• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My First Girlfriend is a Gal Director Hiroyuki Furukawa Establishes New Anime Studio

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WikiSonic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:42 am Reply with quote
What's up with these unremarkable directors forming their own studios lately.
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:50 am Reply with quote
so i guess he's going to make more fanservice anime with names following a staple of "My _ is the _"
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:13 am Reply with quote
Is it that easy to start your own animation studio? I mean... if it's senior director with tons of directorial experiences I can understand. A good portion of Mr. Furukawa's CV however, with all due respect, is related to key animation.

That said, best of luck with your new studio, sire.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:20 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Is it that easy to start your own animation studio? I mean... if it's senior director with tons of directorial experiences I can understand. A good portion of Mr. Furukawa's CV however, with all due respect, is related to key animation..

I don't really know the answer but there are absolutely loads of new start up studios in recent years more then I've ever seen in my anime watching time.

Most studios even the ones that are big today started off by helping out other studios finish weekly episodes or do short shows more recently. Building from there.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:50 am Reply with quote
I see the massive breakthrough hit of our generation, My First Girlfriend is a Gal, has inspired quite a lot of confidence in the guy! Laughing

In all seriousness, I'm sure he's been planning this for a while, and I'm curious why, and how he's going to manage it. I can't honestly say I've heard anyone within production fandoms discuss him at all, so it seems a little strange.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 am Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
so i guess he's going to make more fanservice anime with names following a staple of "My _ is the _"

An original series called "My Girlfriend is the Lucky Childhood Friend" would be interesting.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
Let me get this straight; A guy who has directed one series of ten minute shorts and one series of a ten episode length thinks he can handle deadlines?

This is not going to end well... or each project will end very quickly, take your pick.
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

An original series called "My Girlfriend is the Lucky Childhood Friend" would be interesting.

spoiler[love, elections and chocolate]
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:25 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Let me get this straight; A guy who has directed one series of ten minute shorts and one series of a ten episode length thinks he can handle deadlines?

This is not going to end well... or each project will end very quickly, take your pick.

That's the thing though it very unlikely they will jump straight in a do a full series. They will probably start off by helping out other studios meet their deadlines by helping with work assistance type work and maybe do a short series while they build up.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:04 pm Reply with quote
WikiSonic wrote:
What's up with these unremarkable directors forming their own studios lately.

I guess for better or for worse trying to things his own way since anime studios we have now pay crap wages, although I don't expect this to be any different but maybe it will give say more creative freedom?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1