• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Re:CREATORS (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:55 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 16

And looks like we are actually moving into the climax already, I was thinking the birdcage would be towards the end of the season, but we are starting now. Makes me wonder either this event will fail and not end things, or for a good amount of episodes the rest of the event is going to be pretty with things happening that the time is going to be filled.

Not sure if I mentioned this before in this thread, but to bring it up again the Birdcage itself will likely not be the finale.

considering everyone has something up there sleeves and even our heroes don't even know if they can honestly defeat Altair and from there perspective the unknown creations she has rallied likely means the "worst scenario" will occur as Charon will be directly against the allies and Magane will act in the most disruptive manner possible which will cause a backlash destroying the "canonical integrity" of the event.

It would be a LONG set of episodes if the show tried to keep the Birdcage until the finale proper as this episode seemed to imply the heroes are effectively at a point that "they are ready to spring the trap".
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:32 am Reply with quote
I'm very late to this Episode 14 observation, but that's the Corinthians v Chelsea game there http://i.imgur.com/8JrvSul.png ! FIFA Club World Cup 2012. Good memories.

Too bad I thought the episode itself was crap.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:35 pm Reply with quote
So with this episode I've come to feel a little sad for Selesia,she seemingly goes commando ala Aqua-sama and her seating arrangement-well just reminded me of of South Parks Mr Garrison's monowheel invention.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 17

We have finally hit the badass big fight part of the show, and it was pretty awesome so far. Their birdcage plan seemed to be to kind of slide Altair into a pocket fictional dimension so they could have the fight without worry about collateral damage and pushing the logic of the real world.

There seemed to be this theme that is giving credence to creators, especially with Blitz's creator, Suruga. At first I think it is an in general theme this show has put about there needing to be a lot of time put in by people just to make something good, and criticism fans can give about not putting in the time can be misinformed. But also that Suruga kind of gave a peek behind her curtain that despite how Marine was feeling inferior compared to her, Suruga kind of felt the same and was actually doing a lot at trying to show that she is worth something. With the reveal that she somehow had revived Blitz's daughter, an initial response might be to call it as being a bit of a deus ex machine of achieving something impossible without much work. But with everything Suruga said about pride in her work, a perfect understanding of her characters, and dislike in something she considers actually amateur, it actually looks like she put a huge amount of effort of achieving something logically consistent. And all because it makes a good story, based on how Suruga acts normally, that she may be way more empathic than she lets on, and understands how horrid her reasoning is to Blitz, and quite possibly hates herself for it.

I also consider it kind of meta that we clearly know things are not going end soon because there are so many episodes left. But also that despite things like Meteora shocked that Altair sees through the mechanics of the birdcage, that she is being able to stand this supposed everything they have, this is clearly not the whole plan as they seem to have a number of threads of things not called on yet like Hikayu, that there still is more of their plan. A question may be where wildcard Magane may get this. Will say that Magane sure did bring a "oh crap" moment in suddenly showing up.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:39 am Reply with quote
Ep 17
Hikuya is auspiciously missing, and Charon is no doubt being saved as Altair's ace up her sleeve.

Erina showing up at such an overly convenient time lights the situation as eyebrow raising with perhaps the reveal that Erina may be an incognito Hikuya (this can easily be proven wrong).

Blitz has a choice, side with his newly "adopted" daughter, or follow what he believes to be the reborn creation of his daughter, this weights on the nature how much of an individual the Creations truly are.

Altair likely understands that she cannot willy nilly kill off her opposition, it would be boring to the audience and also would unwittingly create a situation where she would inevitably lose to whichever last standing "hero" would stand in her way and be victorious as it is a basic plot element (hell it was already revealed Altair understands Alice is ready to betray her)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 18

And that, ladies and gentleman, is the power of a spoiler. Absolutely loved the part when Yuuya essentially spoiled the big reveal of his series fairly simply, shocking the audience and Sho, as well sinking his creator into despair. Yuuya admitting that he thought that his fights with Sho was because Sho had fun hanging out with him Laughing

A different emoticon for Hikuya, which would most certainly be: Embarassed . Yep, she can given a whole ridiculous different genre ability, heavily embarrassing her, and it is accepted.

But Magane, surprise part is that after some pretty bad things, she might have grown, at least the implication seems to be that she moved past her plain villain writing, from enjoying seeing people get torn apart, to kind of liking entertainment, which could come from the good guy getting a bit of help. And she has kind of made her character itself a contradiction, a dark villain doing something good.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 19

Damn. Just, damn that was quite the episode. Going into this episode I could not see that we might not spoiler[lose just Alice, but Selesia as she sacrifices herself to stop Charon who had become completely unreasonable.] If anything it made me really hate Altair, to hell with her feeling sorry for her creator, she is a stupid cheat of a character, who is putting herself as the most important person (a main character), diminishing others as just side characters. Acting as if her creator never had the world give her anything, which is clearly untrue in that she was not some disease ridden homeless girl who died of hunger.

I think it is putting into perspective that this really is not a matter of stories where you fight about who is the strongest, but characters who really are well written, and how it can be unfair if they get diminished by a character written so unreasonably, and the inherent selfishness in that.

The next bit I think is to really just enjoy how great this episode was with characters. Hikayu for example who pulled out a big: don't let down all of your friends here and those who rely on you, she was pretty awesome. But Alice, Selesia and Rui. strong performance all around, the music especially felt like it gave to these scene.

I don't know if this episode should be famous or infamous, since it is a bit of an undercurrent that something that has the guts to do something like this should not just be shunned. And there was a bunch of varied great parts. It was just a lot.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 19:

spoiler[RIP Alice.] I think she went out of this show in one of the more tragic ways since she wasn't able to avenge (well, at least she knows the truth about Mamika's death now) her friend's death.

Altair is so OP. She took on multiple opponents, countering Alice like it was nothing, and also playing mind games with her enemies all the same time. At this rate, I'm guessing Sota may be their only hope..? Not to mention, Selestia made a brave sacrifice at the end. I think this show will have to depend on Sota to come through.

I hope Selestia come in the future. She's like one of the main female character of the main cast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:59 am Reply with quote
Mamika,Alice and Selestia are not "dead",they could easily be brought back and I highly suspect they will be.
Given some of the reactions to the "death" scenes,I think Altair is being played.

Keep in mind whatever Sota has come up with has a free pass,courtesy of Magane's power.

Leaning towards Sota re-writing Altair in some way.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
Given some of the reactions to the "death" scenes,I think Altair is being played.

Could you elaborate on that? Like whose reactions and what was "off" about them?
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:45 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Nordhmmer wrote:

Could you elaborate on that? Like whose reactions and what was "off" about them?

Sota's reaction particular,seemed more concerned about the pain Selesia's felt vs open grief of her "death".

Given the world mechanics shown thus far and that the Birdcage fight is a story within the story;all three creations who have "died" could have those "death"s over/re- written as such that it never happened.

And have we not all seen a MC "die" only for the MC to have faked that "death"?
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:34 pm Reply with quote
So some of our posters are betting on Meteora or Magane popping out and effectively amounting to a "Heroes never die!" moment.

For my own tastes, I actually hope the deaths stick, it will take a bit but having a character death, especially for a "main" character, is a significant story telling moment, having the situation cop out like it would be something out of Mamika's Magical Girl scenario would mean the real writers are not prepared to give the audience an emotional punch.

For fictional characters, death has to have a meaning especially if they have been the principal focus of the story, by giving an arbitrary revival cheapens the impact after the audience observes the completed work.

In regards to deaths, for the audience it doesn't connect as well that Celesia killed Charon as our audience perspective is that Charon is practically a new character, but to give a rough equivalent I suppose this would be say Asuna being forced to kill Kirito, Ayanami Rei being forced to kill Shinji, or Fate Testerossa being forced to kill Nanoha.
The issue is that the incident should ring as a contradiction at least from the in universe audience perspective which creating a contextual paradox might be Altair's real goal and not necessarily killing off the "Heroes".

*edit, Something that is sad is that Altair also does think the world is beautiful and is condemning it not because she hates it, but what she takes it as because the world turned it's back on her creator Setsuna.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote
You know, in a show about fictional characters showing up in reality, the hardest thing to believe is that the audience loves Altair instead of getting mad that she's an invincible villain who easily wipes the floor with their favourite characters.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:21 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
You know, in a show about fictional characters showing up in reality, the hardest thing to believe is that the audience loves Altair instead of getting mad that she's an invincible villain who easily wipes the floor with their favourite characters.

Well she has been kind of been playing the ringleader, calling out the events as entertainment for the audience, claiming that it is her doing while kind of making the audience feel important. People can enjoy a good villain, as long as it does not become a feeling that the villain is just bullshit OP that us the audience of this anime have been seeing her play up.

Is it really a plot twist when it feels like it was inevitable. Taking a step back, it might be only me, but Hikayu has reminds me of a particularly 2 magical girls, one being Nanoha in how she was while being in fighting mode and actually getting angry at what was happening, and the other was kind of Madoka after she had been reverted to her normie form, from a side of her worrying that she cannot do anything. But Magane certainly played her part as the wild card, combined with Sota being the series but not in series hero. Also thinking had me ponder if it also acts as a combined effort of a lot of the characters, including those who died which had an influence on both Magane and Sota that lead to this.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21:

Can we spare a moment of sympathy for those soldiers who had to listen to Sota's whiny, tearful monologue behind them? They never showed them from the front, so we didn't get to see their eyes doing cartwheels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9