• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:51 am Reply with quote
Ok so I few years back I came across this video not sure if it was fully hentai , anyway so from what I remember both main characters are high school students that go to the same school and class the girl is working as a maid for the guy who likes to use her for his pleasure(apparently he also used the other maids in the house aswell) the girl puts up with it because she can't pay school and doesn't have a place to stay . So if anyone can please help me out it's a really good storyline and I'd like to watch and finish it this time.
P.S. if this helps anyone the girl is very shy short blue hair busty and nice form, the guy is tall dead in the eyes honey brown hair . Other maids busty brunette a blond and a red head. Their is also a scene where the girl is in the middle of her p.e class and they bully her and she listen to what they say when the guy sees that she obeyd he was not to happy and when they got home he punished her. Very much appreciated to those who help.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a list of all the anime movies (not anime television shows) released by Funimation on Bluray/DVD over the years?

All of the "complete" lists of Funimation's licenses I've found mix the feature films and television shows together into the same list and call it a day. I've tried searching for "Funimation films", "Funimation movies", etc., but the only stuff that ever seems to turn up are lists of Funimation's theatrically-released films.
horseradish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:08 am Reply with quote
^BodaciousSpacePirate

Pressing Ctrl+f to search for "movie" on the Funimation page in the encyclopedia will highlight movies that are licensed by Funimation. This is rather inefficient, so maybe someone else knows a more convenient method or an actual list to scroll through.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:13 am Reply with quote
horseradish wrote:
^BodaciousSpacePirate

Pressing Ctrl+f to search for "movie" on the Funimation page in the encyclopedia will highlight movies that are licensed by Funimation. This is rather inefficient, so maybe someone else knows a more convenient method or an actual list to scroll through.

Thanks, that method helped enough that I was able to find what I was looking for.
Akabaka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:55 am Reply with quote
Hello,
So i just joined this forum hoping someone would know anything about an animated series [not sure if it was japanese] which i saw for a few days as a child

So here's the info i can remember:

"Approximate time and place you watched this title. If it was on TV, airing hour is appreciated. "

The year must be around 2001-2004.I saw it on TV , the channel was chinese, most probably cctv-4. The language was most probably one of the chinese languages and it looked like a wuxia anime [could laos be three kingdoms based, but it had more magic and female fighters]

It aired at 1400 local time, so i guess it would have been 1700 chinese time.

"Video format. Was it on TV, in a movie theater, or on a video? If it's video-based, was it VHS or DVD? "
It was on TV

"Audio and/or subtitle language(s). "
I couldn't understand the language, but since it aired on a chinese channel, i'd guess one of the chinese language

"A brief description of the story, including its genre and background settings. "
"Data on protagonist(s). Name, age, gender, race, most and least favorite(s), equipments, etc. "

I could only see it for a couple of days , after which the channel discarded by our cable operator
Since there were no subtitles, i could only understand the plot via actions

Plot seemed to be standard good army training to take down evil army whohas conquered
In one scene ,A woman [very similar to the female lead in condor hero] is shown to be captive, in a palace.

In another,Two girls [on the good side] practice martial arts in an open viridian field in a mountanous region. One of them power up and discharges an energy beam to the other [goku style,the reason i watched it lol]
One of them is dressed in a red miniskirt , red high heeled shoes and red laces from these boots running up her thighs
The other was dressed in yellow chinese traditional dress [like the red qipao of xiaoyu in tekken 3]. Also had a tao symbol on the dress

As they are practicing , a wizard in long robes comes to them [out of a vertical blue portal , i think] says something which sounded lik eguidance , and leaves [perhaps he also showed some magic , i can;t remember for sure]

A man tried to get intimate with the captive woman, and after her pleas to spare her are refused, she jumps off the window

That's all i can remember

"Anything else distinctive and special enough that you've never seen in other anime titles, like mascots, special abilities, special equipments, martial art styles, etc."
It had a very chinese flavour and the animation was better than what ihad seen [mostly animes before 2000]

I checked out the legend of condor hero and romance of three kingdoms, but the characters i remember don't seem to be present in what little i saw of these animes

Help would be much appreciated
horseradish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:01 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by horseradish on Mon May 04, 2020 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Extremist23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:05 am Reply with quote
I don’t remember which cartoon series it was. I just remembere its. First episode but i have keen desier to watch that series can someone help me out
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Extremist23 wrote:
I don’t remember which cartoon series it was. I just remembere its. First episode but i have keen desier to watch that series can someone help me out

Could you provide some idea of what you remember of it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GloballyLocal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:19 pm Reply with quote
It s driving me nuts. The anime short was on a vhs combo I had as a kid. I remember the details and story clearly, but cant find any evidence of it online.

The spoiled princess turns away all the suitors brought to the palace. The fed up king says she will marry the next suitor to come to the palace. The next man is a peasant (or posing as one). She is married to him, and has to weave and sell baskets in an old shack. She acts all spoiled and bratty at first, but is eventually humbled and finds out he is actually a prince.

I clearly remember her getting all frustrated and pricking her finger on one of the baskets. I also remember her making fun of the original suitors.

Can ANYONE remember this anime style (w/ english voices/ dubbing?) movie/short? Any info about it would be great. Even someone else who vaguely remembers it would make me happy at this point.
pibburns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:39 pm Reply with quote
GloballyLocal wrote:

The spoiled princess turns away all the suitors brought to the palace. The fed up king says she will marry the next suitor to come to the palace. The next man is a peasant (or posing as one). She is married to him, and has to weave and sell baskets in an old shack. She acts all spoiled and bratty at first, but is eventually humbled and finds out he is actually a prince.

I clearly remember her getting all frustrated and pricking her finger on one of the baskets. I also remember her making fun of the original suitors.

Can ANYONE remember this anime style (w/ english voices/ dubbing?) movie/short? Any info about it would be great. Even someone else who vaguely remembers it would make me happy at this point.

This sounds like the well-known tale of King Grizzle Beard, tale #52 in the Brothers Grimm collection.

There was an adaptation done for the Japanese anime series Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics. This episode was dubbed into English and was available on VHS. Like many other Saban/Levy produced cartoon adaptations, it's locked up in Disney's vaults. You might be able to find an old VHS copy if you look around. I probably shouldn't say, but you'll also find this episode on the Home of All Copyright Violations.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:36 pm Reply with quote
EDIT: I initially asked for help on how to upload an avatar on this site from my iPhone, but I found a way to do it before I asked again. No need for this post on this thread anymore, so please discard it. Thanks.

Last edited by Joshua Zarate on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Forgetfool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys literally my first forum post ever. Long story short i am trying to remember an anime when i was younger.... Revolving around the open palm and includes a gigantic metal palm floating in a field... I distinctly remember a scene where the young boy is with the female teen, i could be wrong about the age gap.. Sitting at the edge of a lake and she's on the grass picking her boogers , pinkie, and is talking to the younger boy before the giant palm appears, just one of many scenes, and i cant remember if she fought it or what but i believe she started flying around with her electric guitar.... The younger boy is countlessly in sexual scenes with her, as she loves to make him uncomfortable about it and i remember another scene were she comes out the shower and tries to sarascticly "seduce" him, wrapped in a white towl with a dark shadow over her crotch. This is anime i watched i believe 15 or more years ago, and it popped into my head about how good it was... Any help would be soo appreciated !!!! I want to say that when she is dressed, she wears a red utility type of shirt.
Forgetfool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:49 pm Reply with quote
She loved to wear fingerless gloves and pick her nose... Maybe constantly
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like FLCL

Just for future reference, there's a dedicated thread for identifying anime over in the General Anime forum.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1628
Forgetfool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Thanks man you made my day!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 540 of 569