• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viewster Adds School Days, Humanity Has Declined Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:41 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
I've heard much about School Days, but I'm not sure if I should watch it or not.

I did watch it--all of it--out of a morbid curiosity. Believe me when I say it's stupefying. Senseless. Sickening. And depending on how you view the ending, either depressing or cathartic in the purest form of schadenfreude you'll see in anime this side of Hell Girl.

All I can say is: watch if you dare. If you're squirming by the end of the first episode (no spoilers here!), go no further. Your psyche will thank you.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
School Days, huh? Unless it gets a Ghost Stories-style dub, then Humanity really has Declined.

I have my suspicions that these titles shared a single announcement precisely to aid such a pun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
what's ironic is that,in the original VN,you can make him a decent,if indecisive,human being.
spoiler[or porking lolis,if you're into that too...]

I dunno, I played through all of the endings in the VN (don't ask me why it was a horrible, HORRIBLE mistake) and Makoto is never decent. Even if you try to make him decent, he's still a reprehensible human being.

Also there's no way School Days was a deconstruction of anything. If you play the original VN you can clearly tell it was just a poorly written, poorly executed mess of a school drama. The only reason it became famous was because of its bad endings, which other games also do have, School Days just made them much more graphic. It doesn't have to capability to properly comment on anything related to the standard Harem genre let alone try to meta itself into anything worth discussing.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:53 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
I've heard much about School Days, but I'm not sure if I should watch it or not.

School days is the warning to every Harem MC of what would REALLY happen!

actually its a warning to them to not treat the girls in your harem circle like garbage which is exactly what this ass did.

for all those that were whining about the density of other MCs like touma kamajo , ichika orimura , or tenchi & kenchi masaki , I would rather have my MC have the persona of them rather than have one as an utter bastard like makoto ito.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2