Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:15 pm Reply with quote
JayHairston wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I3LmbagYoA&t=2s

For those who didn't know:

We were only going to be able to bring you 6 episodes of dubs that air the same day as the subs, but studio BONES in Japan and our team at Funimation kept up the pace for a whopping 14 episodes!

The fan response was so great we plan to do more same-day dubs in the future. But for now, episode 27 was our last same-day scheduled for Season Two of My Hero Academia, and we will be returning to our usual dub schedule of airing two weeks after Japan. Stay tuned for the episode 28 SimulDub™ airing tomorrow July 29th, only on FunimationNow!

Wow, that's a damn impressive effort. Keep up the good work.
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 19 (Episode 32)

Tsuyu is still one of my favourite characters in the show, so I quite enjoyed her taking up so much of this episode. That we saw her internship with Selkie, actually, she seems to be a rare person who actually finds him cute when he tries to act as such, and with her name Froppy I wonder.

By the octopus guy being called Mr Insmouth, it seems to be a pretty clear Lovecraft reference. Although because I have been into Splatoon (2) recently, him and his squid underlings instead had me thinking of the Nintendo game, he even shot out ink which had me say "splat!".
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, I finished the second season today.

That was a great season even with the addition of that one original anime episode.

Very faithful to the manga and sets up for the next season with AFO tease and League of Villians. I like Toga and Dabi's voice acting so far as well. Deku's encounter with Shigaraki was also a highlight as we see how twisted he can be. Not to mention, we got to see him in civilian clothes.

Uraraka is now more conscious about Deku, something that I found to be amusing.

Rating as excellent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 38 (season 2 finale)

They say that the best villains are ones you can maybe get a glimmer of what makes them tic, what makes them want to destroy what is good. And by hints in this episode I think we started to get a glimpse at what does this to Tomura, that he hates how everyone can just act like everything is okay and fine, when really it a false narrative to a world where things can just go bad. The hands he has clasping on him seem to be connected to some past event, that by the story may imply that All Might made a mistake and was unable to save him or someone else. He sees the symbols as a falsehood rather than a genuine attempt to try and spread that ideology.

Anyway. The second season of My Hero Academia has been far better than the first season. There has been more time to really touch on the varied characters, with some really good characterisation and growth. To pick a best episode of this season or something, I am going for the Ochako fight, where she showed a determined spirit, that showed her more than some girl. But far from an outlier, where the Deku and Todorki was also amazing. There was much character growth to be had.

I only rated the first season as Good, but I am giving second season an Excellent (9/10), where amongst other things it feels like it overcame weaknesses of its genre, and did not feel like it was trying to fill in time, or undercut its characters. Yet as a small aside, I think that it can do even better, and have hopes that it will.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6