• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chikara Sakura Directs One-Punch Man Anime's 2nd Season at J.C. Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Here's a fun fact that you and so many others constantly choose to ignore. As we mods have said time and time again we are volunteers with lives and actual jobs and do not read every single new post in every single thread every single day. That's why there is a report button. That's why you use it. Just as someone might use it towards you. Someone else not being reported and a mod not seeing a post is no excuse for you, nor anyone else, to violate the rules themselves. Now it's time to get back on topic and move on.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:04 am Reply with quote
OK, don't you think by now they rights holders could have an estimate seasonal release date? The show is popular and I think enough time has passed where they should have that announcement.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:09 am Reply with quote
Most of us would have known already that Madhouse wouldn't be doing the second season if we ever got one. Sequels aren't their thing.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:24 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
OK, don't you think by now they rights holders could have an estimate seasonal release date? The show is popular and I think enough time has passed where they should have that announcement.

I think the fact that we are getting this announcement right now makes it pretty clear they aren't remotely ready for that yet. It's probably just going into production right now. We might see it for the Summer season next year, but I highly doubt any earlier than that.
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:45 am Reply with quote
Grimvice wrote:
FlyGuySempai wrote:
Im getting attack On Titan Season 2 vibes all over again! Anime sequels are truly dying, please don't turn out a snooze fest like AOT s2 was!

The second season continued the story, had tighter pacing and looked and sounded just as beautiful as the first season. Plus, the third season is coming out soon anyway.

Second, when have anime sequels been dying? My Hero Academia's 2nd season was great, the Impure King Arc of Blue Exorcist was fantastic, the Monogatari series has had numerous and awesome sequels over the years, and amazing shows like Kekkai Sensen, Shokugeki no Soma and March Comes Like a Lion are getting second seasons.
Snoozed fest lol what...it was much better than Season 1
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
This is shocking! Without Natsume and Madhouse, we're back to 50/50 chances of either being good or bad animations. But I'm not worried because this is not the first time it happened before.

Remember Gintama? This anime has also changed studios from Sunrise to Bandai Namco Pictures along with their staffs and guess what? It turned out alright and my worries was completely unfound. Let's hope they do the same thing to OPM.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
Remember Gintama? This anime has also changed studios from Sunrise to Bandai Namco Pictures along with their staffs and guess what? It turned out alright and my worries was completely unfound. Let's hope they do the same thing to OPM.
That is a good point, if I had never been told, I doubt I would ever of noticed.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
Most of us would have known already that Madhouse wouldn't be doing the second season if we ever got one. Sequels aren't their thing.

It isn't as if they never are the studio for sequels of a series they were the studio for the first time around.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:57 am Reply with quote
Of course it's possible that this change of studio and some staff may have no discernible impact on OPM 2. But I can't help but be leery whenever something like this happens. First we find out about Kemono Friends now this.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:35 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

Making an announcement too early of what season it would premiere in could lead to a situation where they have to change that later. Which would affect fans more: Waiting longer to find out when it premieres, or being given a season and then an "Oops, sorry, it will be later"?

It isn't as if the time of the announcement is going change when it actually premieres.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:53 am Reply with quote
Top 10 anime betrayals.
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:19 pm Reply with quote
If it ain't broken don't fix it, why did they change Studio and director???
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Xiximaro wrote:

I'm 100% certain they didn't do this because they wanted to. There was probably just too many scheduling conflicts. The staff that made the original all showing up together on a single project is already incredibly rare and unlikely to see once. They are incredibly talented and always busy. Deciding that, rather than waiting 15 years to get them all back together, they would find a new team and hope for the best with those they can get, seems like a pretty reasonable route to go.
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Xiximaro wrote:

I'm 100% certain they didn't do this because they wanted to. There was probably just too many scheduling conflicts. The staff that made the original all showing up together on a single project is already incredibly rare and unlikely to see once. They are incredibly talented and always busy. Deciding that, rather than waiting 15 years to get them all back together, they would find a new team and hope for the best with those they can get, seems like a pretty reasonable route to go.

Really? That still doesn't relieve me... In your opinion can the new director pull it of(I don't really know them)? I already know that J.C. Staff is a good Studio I think
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Xiximaro wrote:

Really? That still doesn't relieve me... In your opinion can the new director pull it of(I don't really know them)? I already know that J.C. Staff is a good Studio I think

I think he can. But it's going to mostly depend on who he can attract to the project. Chikashi Kubota, the Animation Director is already a good start. He is a super talented animator and had the same responsibilities on the first season. He also knows most of the same people as Natsume, so he may be able to bring a few talented people onto the project. Sakurai has a lot of ties to Pierrot and various parts of Naruto, so it's likely he knows a lot of the talent from that as well. Most of them are probably busy with Boruto, but we can hope for a few cuts here and there, maybe. He also worked with A-1 on a couple of pretty notable projects, with other pretty amazing talent, so anyway, he does likely know some people. It'll all depend on whether he can get them to work on his show. The biggest point of worry is that he's never really handled a series like this. All of his directorial credits are for specific episodes, and frankly, I don't know if those specific episodes were good or not. He seems to be an animator at heart though, so he could be just waiting for a chance to shine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5