• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Macross/Aquarion's Shoji Kawamori, Satelight to Reveal New TV Anime's Title, Cast in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:01 pm Reply with quote
That premise sounds really interesting. Hope it will be good Very Happy

I recall seeing a prototype(?) trailer before and the character designs had my interest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:02 am Reply with quote
Article:
Quote:
The anime is targeting a worldwide audience, and will be launched globally. Xiamen Skyloong Media is part of the anime's production.

While a global audience and global launch is admirable, my concern is how they will do it. Give it Netflix's dull track record for delay-casts, I don't think that site would be a good place for possibly streaming. Now, I think Crunchyroll is ideal for this.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:56 am Reply with quote
I wonder if it's a mecha anime. If it is, I'll be very, very interested in it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:57 am Reply with quote
I will be surprised the day when I read an ANN article where there's an original anime that is intended for a global audience, that will be available to every country (save for China or Japan) on country, and that will have an English simuldub.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I remember that piece of teaser art.

Looking forward to the reveal.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Article:
Quote:
The anime is targeting a worldwide audience, and will be launched globally. Xiamen Skyloong Media is part of the anime's production.

While a global audience and global launch is admirable, my concern is how they will do it. Give it Netflix's dull track record for delay-casts, I don't think that site would be a good place for possibly streaming. Now, I think Crunchyroll is ideal for this.

If it's a simultaneous world-wide release, that would work fine on Netflix. If it airs on TV in Japan and then Netflix posts it for the rest of us suckers at a later date, it won't be quite as ideal.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:36 am Reply with quote
Problem is how do you profit from this project. Will there be mercantiling, will there be idol group singing? I keep wondering at times if we can get good project of quality can come about without something backing it. Sales of the anime itself aren't enough.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:37 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
While a global audience and global launch is admirable, my concern is how they will do it.

I recall cases in the past wherein a 'global' release has simply entailed a simulcast available in four or five countries. Suspicions are hard to allay here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Problem is how do you profit from this project. Will there be mercantiling, will there be idol group singing? I keep wondering at times if we can get good project of quality can come about without something backing it. Sales of the anime itself aren't enough.

What makes you think this wouldn't have the exact same avenues for revenue that any other anime has? Nothing about this article suggests that it doesn't have a normal production committee behind it. And like many, I think you're underestimating the amount of money a couple of good streaming deals can provide. If this is global in any significant sense, it could literally already be paid for. Especially if the US and China are included.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1