• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Staff Makes 2018 Original Romance TV Anime Tada-kun wa Koi o Shinai

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote
Well the promotional art is certainly cute
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:44 am Reply with quote
This actually looks really good, staff is good as well.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote
We can certainly expect follow up articles on a story synopsis and basic character descriptions between now and 12/31. However, how different would it be if this article already had a story synopsis, basic character descriptions (with the seiyuu playing them), and have a simulcast that isn't on Anime Strike or Netflix? That is, besides more info being given.
Calico

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote
This'll certainly make a lot of people happy. Though the art and tagline makes me think they're trying for a dramatic romance instead of a comedy like Nozaki-kun.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Dogakobo generally make visually appealing series so I'll watch this and since the main staff is the same as Nozaki-kun, it will turn out to be at least decent. I hope this is going to be a romantic comedy and the studio itself is amazing at that. Their attempt on Plastic Memories however turned out to be disappointingly futile at best and I blame the producers (moreso than the writer himself) for not living up to expectations and are misunderstanding the studio's prior track record.
lebrel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:38 pm Reply with quote
This looks cute, but something about the promo images makes me think we could also see it ending up really bland storywise...

Kadmos1 wrote:
We can certainly expect follow up articles on a story synopsis and basic character descriptions between now and 12/31. However, how different would it be if this article already had a story synopsis, basic character descriptions (with the seiyuu playing them), and have a simulcast that isn't on Anime Strike or Netflix? That is, besides more info being given.

Since it's an anime-original production, the story synopsis and character description will have to wait until the studio releases that information. The seiyuu probably haven't even been cast yet. The streaming partner, if any, probably won't be decided until a few weeks before the first episode airs. Would you rather have ANN just sit on this announcement for 4-6 months until the information you want is available?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Doga Kobo's original anime series can be a hit or miss imo.

Still, that key visual and staff has my interest so far. I'm guessing this is going to be a shoujo or a rom-com.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I only saw "Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun" and thought it was getting a second season.

Well, this'll have to do.
sirdano1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:00 pm Reply with quote
This is probably gonna end as terribly as Nozaki-kun did. I'm still mad.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:49 pm Reply with quote
I've actually always wanted more romance and development in Nozaki-kun, so I'm very much looking forward to this!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:57 am Reply with quote
@lebrel (though someone else can respond): I know that ANN articles are often summaries or translations of their news sources. My point is how would have been different if the news source had a brief story synopsis, a brief character description, and any simulcast news?

The above has somewhat happened: There was a 7/2 article called "Kadokawa Announces Girls' Last Tour Anime & Original Anime Project (Updated)". That original project is called "A Place Further Than the Universe". The next day, there's the announcement of "Crunchyroll to Stream The Rising of the Shield Hero, A place further than the Universe Anime".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1