coming to NA is great news. I'm looking forward to it.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Remember when people said this was gonna get dark? Yeah, about that...
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:44 pm Reply with quote
The screams make the scene worse then the manga, IMO.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:07 am Reply with quote
That was a pretty intense episode. That spike creature looks like it would have a Dark Souls boss entrance, and with the introduction Nanachi, apparently those who lose their humanity are called Hollows.

What else to say about an episode that was almost completely convincing that a young girl main character was about to horribly die, and to gruesome effect.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:21 am Reply with quote
Ugh, that was a tough one for me. I am so invested in Riko as a character that seeing her suffer like that and seeing Reg have to see her suffer like that brought me to tears. On the one hand, it says something about a show that can evoke that kind of response, but on the other hand, I don't watch entertainment to be traumatized. I can handle sadness and poignancy, but that level of suffering is just really hard to watch. I hope that is as bad as it gets.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:15 pm Reply with quote
You'll notice various posts are missing.

Please don't troll, spoil, wish violence upon people or call each other jerks or idiots.

And, please don't make my job harder. Just report troll posts, don't reply to them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I have to say that Riko's VA, Miyu Tomita, did an excellent job at portraying the agony of her pain!
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Ep 11

(Sees Bondrewd)

DADDY, YAASS!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Interesting, that we actually got an explanation of the curse. That it is a sort of field akin to thin layers of cloth that are responsible for bringing light and the like down further into the abyss, which is why it is stronger further down, and damage is done as one is forced up through it. Some rather interesting thought exercise theory.

What Nanachi wanted in return, was somewhat of a surprise. She want her best friend, Mitty, to be put out of her misery. There was a rather strange part in the episode where we saw strange shots that looked like it could have been Riko, the figure turning into her, other parts pointed to Mitty, showing a scared girl trapped, only able to see the world through one eye. I might have misunderstood it, but was thinking it was kind of highlighting the situation Mitty has ended up in after her deformity.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:17 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
An old foe makes a return visit. I wonder how long Reg's arms are, anyway? Right now, these seem to be as long as a specific scene requires them to be.

In case you are still wondering,technically 40 meters for each arm.
But as you pointed out already,the plot and even moreso the artists also add a bit to his reach.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:53 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 12

There was a rather strange part in the episode where we saw strange shots that looked like it could have been Riko, the figure turning into her, other parts pointed to Mitty, showing a scared girl trapped, only able to see the world through one eye. I might have misunderstood it, but was thinking it was kind of highlighting the situation Mitty has ended up in after her deformity.

Recall that Riko was stillborn and was re-born inside the "Curse Warding" box.

The scene is of Riko looking out of the box,while Mitty looks into the box.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Ep 13:

That last shot, though. Someday, Best Daddy will be with all of us in his wonderful, horrifying, worst person ever since Griffith glory.

Last edited by AsuraTheDestructor on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8