• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kamen Rider Build & Ex-Aid Crossover Film's Trailer Previews 6 Kamen Riders

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CycloneJoker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Heck yeah, my boy Fourze is making a return! Can't wait to see the contrived premise that'll get everyone besides Ex-Aid and Build involved.

On a serious note though, it's nice to see that the non-suit actors are all making a return. My biggest disappointment with the otherwise enjoyable Ex-Aid X Ghost movie was the fact that Gaim/Kouta was in suit the whole time and just had reused lines from his own show. Not to mention the fact that he was even more tacked on than Wizard in terms of the plot.
KML777

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Only 6? Normally they'd try to cram in at least a dozen in this type of movie.
CycloneJoker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quote
W, Wizard and Drive do seem like oddly specific ones to leave out. Either this is a Civil War situation and they're being left out of trailers for whatever reason, or they either just couldn't fit them into the story or couldn't get the actors to reprise their roles, which is unfortunate. I quite like Drive's actor and I think he's now had the most movie appearances of any Neo-Heisei Rider, or, at least of the 2nd half of them.

W in particular is an odd one to leave out. I can only assume this movie is meant to be a commemoration of the Neo-Heisei period, as Build is the last Heisei Rider, and W is not only visually similar to him, but also the first post-Decade Rider.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:31 pm Reply with quote
CycloneJoker wrote:
W, Wizard and Drive do seem like oddly specific ones to leave out. Either this is a Civil War situation and they're being left out of trailers for whatever reason, or they either just couldn't fit them into the story or couldn't get the actors to reprise their roles, which is unfortunate. I quite like Drive's actor and I think he's now had the most movie appearances of any Neo-Heisei Rider, or, at least of the 2nd half of them.

W in particular is an odd one to leave out. I can only assume this movie is meant to be a commemoration of the Neo-Heisei period, as Build is the last Heisei Rider, and W is not only visually similar to him, but also the first post-Decade Rider.

I think we will have more surprise they don't show us everything
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Rather than a celebration of the so-called "Neo-Heisei Era", this movie is a celebration of the entire Heisei era of Kamen Rider since Build may be the last series to air within it (depending on whether or not Emperor Akihito abdicates the throne to his son Naruhito).

The actor issue is more that it's harder to get the original Heisei-era Riders back because most of them have moved on to other things and apparently Toei isn't willing to pay for more than four or five returning actors in any given movie (with rare exceptions like Kamen Rider Wars).

But who knows. The stars of Wizard, Drive, and Double have proven to be really cool about returning for cameos, and the vast majority of the 2000s-era Rider stars have been coming back for video games and voiceover roles. Maybe if Toei opens up their wallet a bit more we could get a truly jaw-dropping spectacle of a movie.
cloudthe23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:22 am Reply with quote
Oh c'mon, this movie shoul've include W or replace Ghost with W, they missed out on an opportunity to make a joke about W and Build being almost the same.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1