• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chikara Sakura Directs One-Punch Man Anime's 2nd Season at J.C. Staff

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:03 am Reply with quote
Considering how much freelance staff Madhouse had to use to animate One Punch Man season 1, it doesn't surprise me that the production committee had to change studios. Madhouse is a shell of its former self, even more so now that Nut Studio was formed form even more Madhouse staff to make Saga of Tanya the Evil.
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:05 am Reply with quote
Damn, it's a shame Natsume Shingo couldn't come back. If the production committee hadn't rushed the series like this we wouldn't be in such a pinch. Hopefully Sakurai can pull in good connections. Natsume's connections are what make Season One so good, after all. If we're lucky Sakurai has contacts from his Naruto days, like Tsuru Toshiyuki, Suzuki Hirofumi, Kouda Masayuki and maybe even Matsumoto Norio...
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
JacobYBM wrote:
Damn, it's a shame Natsume Shingo couldn't come back. If the production committee hadn't rushed the series like this we wouldn't be in such a pinch. Hopefully Sakurai can pull in good connections. Natsume's connections are what make Season One so good, after all. If we're lucky Sakurai has contacts from his Naruto days, like Tsuru Toshiyuki, Suzuki Hirofumi, Kouda Masayuki and maybe even Matsumoto Norio...

Norio Matsumoto did do work on the first season, such as the OP.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:09 am Reply with quote
J.C. Staff replaces Madhouse: Ehh, Replace Shingo Natsume with Chikara Sakura: Gerp, Chikashi Kubota is returning to design the characters: Neat, and Makoto Miyazaki to compose the music: THANK GOD, I can rest easy knowing that at the very least ill get more amazing osts like season 1. This is sad news but im optimistic and even if it sucks i still have the manga.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quote
Oh come on!
Blankslate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
Well there goes every reason I enjoyed the first season. Those reasons being the fantastic choreography and animation highlights.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:17 am Reply with quote
Studio's don't matter as much as people would like to think, though.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:

Except with Onepunchman sequel it's a real matter because of it's animation team, that Natsume bringed to Madhouse. The last time when J.C.Staff done to action-packed series (Danmachi: Oratoria)... it was one piece of crap.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:29 am Reply with quote

Staff does though, and that seems to be the greater concern here, which I share.

We'll see how it goes, but it looks like I have another addition to the pile of sequels I would be more excited but for staffing changes.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:29 am Reply with quote

Yes it all depends on the staff, and the key staff member that's not present in this season (Shingo Natsume) was the entire reason the first season got so many talented freelancers to work on it.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote
JacobYBM wrote:

I don't know about Tsuru but the rest are busy with Boruto. Norio was working on Shingeki no Bahamut and IIRC on a Yuasa movie.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:

Except with Onepunchman sequel it's a real matter because of it's animation team, that Natsume bringed to Madhouse. The last time when J.C.Staff done to action-packed series (Danmachi: Oratoria)... it was one piece of crap.

Like I said, freelancers are the main reason why One Punch man looked as good as it did.

If J.C. Staff manages to get the freelancers from the first season, their should be no real difference
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote

Like I said, freelancers are the main reason why One Punch man looked as good as it did.

If J.C. Staff manages to get the freelancers from the first season, their should be no real difference

Like others have said, without the Natsume Shingo, it's not clear that those freelancers will be back. Hopefully they will, but without that key connection, I don't think it is likely.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:34 am Reply with quote
It doesn't look good to me going from a historical great studio like Madhouse to J.C. Staff, which does solid, but often dull animation. Good thing I am not a big OPM fan because I would be pissed with the studio downgrade. And wasn't this second season supposed to air this year?
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:35 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:

Natsume Shingo was the main reason why the freelancers were even working on the show. Now that he's been replaced, who knows if the new director has contacts with those animators.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5