• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chikara Sakura Directs One-Punch Man Anime's 2nd Season at J.C. Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anddo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Best news I've heard all year. Madhouse is a grossly overrated studio that wouldn't know the first thing about animation if a speedline hit their collective heads.

And it's not a big deal either, because the character designer, series composition writer and composer are all the same. That means that the new season will look the same, be written in the same plot structure and have the same awesome soundtrack as the first season. There is absolutely nothing but good news in this confirmation and every pretentious Madhouse fanboy will force needless drama into it.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Talk about a double punch in the nuts. I've never seen anything directed by Chikara Sakurai, but since he's such an experienced, prolific animator, I hope his rolodex can match Shingo Natsume's.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:32 pm Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:
Best news I've heard all year. Madhouse is a grossly overrated studio that wouldn't know the first thing about animation if a speedline hit their collective heads.

And it's not a big deal either, because the character designer, series composition writer and composer are all the same. That means that the new season will look the same, be written in the same plot structure and have the same awesome soundtrack as the first season. There is absolutely nothing but good news in this confirmation and every pretentious Madhouse fanboy will force needless drama into it.

I was wondering when a J.C. Staff fanboy would show up Laughing
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:42 pm Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:

...what are you talking about? The first season was one of the best pieces of television animation ever, largely thanks to Shingo Natsume's action expertise. He will be an extremely hard talent to replace.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:22 pm Reply with quote
so as long as they stick to the manga it should be about the same quality as the first season. plus this series is fairly populary in japan and very popular globally so i dont think they"d risk not making this good.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:22 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Like others have said, without the Natsume Shingo, it's not clear that those freelancers will be back. Hopefully they will, but without that key connection, I don't think it is likely.

Yeah, that's going to be the real question, he got in a ton of top guys to chip in and you can feel all that passion and talent on the screen. Also, the way he directed the scenes was also a big part of the show's success. He's going to be real tough to replace for both reasons since these two things made the show such a showpiece in addition to the great material.

Looking forward to it though, like HoboSoup said, holding out hope that they can do it justice and I'll anticipate it with an open mind despite the change since it's more OPM.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:35 pm Reply with quote
#854626 wrote:
so as long as they stick to the manga it should be about the same quality as the first season. plus this series is fairly populary in japan and very popular globally so i dont think they"d risk not making this good.

It's not really a matter of "risking not making this good". Different studios, different producers, a different director, etc, means a different schedule and a different production. Everyone wants to make their show look and function as a great anime, that's just not the reality of TV anime. If the schedule and the staff are not up to the challenge it's not going to be what people hope for. Sakurai may be great, I truly hope he is, but my faith lies solely in the AD Kubota at the moment. He's a proven excellent animator with actual ties to the people who made OPM season 1 great. If he is able to pull some of them to the project, that may be what makes this sequel work. Otherwise it'll be interesting to see who else they are able to draw. I imagine part of what caused this was many of the original staff just being too busy, so their involvement may be impossible regardless.

anddo! wrote:
Best news I've heard all year. Madhouse is a grossly overrated studio that wouldn't know the first thing about animation if a speedline hit their collective heads.....[snip]
.....There is absolutely nothing but good news in this confirmation and every pretentious Madhouse fanboy will force needless drama into it.

Sorry to inform you, but you have literally zero idea how studios and animation production functions. Neither do Madhouse "fanboys", or most studio fanboys, but that's neither here nor there.
Vizo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:15 pm Reply with quote
First, A Certain Magical Index and now One Punch Man. What is this? Long-awaited anime tease Day?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Don't reply to trolls, report them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Im getting attack On Titan Season 2 vibes all over again! Anime sequels are truly dying, please don't turn out a snooze fest like AOT s2 was!
Grimvice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:16 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
Im getting attack On Titan Season 2 vibes all over again! Anime sequels are truly dying, please don't turn out a snooze fest like AOT s2 was!

The second season continued the story, had tighter pacing and looked and sounded just as beautiful as the first season. Plus, the third season is coming out soon anyway.

Second, when have anime sequels been dying? My Hero Academia's 2nd season was great, the Impure King Arc of Blue Exorcist was fantastic, the Monogatari series has had numerous and awesome sequels over the years, and amazing shows like Kekkai Sensen, Shokugeki no Soma and March Comes Like a Lion are getting second seasons.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Let's not freak about this until we have at least a trailer, shall we? Second seasons have changed studios before and ended up fine.
dark13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
How is having an opinion being a troll ? I think this anime is shit and I have the right to say that.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Errinundra wrote:
How is having an opinion being a troll ? I think this anime is shit and I have the right to say that.

Only if you follow the rules. Your post was pure bait. There was no substance to it. No explanations. No reasoning for why you dislike it. Just pure flamebait. The fact you mentioned AOT and SAO, 2 other very hotly contested shows by fans, furthers shows this. You weren't posting an opinion with reasoning behind it, you were trying to poke a beehive. You've also been warned for this, and other behavior problems, here before many times. You've been moderated for them as well. So don't act as if you don't know any better.
dark13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
dark13 wrote:
Errinundra wrote:

Only if you follow the rules. Your post was pure bait. There was no substance to it. No explanations. No reasoning for why you dislike it. Just pure flamebait. The fact you mentioned AOT and SAO, 2 other very hotly contested shows by fans, furthers shows this. You've also been warned for this, and other behavior problems, here before many times and have been moderated for them as well. So don't act as if you don't know any better.
Yet you will let Comments like this slide ?
(4th post ) literally he says the something doesn't even say why he hates this show so people can say shit about this anime but OMG you can't say the same thing about OPM ?

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3073053&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5