• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blak3 Nikos - reviews (spoiler warning)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:13 am Reply with quote
Originally posted August 1, 2017

Got a question for you, the reader. Let's say there was an anime about a woman, who is a professional of Osteology, has a very big fondness and love for dead skeletons, has a house full of dead animal skeletons, and is a huge fan of rock. Would you believe that this anime existed? If you said yes, then congratulations. Your the biggest Weeb in the entire anime community.

By the way the anime that I was referring to is called Beautiful Bones aka today's review.

"Sakurako Kujō is a genius beauty in her mid-twenties whose life is centered around one thing and one thing only: bones. With little tolerance for others, she would be completely isolated in her study full of skeletons if it weren’t for high school boy Shotaro—her new assistant and constant companion. Why exactly she has taken a shine to him remains a mystery, but one thing is clear: Whenever the two go out together, the chances are high that they will come across a human corpse." (Info by wiki)

During the time when I was watching this show I went through 3 different feelings. After watching the first episode I was a bit wierded out. I had a feeling that this show was not going to be any good, but later on after watching a couple of more episodes the show started to tone down it's weirdness and I was starting to like this show (I thought it was alright.) But then the final episode came along and after watching it I was left feeling pretty disappointed. But before I can explain why and give the rest of the downsides that this show has. Allow me to show the positives 1st.

Some of the positives that this show ha would have to be it's storyline (It was alright, until the final episode came along), the characters (To be brutally honest with you the only person I liked from this anime was Sakurako. I will explain why later.), the artwork (It looked pretty good, it kind of looks like Shimoneta's artwork, but tone down in order make it look normal.), and the ending theme (To which I will admit sounds pretty).

The reason why I love Sakurako is mainly because of how much of fascinating person she is. She can figure out if something is wrong or suspicious with any living or dead body, when she finds any type of bone she can figure out where it comes from, if she ever finds a human skeleton she can tell if it's male or female, how old they were, what type of stuff is in them, when they died, and she's really good at deducing the cause of death of any dead skeleton or corpse. Also the way how she explains how they died does make logical sense and is pretty intriguing (I'm only complimenting how she figures this stuff out, don't get the wrong idea).

I'm shocked the police has never thought about hiring her. Considering the fact that she helped them with 3 murder cases before. Even though Beautiful Bones version of cops are useful, their still not that smart. How sad and pathetic.

The downsides:

1. Before Sakurako begins her investigation on either a dead body or skeleton. The anime would always show this specific scene where there are colorful animal skeletons walking past Sakurako. I understand that this is a show about dead bodies or skeletons, but I find this specific scene to be very annoying and completely unnecessary. Even though you only see this specific scene in episode 1, 2, 3, and 5, it's still a nuisance to deal with.

2. If Sakurako dislikes interpersonal relationships, then why does she have a caretaker, a dog, is friends with Shotaro, and a fiancé ? Speaking of her fiancé.

3. You never get to see the guy. Which means the only way you can see him is if you read the manga. Greeeeeat.

4. Instead of just continuing the storyline, the creator or writer of this show decided to make episode 6 a filler episode. Look if your going to have a filler episode for your show you would have to A. Make sure it last for 20 or more episodes or B. Have it be a ongoing series. Beautiful Bones is neither of those 2. It only has about 12 episodes. Putting a filler episode in a anime that has 12 or shorter episodes will not work and is never needed.

5. (Episode 12) Instead of just showing Sakurako and Hanabusa (main antagonist) squaring off with each other. The anime decides to show a flashback of how Sakurako and Shotaro meet and then later goes back to the present showing the 2 getting back together and then the credits start to role. But if you think the creator of this anime was done screwing with you, then think again. Because after the credits the anime shows Hanabusa for a few seconds and then ends the anime. By the way this show never announce if there was going to be another season. An so far there has been no news of this show getting a 2nd season. Which means if you want to find out what happens next..... your going to have to (probably) read the light novel.

In conclusion even though this anime had an alright storyline, a great character, great artwork, and a good end theme. It's still not enough to make up for the downsides that it sadly has. Originally I was going to give this a 7/10, but thanks to that to that bad ending. Beautiful Bones final grade will be a 6.5/10. If your still curious on checking this show out, then be my guest. Let me know what you guys think about this in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:38 am Reply with quote
Originally posted August 8, 2017

Well ladies and gentlemen summer is almost over, so you know what that means? It means it's almost time for every kid, teen, and adult to go back to school. So I'm going to need to review an anime that has something to do with school life. (Note: I don't know if I'm going to make this an annual thing, so don't bet on it, yet.) Hopefully today's review will help me out with that.

"During the spring of her second year of high school, Naho receives a letter. Its sender is herself from ten years in the future. Naho thinks it's a prank at first, but when the things written in the letter start to come true one by one, she realizes that the letter is telling her events that will happen in her future. It tells her that she'll fall in love with Kakeru, a new student who transfers to her school, and that he'll die in the winter of his 17th year. After learning the regrets and wishes of the 26-year-old Naho following Kakeru's death, what can the 16-year-old Naho do differently?" (Info by Crunchyroll)

Orange is truly one of the best and fantastic slice of life/romance anime I have ever seen in awhile. The last time I saw something this great was back in 2015 when I reviewed/watched Nana. I never would have thought that there could be another slice of life/ romance anime that would be on par with it, but Orange has proved me wrong and I'm so glad it did.

(Spoilers)

One of things that I found interesting from this anime would have to be episode 4. Now there are 2 reasons why I felt this way. One would have to be Naho's teacher's lesson on time travel and parallel worlds. I found the lesson to be very intriguing and sort of scientific (guess you can learn some things from anime after all.) The 2nd reason was that he's lesson was basically telling the main character and the audience who is watching Orange. That it doesn't matter if 16 year old Naho follows her 26 year old self's instructions on how to save 16 year old Kakeru. Her 26 year old self's future will not change.

The main reason why is because thanks to her changing some stuff that shouldn't have happen in the past, she has created a parallel world where Kakeru didn't die. An as long she and her friends live in that world, she cannot help nor undue the regrets her 26 year old self and her friends currently has in their world. It's sad, but it's the true.

Another thing that I liked from this show would have to be Naho and her friends. Whenever their seen together I can't help but to feel like I'm a part of the group. What I mean is whenever they felt happy, so did I. Whenever they felt sad about something, I would feel the same thing. Whenever they do something silly and their laughing about it, I think you get the point. It's pretty rare to see a group of characters have a deep and genuine connection with it's audience, I really wish I can see more of that in anime today.

Another reason why I love this group is that they show one of the most important reasons why it's good to have true friends and that would be being their for someone who is going through something or has a lot of regrets. With true friends by your side they can try their best to help you out with whatever problems your going through or help you forget that it ever happen. An if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, that's what their there for.

Other reasons why I like this show would have to be it's storyline (It was very interesting to watch), the opening (the song was not bad, but I was mostly interested in the opening's scenes), and the artwork (It was definitely very well drawn, especially the background. I thought the background artwork looked very beautiful and natural looking.)

My main favorite characters would have to be Naho and Kakeru.

The main reason why I like Naho is because she's very cute, kind, sweet, and is determine to do everything in her power to prevent Kakeru from dying (Doesn't that sound familiar?) But I mostly like how relatable she is. You see there are times when she doesn't feel confident in her abilities to help her 26 year old self and Kakeru. Sometimes she feels like she needs her friends help or strength to conquer this goal. An as always they do.

The reason why I like Kakeru is because he too is relatable character. The stuff that he goes through or feels does connect to how some other people feel in real life. An you can't help, but to feel sorry for this dude and hope that he doesn't kill himself or get hurt. An you also hope that he has a good future instead of a terrible one.

In conclusion Orange is no doubt one of the best and fantastic slice of life/ romance anime's I have ever seen in awhile. I really do love this show, it's characters, it's artwork, it's explanation on how time travel and parallel worlds work, and it's lesson. I highly recommend you check this show out, it is definitely worth the watch. Whether your new or experience with anime or if your going through the same things or feelings as what Kakeru went through in the show. I'm giving this anime a 10/10, let me know what you guys think in comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I think you should add titles and images to each post as to make it more clear what you are talking about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 am Reply with quote
I'll think about it
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:47 am Reply with quote
Originally posted August 17, 2017

2017 hasn't exactly been a great year for us as of lately. The Democrats and the Republicans are still arguing. The Emoji Movie and 9/11 ( the 2017 movie that has little to do with 9/11 itself) actually exist. An the Black Knight/Britannia War is still going on to this very day. What a time to be alive.

"The year is 2017 of the Imperial calendar and parts of the world are under the control of the Holy Britannian Empire. Lelouch Lamperouge, an exiled Britannian prince, encounters a strange girl known as C.C., who gifts him with a great and terrible power. The Geass. With this powerful ability, Lelouch can get anyone to do as he wills. But the power of Geass: is it a blessing…or a curse?" (Info by Crunchyroll)

You know for an anime that takes place this year, labels mecha robots as Knightmare Frame, and has a guy who has the power to control people's mind with just the power of his eye. This show so far is getting pretty good.

One of things that has intrigued and has also made me feel bad was it's intake of an alternative world where Britain is this evil superpower nation that has taken over and labeled some countries on Earth as an area, including Japan. Speaking of Japan there are 3 different types of groups that express how they feel about Britannia itself. The first half just follows the rules and just takes whatever abuse the Brits give to them while living in fear. The 2nd half refuse to obey them and decided to rebel against and try to gain their freedom and independence back.

An the last half and this is the dark part. Are getting so sick tired of the abuse, fear, and rules of the Brits. That they decided to use their money to buy this illegal drug called Refrain (It helps the user remember pleasant memories). But just like any other bad drug this one has some negative effects. (Bonus note: 1. It can be use as a truth serum and 2. "Once the drug wears off, the user is left unable to speak for some time and finally becoming an invalid." (Info by wiki) ) An you want to know who made this illegal drug? If you said the Brits, then you are correct.

Another thing that interest me was both stories of Suzaku and Lelouch (Mostly Lelouch). The reason why is because both guys have a common goal (end Britannia's evil reign), but has different ways of executing it. Suzaku wants to end the reign with love and peace and hopes that the Brits can get along with everyone around the world. Lelouch however wants to end it with violence and bloodshed. Giving Japan their own independence while getting revenge on the person who killed his and his little sister Nunnally's mother. If this your first time watching this show, then I highly recommend you keep an eye on both of these characters. I have feeling something interesting is going to unfold between these 2.

Another thing that interested me would be the arc between Lelouch and Cornelia. Battle Strategist vs. Battle Strategist, Clever Man vs. Clever Woman, Cousin vs. Cousin, and sort of good vs. sort of evil (allow to me elaborate). The sort of good is referring to Lelouch. Even though it was nice of him to help Japan get their freedom back. He's still using or killing people while doing it. An yes I understand Lelouch has gone through a lot and he wants his dream to be realized, but the way how he's executing it doesn't seem like something a good guy would do. That's why I label him as the sort of good.

The reason why I label Cornelia as the sort of evil is because even though she might seem like a cruel and cold person, deep down inside (and she does show it believe it or not) she has a good heart. She cares about her soldiers and her family (including Lelouch and Nunnally), but mostly her little sister Euphemia. An she would do everything in her power to protect and keep her safe (Hey, that's the same feeling that Lelouch has for his little sister.) So when you think about it Lelouch and Cornelia are the only siblings in the Britiannia Family that can sort of understand each other. Hence why I like these 2.

Last few things that I liked about this show would have to be it's storyline (It was really good), the characters (some of them were pretty good and interesting to watch. The rest were alright.), the artwork (was well made), and the music score (fit perfectly for this show. My favorite would have to be "Stories". If you want to know why then please go look it up on YouTube.)

Now as much as I love Code Geass's 1st season and cannot wait to watch the 2nd. This show (believe or not) has a bunch of flaws. But since I have written so much in this review I have decided to only show the important ones that I didn't like (which is 6.) So here we go.

1. In episode 1 one of the terrorist saw that he was surrounded by the Britiannian army. Instead of getting killed by them, he decided to blow his vehicle up (Lelouch and C.C. were right behind the vehicle by the way). A few minutes later we see Lelouch and C.C. has survived the explosion with no scratches or scars at all. How in the world did they survive?

2. In episode 2 we see Suzaku (Lelouch's old best friend) alive, but injured on a medical unit. The question is how did they find him? The anime never explains.

3. How did Lelouch get to Prince Clovis's base that quickly? An before you say "Well maybe this happens a few minutes later." Well the editing didn't make me feel like it took him a few minutes. It mostly looked like it took him a few seconds. An before you also say "maybe he was nearby". He wasn't.

4. In Episode 5 instead of just going to the Britiannia Military and get capture like he wanted to. Suzaku decides out of nowhere to go into hiding instead.

5. Some of the episodes in this season had some bad editing. A prime example would be this one part in episode 1. Nina (the president of the student council) playful mocks Shirley's feelings about Lelouch. Before Shirley could assure Nina that she doesn't feel that way about him the anime stops her from talking by immediately cutting to another scene.

6. Product plugging. Pizza Hut. Nuff said.

In conclusion even though I had a lot of problems with Code Geass's 1st season that's not going to stop me from loving and continuing watching this show. I still love the storylines, the characters, the music score, and Lelouch and Suzaku's story. Hopefully when I watch season 2 there will be less bad and more good things to look forward too. With that said I'm giving Code Geass 1st season a 7.9/10. Let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:29 am Reply with quote
Originally posted August 24, 2017

Previously on Game of Thrones.... I mean previously on my latest Code Geass Review (Which is Season 1). I've have discussed my opinions of the show's intake of an alternative Earth. I've talked a little bit about Lelouch and Suzaku's story. I have also given my opinion about the Cornelia Vs. Lelouch's Arc and many of the other good and bad things about that season. But what about season 2? Is it any good? Was it better than season 1? Let's find out shall we?

"One year has passed since the Black Rebellion, a failed uprising against the Holy Britannian Empire led by the masked vigilante Zero, who is now missing. At a loss without their revolutionary leader, Area 11's resistance group—the Black Knights—find themselves too powerless to combat the brutality inflicted upon the Elevens by Britannia, which has increased significantly in order to crush any hope of a future revolt.

Lelouch Lamperouge, having lost all memory of his double life, is living peacefully alongside his friends as a high school student at Ashford Academy. His former partner C.C., unable to accept this turn of events, takes it upon herself to remind him of his past purpose, hoping that the mastermind Zero will rise once again to finish what he started." (Info by My Anime List)

Just when you thought Code Geass couldn't get any better. Season 2 steps up and shine it's brilliance with an interesting storyline. Some shocking twists. An I satisfying ending.

One of things that I liked about this anime was it's intake on war itself. The show's writers and director did an excellent job of showing the negative effects it has around people who are apart of the war and those who aren't. When people watch this it will get them to ponder "Is war even a good thing?" and "Is it even necessary?" Not a lot of anime's talk about this subject, but I'm glad shows like this and Texhnolyze do.

Another thing that I like about this show would have to be episode 8. Where Zero (aka Lelouch) tricks the higher ups of Britannia to relinquish 1 million of the Japanese population. If you want to know how he did it your going to have to watch the episode yourself in order to find out how.

The last thing that I liked about this show was Lelouch's revenge story. It's good that Lelouch wants to take down his father and everything that he has built, but the way that he's doing it has led some heavy consequences for himself and others. The way that I'm referring to of course would have to be revenge. Ever since he went down that path he has only ever saw his army and allies as pawns for his plans and he has hurt a lot of people who cared and loved him. Even those who don't know him.

Even though these actions of his has effect him sometimes and he says that he regrets committing them. I feel like he doesn't. An the main reason why I say that is because this still doesn't stop him from accomplishing his goal. So in conclusion (not really the end of the review) Lelouch has become the one thing he has hated and despise..... Charles Zi Britannia (his father). An before you ask "does he ever redeem himself?" I cannot say, your going to have to find that out for yourself.

Before I end this review their are some flaws that I have to point out. The good news is that it's less then what Season 1 has. The bad news is that they exist. (Warning number 2 contains a sort of spoiler from episode 15. So if you want to avoid it then just look at 1 and 3 or skip this part and head towards the conclusion area.)

1. Some of the episodes in this season have been rehashing some stuff that has already been done in season 1. Prime example would be in the near end of episode 1. Before C.C. heals herself from the bullet wound she received, she gives Lelouch his Geass back. An the 1st thing that Lelouch does is command a bunch of random Britannia Soldiers to kill themselves.

2. In episode 15 you see both Ohgi and Vitella falling down to an ocean floor that has some pointy rocks in them. But in the next episode you see that both of them survived . My question is how did they both survive that fall? The anime never explains.

3. Product plugging Pizza Hut. Again.

In conclusion season 2 has really outdone itself. It has done an excellent job discussing the negative effects of war. It's storyline was very interesting to watch. An Lelouch's story was pretty intriguing to follow. I'm very glad I got the opportunity to watch this season as a whole and I defiantly recommend you go check this out. With that said I'm this season an 8.7/10. Let me know what you think in the comments.

By the way I can't give this show a final grade yet. An the main reason why is because for some particular reason there's a season 3. I don't even know why their making a 3rd season or what it fully contains. The only thing I do know is that it takes place after season 2. So until season 3 comes out, the final grade will be put on hiatus.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Originally posted July 28, 2016

Question to the reader, when you think of the name Seven Deadly Sins in a anime what do you think of? If your guesses are the anime itself and the homunculus from Fullmetal Alchemist, then you would be right on the money. But here's the thing I'm not going to be talking about both, just the anime that came out in 2014. Now that we cleared that up here is my review of The Seven Deadly Sins Season 1.

"The Seven Deadly Sins were once an active group of knights in the region of Britannia (ブリタニア, Buritania), who disbanded after they supposedly plotted to overthrow the Liones Kingdom (リオネス王国, Rionesu Ōkoku). Their supposed defeat came at the hands of the Holy Knights, but rumors continued to persist that they were still alive. Ten years later, the Holy Knights staged a coup d'état and captured the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. The third princess, Elizabeth, then starts out on a journey to find the Seven Deadly Sins and enlist their help in taking back the kingdom." (Info by wiki)

I have to say the anime does a great job of showing a fictional Middle Age story. People who are fans of these types as well as Giants, Demons, Fairies, and Goddesses will probably be please and will grow attach to this somewhat intriguing anime. There are more good aspects I can also say about the show as well.

Another would be that the storyline for this season was alright. Some of the characters in this show were pretty fascinating to watch, but not all were that interesting. The artwork is somewhat both a little bit strange and interesting at the same time. An lastly the music that the show provided fit perfectly for each scene, including the battle ones.

Even though this show may look awesome it still has some down sides that I really must point out.

1. During the beginning of Season 1 Diana, Meliodas, and Ban were acting pretty arrogant during their battles with the Holy Knights. I'm not trying to sound like I'm jealous or anything it's just that I really hate it when heroes act like that sometimes. If they can defeat an enemy or get out of their traps anytime they wanted, then they should just do it with out acting all cocky. Even though they stop acting like that for the rest of the episodes, I'm still going to count this as a downside.

2. Hawk's mysterious resurrection (Spoilers). In the finale episode it is revealed that Hawk has been resurrected as a small version of himself and has only retained some of his memories. But here's the thing, Elizabeth (Who is revealed to have healing powers.) can't resurrect the dead, so how did Hawk come back to life? The anime literally decides not to give an explanation to how he came back to life. The creator of the book series and the creator of the anime has actually went to the Disney route. Which is a place that no non Disney writer should ever go to.

In conclusion this anime may have some downs, but it's still a pretty good show with interesting characters, plot, artwork, and music. People who are fans of knights, magic, and fictional beings will probably enjoy this anime and grow fond to it. I'm giving this season an 8/10, let me know what you think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:39 am Reply with quote
Originally posted September 14, 2017

Today's anime revamp review is going to be special. Because not only is this one of Gainax's greatest hits and one of the most legendary anime that has ever been unleashed into the land of the rising sun. But it's also celebrating it's 10th anniversary. I'm really grateful I got the opportunity to remake this review into a better version. So without further ado let's move on to Anime Revamp Review 4#. The one. The only. Gurren Lagann.

"Simon and Kamina were born and raised in a deep, underground village, hidden from the fabled surface. Kamina is a free-spirited loose cannon bent on making a name for himself, while Simon is a timid young boy with no real aspirations. One day while excavating the earth, Simon stumbles upon a mysterious object that turns out to be the ignition key to an ancient artifact of war, which the duo dubs Lagann. Using their new weapon, Simon and Kamina fend off a surprise attack from the surface with the help of Yoko Littner, a hot-blooded redhead wielding a massive gun who wanders the world above.

In the aftermath of the battle, the sky is now in plain view, prompting Simon and Kamina to set off on a journey alongside Yoko to explore the wastelands of the surface. Soon, they join the fight against the "Beastmen," humanoid creatures that terrorize the remnants of humanity in powerful robots called "Gunmen." Although they face some challenges and setbacks, the trio bravely fights these new enemies alongside other survivors to reclaim the surface, while slowly unraveling a galaxy-sized mystery." (Info by My Anime List)

Gurren Lagann is one weird and stupid, but at the same time beautiful and amazing joyride with lots of twist. An excellent storyline. Great/fantastic memorable characters. An a great music score.

One of things that I love about this show would have to be Simon's Major influencers. Every notable anime hero has someone in their lives that help influence them to become the great hero that they are in the future. Goku has Grandpa Gohan and Master Roshi. Naruto has Iruka Umino and Master Jiraiya. Izuku has All Might. An Simon has Kamina and Nia.

(A spoiler on this part)

Kamina may seem like a perverted idiot who doesn't know much, but he does have a good heart and fighting spirit. Thanks to him Simon was able to learn some of the important things about being a hero, which is having confidence and determination, make the impossible possible, believing in the power of teamwork, and believe in yourself. (And no the anime doesn't shove these things down your throat. They actually portray these things the right way.) Yes sir, Kamina was definitely like a good brother to Simon. But just like some good relationships, tragedy always intervenes. At the end of episode 8 Kamina is killed off.

An their is a reason why he was axed off from future episodes. You see the director of GL wanted his audience to follow Simon's journey. If Kamina was still alive after episode 8 the anime would be focusing on his journey. An if that happens then Simon wouldn't be able to have good character development and become the hero he was destined to be. He would still be acting like the same old Simon that we knew in episode 1-7. An I bet the director hated the fact that he had to kill off such a good character like Kamina, but if he wanted his true intentions to come to fruition then he has to kill him off, even if it hurts him or the fans.

Through out episode 9-11 (Not making 9/11 joke) Simon is feeling frustrated and furious. He lost someone who has been a big impact on his life. He feels like in order to feel better and to become a great hero he has to be exactly like him, but in reality that's not the case. Simon needs someone to not only remind him of the lessons his bro has taught him, but to show him that he (and Yoko as well) should stop living in the past and keep moving forward. An that he shouldn't be like Kamina, instead he should just be himself (and also keep Kamina in his heart). The only person that can do that job is Nia.

Another thing that I love about this show would have to be the fact that every major character, even the minor ones play an important role in this story. It's pretty rare to see an anime do these type of things. Most of the time it's just the main character or characters that are seen as the important ones. An I know I keep saying these type of things lately in my reviews, but it's the truth. And I'm not a shame of pointing them out.

My favorite character in this anime of course is Simon. I have definitely enjoyed following his amazing journey from being a spineless coward to a brave and cool hero. No matter how hard the situation is, he always has his influencers, friends, confidence, and determination to help him win the fight. He is most certainly one of the greatest anime heroes that I have ever seen, respect, and love.

Sadly (and in the words of Wade Barrett) I'm afraid I got some bad news. This anime has 4 flaws. An as much as I really love this show, I cannot ignore the downsides that it contains. So here we freakin go.

1. In episode 2 Simon finally figured out that the gunman where the ones responsible for the earthquakes his village has been going through. Even though clearly that's already been establish back in episode 1, when one of the them fell down to his village.

2. In episode 6 Kamina decides to reflect back to episode 1,3, and 4. My main problem with this is that the flashback takes some of the episode's time. There's nothing wrong with a character reflecting back to what happen previously, but it should be held down to a minimum instead of a few or more minutes of the show's run time.

3. In episode 7 we find out that Dayakka, Kittan, and the rest of the new members of Team Dai-Gurren has their own Gunman. The question is how where they able to get one themselves? The anime never explains.

4. Through out episode 1-12 the show's pace feels kind of fast. It plays ok, but each scene feels rushed.

In conclusion Gurren Lagann to me feels like an excellent masterpiece. It's one of those shows that knows it's stupid and weird, but turns them to something enjoyable and entertaining for the audience to fall in love with. It's also one of those show's that should probably be seen by people who have never seen an anime before, I think they'll have a good time with this. I'm giving this anime a 9.9/10, even though this show had 4 flaws. I still love it and it has made an great impact in my life. Let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Bonus note: By the way this show is actually 26 episodes long. Episode 16 was just an episode for the people who need to catch up on episode 1-15.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:28 am Reply with quote
Originally posted September 19, 2017

Question for the reader. Have you ever watched an anime that has a character who goes through the same type of problem you've been in or still do? An you feel like you have a relatable connection or understanding with him or her (And no I don't mean falling in love.) Well that's the feeling that I've had when I watched The Tatami Galaxy.

"The story of The Tatami Galaxy follows an unnamed third year university student in Kyoto, Japan and what he views as his wasted time in a particular club (also called "circle") at his university. He meets Ozu, another student, whose encouragement sets him on a mission of dubious morality. He contemplates his affection for a second year engineering student, Akashi, and makes promises to her, usually of and within a romantic subtext. The culmination of his dubious missions often conflict with his interest in her in some way. The story is one of a number that draw on the author's experience in Kyoto University." (info by wiki)

The Tatami Galaxy is one odd, but intriguing anime that I'm really glad I checked out. Originally I was going to review Restaurant To Another World, but since I couldn't find out how long the show was going to last. I decided to review it another time.

(Note: The main protagonist in this show has no name. So for now on I shall just call him the protagonist.)

One of the interesting things that I liked about this anime would have to be the 2 major problems that the protagonist has to go through out each episode. One of them is him dealing with his sexual desires.

Through out episode 6-8, the protagonist goes through 3 situations that deals with him trying to control his sexual urges. In episode 6 he deals with a drunkard woman, in episode 7 he deals with a humanoid doll, and finally in episode 8 he deals with a catfish. The problem wasn't too bad in episode 6 since he did a good job in trying to control his Johnny (I'll explain later.) But it gets even worse when you move on to episode 7 and 8. I can't tell you what happens, but all I can say is that you'll feel embarrassed and maybe a bit sorry for him.

(Note: By the way (and I'm not kidding) there is a character who represents the main character's sexual frustration or libido (if you want a more lewd definition) and his name is Johnny. So whenever you see him in action, that is exactly how the main character truly feels.)

The other problem that the protagonist goes through (and this the main problem) is his overthinking problem. In each episode he's been making terrible decision after terrible decision, it has prevent him from realizing that Ozu has been a terrible "friend/influence" in his college life, he's unable to express how he truly feels toward people especially with Akashi (his main love interest), and it prevents him from solving the issue that he deals with in episode 10-11. I also can't tell you what happens in there either. That's something for you to see and figure out on your own.

An you know I can understand how the protagonist feels. Because I too (and I still do to this very day) have an overthinking problem. A prime example would be the times when I'm trying to think about what to say for a future review. It's pretty frustrating, annoying, and sort of tiresome to deal with. But eventually I'm able to conquer the problem temporarily. I wish I can fully overcome this terrible problem, but that will take a long time to destroy. For now it is something that I will have to deal with for awhile.

The final things that I like about this show would have to be the storyline (It was weird, but pretty interesting to follow). The characters (The only character that I mainly like was Akashi. Even though she can act super weird whenever a moth is near her, she still an alright and mature person.) An the artwork (Even though it had a very strange animation, it fit perfectly for everything that happen in this anime. Besides if it was very well animated then nobody wouldn't be able to fully understand how the main character feels or sees the world through his perspective.

In conclusion I really love Tatami Galaxy. It's an awesome anime that deals with college life, sexual desires, and the problems with overthinking. It also has a pretty interesting storyline, 2 alright characters, and a strange, but good animation. Really glad that Crunchyroll recommend this to me . This was something that I definitely needed to check out. With that said I'm giving this anime a 9/10, let me know what you guys think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Originally Posted September 22, 2017

Many people in the U.S. (including me) have been seeing some unbelievable stuff that we thought would never happen in 2017. Donald J. Trump became (and currently is) our 45th president. DC Comics actually made a good movie. Floyd Mayweather and Connor Mcgregor actually fought each other in a boxing ring. An lastly (so far) Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig teams up with Production I.G. and Studio Deen to create an anime called Neo Yokio starring Jaden Smith. Wow, just wow.

"Netflix's press release describes Neo Yokio as the greatest city in the world. The series revolves around Kaz Kaan (Jaden Smith), a wealthy "magistocrat" who lives with his Aunt Agatha (Susan Sarandon) and tries to live a normal life away distanced from his demon-slaying past." (Info by wiki)

Well after watching all 6 episodes (and yes, that's the actual total number) of this "anime" I can definitely confirm that Neo Yokio was an absolute waste of my time. An before I can elaborate on what made this show terrible let me address one thing. Even though Ezra is the main writer for this show (and yes I know this is his first time making an anime.) I am not going to solely blame him for this mess. That credit can also go to Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Director of Urusei Yatsura and Rurouni Kenshin), Junji Nishimura (Director of Ranma 1/2), and Ben Jones (Storyboard director of ADHD shorts and the director of The Problem Solverz.) Now that we got that out of the way let's address the downsides that this "anime" contains.

One of the problems that this show has would have to be the storyline. Aside from it being portrayed poorly it pretty much derails after episode 3. One minute Kaz is dealing with/fighting demons through out episode 1-3 and then the next couple of episodes (including the last) he's doing something completely different. Look it's ok for a character to do something different for once and awhile, but that should only happen unless your show last for no more than 20 episodes. An since this anime only has 6 episodes it should mostly follow the main plot and not have unnecessary fillers.

The second problem would have to be the animation. It's sort of alright, but at the most part it's pretty bad. Here's a few prime examples:

1. (Episode 2) after seeing Archangelo (Kaz's archrival) dancing with Sailor Pellegrino, Kaz gets pissed off and runs downstairs. But here's the thing; there's just nothing, but silence while his doing this. The music that was playing a few seconds ago stops and you can't even hear him run downstairs.

2. (Episode 4) In this one scene Jeffery (Kaz's cousin) is suppose to be mad because he can't own his father's house. But the animators forgot to make him look angry. Instead he just has this smug look on his face. It's pretty weird and doesn't match up to how he's actually feeling.

Also majority of the show's animation moves kind of slow. Every time when you see an action scene or just a character or creature running. It looks like their moving at a bit of a slow pace.

There are other problems that this show has aside from the animation and storyline:

1. (Episode 1) how was Kaz able to get back into Helena's house? The anime never explains nor show how he did it.

2. (Episode 4) Archangelo's voice actor paused when he was saying this following line "He's Formula 1 while your baby formula." Whoever edited the voice acting did a terrible job of leaving that in there instead of just fixing it.

3. Some of the voice acting was not that great. Alexa Chung (the person who voices Kathy (Kaz's ex) ) sounded like she was cracking on some parts of her line, the person who was voicing Motoko (some random Asian character who Lexy (One of Kaz's friends) falls in love with ) sounds like a black woman for some particular reason, and then there's Jaden's voice acting. He was sort of okay on some parts, but the rest of them sounded a bit off. A few of them where a bit squeaky and then there were a few that just sounded like he needed to redo.

4. In episode 5 for some odd reason we see Kaz and his mechabutler Charles on a boat ride back to Neo Yokio. But here's the thing 1. How did they find a boat and 2. How is Charles now fully charge?

5. Product plugging a real life candy bar.

In conclusion Neo Yokio is not a very good show. I was kind of hoping that Ezra and rest of the cast who help make this anime become a reality to prove my theory of this show actually being bad wrong, but sadly they didn't. This show could've been good if it just played it's cards right, make a better storyline that follows the plot, a better animation, more episodes, and some reshoots with the person who voiced Motoko, Alexa's, and Jaden's lines. I'm giving this anime 1.5/10 let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
Originally posted October 5, 2017

A few years ago 3 anime companies (MadHouse, Satelight, and Graphinica & Kelmadick) have decided to team up to create a different anime adaption of Kouta Hirano's most popular manga series, Hellsing. They didn't just want to create any ordinary adaption. They wanted to create adaption that was more faithful to the manga series and that will get praises from it's fanbase (or some anime fans that loves seeing violence and action.) But what was the anime adaption called? The answer dear readers is non other than Hellsing Ultimate.

That's right, I have come to fulfill the promise I made 5 months ago. But after watching all of it's episodes I have to ask myself these 3 questions. 1. Was it worth the watch? 2. Is it hype-worth? and 3. Is it better than the original Hellsing anime? Well let's find out. Here is my review of Hellsing Ultimate.

"Hellsing is named after and centered around the Royal Order of Protestant Knights originally led by Abraham Van Helsing. The mission of Hellsing is to search for and destroy the undead and other supernatural forces of evil that threaten the queen and the country. This organization is currently led by Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing, who inherited the leadership of Hellsing as a child after the death of her father. She witnessed his death which turned her from a once innocent and shy little girl to a tough and deadly force. She is protected by the faithful Hellsing family butler Walter C. Dornez, a deadly foe in his own right, and Alucard, the original and most powerful vampire that swore loyalty to the Hellsing family after being defeated by Van Helsing one hundred years before the story takes place. These formidable guardians are joined early on in the storyline by former police officer Seras Victoria, whom Alucard turned into a vampire.

As the scale and frequency of incidents involving the undead escalate in England and all around the world, Sir Integra discovers that the remnants of a Nazi group called Millennium still exist and are intent on reviving the Nazi Germany by creating a battalion of vampires. Millennium, Hellsing, and the Vatican section XIII Iscariot clash in an apocalyptic three-sided war in London, and Millennium reveals its true objective: to destroy the vampire lord Alucard, ending a feud begun during World War II." (Info by wiki)

And now to answer those 3 questions. 1. Most definitely, 2. In the words of Randy Savage "Oooooh Yeah", and 3. It is far superior than it's original adaption. I am not exaggerating when I say Hellsing Ultimate is the number 1 most fantastic, badass, ultra-violent, and sort of weird anime that I have ever seen in my entire life. The show is so good and so violent that it makes shows like Black Lagoon, Dragon Ball, or any other action anime that I have watched or have heard of look like child's play (Note: I still love them, but Ultimate pretty much tops them all.)

Before I can give you some of the reasons why I love this show, there is something I want to address real quick. Even though each episode's runtime last for about either 40-60 minutes. I can assure and 100% confirm to you that they are never boring. The show's creators made sure to always keep the audience entertain or interested whether their watching a normal and calm scene or an action and violent scene.

Now that I got that out of the away, I can now elaborate the positives that I found in Ultimate.

One of the things that I love about this anime would have to be all of the awesome action scenes that Alucard was in. Even though the other characters had some good action scenes as well. Alucard's was the one that impressed me the most. Whenever you watch these scenes you are always left with either a smile on your face or feeling satisfied with what you just witness. Their so bloody and gruesome that you wouldn't mind seeing it again a 2nd time or more.

Another thing that I love about this anime is that we get know a little bit more of who Alucard is and his past. This was one of things that the original adaptation has never shown or explored before, but I'm pretty glad that Ultimate did. I can't spoil what happens, but all I can say is that you will be left shocked and will see that Alucard is more than just a sadistic and ruthless killer.

The third thing that I love about this show is that Seras's journey in becoming a vampire is actually a lot more interesting than the original. Even though I appreciate the 2001 version taking it's time with showing Seras getting use to lifestyles of a vampire, it never happens until episode 12 (which is 1 episode away from the last episode). Plus she only did some interesting things in that series. But in Ultimate she has some control of her powers and is able to defend herself and fight a lot more than what she did in the original adaption. She was also sort of struggling to control/master her full vampire powers, while at the same time trying to get over a dark past.

The last few things would have to be the storyline (Although the last episode felt sort of impressive, weird, and nice. I still found it intriguing.) The characters (Most of them were pretty fascinating to watch, while the others were just insane.) An the music score (Although there was this one song from episode 5 I didn't like, most of the were very enjoyable to listen too. Every song that they played fit perfectly for each episode and it's credits. My favorite song from this anime would have to be episode 8's end credits theme. Look it up on YouTube and you'll see why.)

Bonus downside note: There is actually one downside that I didn't get in episode 10 because it made no sense. I can't say what it is because if I did I would be revealing a major spoiler.

In conclusion I really love Ultimate, it does everything better and superior than what the original did. It's storyline was intriguing, it's characters were pretty fascinating to watch and insane, and majority of it's music score were very interesting to listen too. If you love watching vampires, seeing gore porn, and gun porn then I highly recommend you go and check this show out. I'm giving this anime a 9.8/10 let me know what you guys think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 am Reply with quote
Original posted October 12, 2017

Well guys and gals, I believe it's time for me to make another Revamp Anime Review. Except this time I'm going to have to pick one that has a dark theme in it. Considering the month that were currently in is October. The anime that I'm reviewing is not only one of the most popular and legendary anime that has been released since 2006. But it has also been very popular (Not in a good way) around the news media and on Netflix. The show that I'm referring to is non other than Revamp Anime Review 5#: Death Note.

"Yagami Light is an ace student with great prospects, who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the "Death Note": a notebook from the realm of the Death Gods, with the power to kill people in any way he desires. With the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create his perfect world, without crime or criminals. However, when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer, and a battle of wits, deception and logic ensues..." (Info by Anime News Network)

Now many of already know the 1st reason as to why I have made this revamp review. But I have never told the 2nd reason. The other reason why I made this is because people like Adam Wingard doesn't understand or get why Death Note is so iconic or loved by the people who have watched and read the series. An I understand there've been many people who have given their own interpretation as to why that is. But that is not going to stop me from giving my own intake. So without further ado here is some the reason why I love/dislike (I will explain later) Death Note.

1. The Shinigamis. Through out the series I've learned a lot about Ryuk, Rem, and the rest of the Shinigamis that were seen in this series. Like who they are, the Shinigami world, and their connection to the Death Note. Some of the info that I have mostly obtained from them has been (and pardon the pun) interesting. An if your curious to see what they are, then by all means go check it out.

2. The rules and instructions of the Death Note. Through out each episode (excluding episode 25 and 26) the anime will display some of the rules/instructions of the notebook between transmissions. So that way the audience who watches this will understand how the Death Note fully works. Trust me, it's best that you pay attention to each of rules that the anime gives you (excluding episode 36 it just repeats what Ryuk tells Light in the 1st episode.)

3. Light and L's feud. Light and L's feud is one of the greatest battles in anime history. When you watch them fight, it's like looking at an interesting game of cat and mouse. Both can be a sore loser when they lose. Both are very determine to outwit each other no matter what gets in their way. An they let their intellect to do all the talking and fighting. It's a genius and good detective vs. an evil and self righteous genius. Only one will remain victorious over the other.

4. Light and Misa's relationship. The reason why I find their relationship so interesting is because they remind me of a familiar and popular crime couple (An if you guess Bonnie and Clyde, then your incorrect.) The couple that I'm talking about is Joker and Harley Quinn (Batman: The Animated Series version). Allow me to explain why. Light (Joker) merely pretends to fall in love with Misa (Harley) so that way he can use her as either an escape goat or use her to get or do something for him. As for Misa and Harley there are 2 things. 1. Both know that their being use, but still love their man anyway and 2. If they both put their mind to it they can definitely show some intelligence in that little head of theirs. (Bonus note: Both are mostly dumb blonde idiots who sometimes get their lovers angry whenever they do something wrong.)

5. We can understand were Light is coming from, but we know that what he is doing is wrong. The only reason why Light writes all of the criminals names in the notebook is because he wants to make the world a better place. An me and the majority of the people who watch this series can understand how he feels, because we too want to live in a peaceful world where there is no more evil and pain. But deep down inside we know what Light is doing is both illegal and wrong. 1. He is preventing real justice (where the police and judge are involved) from being brought down to the criminals (even the ones who do deserve the death sentence) 2. He has killed some innocent lives just so that he can reach his stupid goal. Lastly 3. He has dropped down even lower than the criminal's he has killed level.

6. God-Complex. The anime has done an exceptional job of showing what would happen if a person had the ability to judge if a human being should live or die and how far would they go. The 4 feelings that Light has developed through out the series can be very similar to how a person with a God-Complex would feel as well. 1. He feels like he should be the only deity that should cleans the Earth from evil. 2. He wants to be know to the people and praise for his actions. 3. He feels both unstoppable and untouchable. An lastly 4. He has let the power go straight to his head.

So remember earlier I said this ("here is some the reason why I love/dislike Death Note.") Allow me to elaborate why I said that. Ever since I went back and watched all the episodes that this anime has provided. I've been noticing some flaws. Flaws that will prevent from getting a 10/10 rating, but will not lead it to a terrible grade. So here. We. Go.

1. (Episode 5) according to one of the rules of the Death Note "The person in possession of the Death Note is possessed by a God of death, it's original owner, until they die." Light isn't possessed by Ryuk, he's doing all the killings by his own free will. Also in episode 3 Ryuk told Light that he's merely a specetator. If he was possessing Light, the audience who is watching this show would've already seen it happen.

2. (Episode 6) L was asked by Mastuda how he knew that Kira (Light) was working by himself. He never answers the question.

3. (Episode 27) How does Mello know about the Death Note? And how did he guess that there are 2?

4. (Episode 29) After Mello pushed the detonator, the building that he and the police force was in exploded. But for some unknown miraculous reason their all still alive, including Mello who mysteriously disappeared. My main question is how did they all survive that explosion?

5. (Episode 35 and 36) product plugging Mercedes Benz

6. (Episode 37) I can't tell you what happens. But all I can say is that there are 2 stupid things that happen in the almost near end of the episode.

In conclusion I really love Death Note. It's truly one of the best dark mystery anime's out there. I really hope that you or a friend enjoy this series as much as I did. An even though it has 6 problems, it is still not going to stop me from giving it an exceptional and good grade. With that said I'm giving this show a 9.4/10, let me know what you think about this show in the comments.

Bonus note: An if Adam happens to come across reading this review. Then I hope he learns something from it.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:32 am Reply with quote
Originally posted October, 17, 2017

So apparently Stan "The Man" Lee and Studio Deen have decided to join forces to create a 12 episode superhero anime called The Reflection. To brutally honest with you, this is not surprising. Considering the fact that were in the year 2017 (where some impossible things can become possible.) Plus Studio Deen has already teamed up with Ezra Koenig (another American celebrity) to create an anime of their own. An we all know how well that turn out.

But the 2 big question that I got to ask myself is this. Is it any good? An is it worth the watch? Let's find out.

"After THE REFLECTION, some of the people in all parts of the world are discovered with super powers. Some become heroes, and others villains. How did The Reflection happen? What was the cause of it? With many unsolved mysteries, the world is lead into turmoil." (Info by Crunchyroll)

Ok guys and gals I'm not going to sugarcoat this when I say; this show pretty much sucks. This has to be one of the worst superhero anime's I have ever seen in my entire life as an anime fan. If My Hero Academia and The Reflection were siblings. My Hero Academia would be the older and successful brother who's embarrassed to be around his younger, terrible, and pathetic little sibling. An no one would blame him.

Let me remind you all that this is the 2nd time Studio Deen has collaborated with an American celebrity. So that they can create an anime that will eventually receive a lot of negative feedback from most of the audiences who watched it. But here's the thing. Deen and Stan Lee weren't the only ones responsible for this travesty. There was another certain company that help this awful project become a reality. An that company's name is (surprisingly) Crunchyroll.

That's right, the same company that's brought you ever anime they can licensed in English sub. Is the same company that help co-produced the Reflection. An before I can elaborate the downside that this anime has. I have some questions for Crunchyroll. Why? Just why? Why did you do this? Did you think that this anime was going to be successful just because it was made by Stan Lee and Studio Deen? Do you think that people were going to give you some props and say "good job Crunchyroll. You know you should do more than just license anime, you should also co-produce them too." Well if you did thought that, then you are 100% wrong. Do yourself a favor and don't ever do that again, please.

Now I found a lot of things that I really dislike from this anime. But I will only put in the ones that are necessary to talk about, which is 13. I understand that this is long, but don't blame me. Blame the people who made, wrote, drew/animated, and produce this show.

1. The show's animation really sucks. It looks so laggy that the characters move in such an awkward pace. (This happens through out episode 1-5 and 12.)

2. There are times when the artwork can look pretty bad. Like this one scene in episode 4 when Ian (aka I-Guy) and his manager were outside of this fancy club talking to some of their associates. The characters design looks so bad, that I feel like the artists who were drawing that scene were being pretty lazy.

3. Some of the alias that these characters have sound so dumb, you would've thought I made them all up. Here are a few prime examples: X-On, I-Guy, Flaming Fury, and Steel Ruler.

4. (Episode 1) the theme song that the creators gave I-Guy is absolutely annoying and it sucks. It sounds like it belongs to a happy go lucky anime. Also it plays everywhere he goes (especially in a fight scene.) (Excluding episode 9-11.)

5. (Episode 1) After X-On finished beating up these 2 random bad guys. He and Eleanor start having this awkward staring contest that last for a about a few seconds. An then later X-On turns around and sees Flaming Fury standing there doing nothing, but staring at him instead of attacking him (This too last for about a few seconds). But then later a truck arrives next to X-On and Flaming Fury decides to escape underground. An instead of just following her, X-On just stays where he is, while watching her escape.

6. Some parts of Episode 2 should've been in episode 1. The reason why I say that because it shows you some of the parts that happen in Episode 1, but with more detail (including how the big fight that I-Guy and X-On got involved with started.)

7. (Episode 2 and 3) How is X-On able to get into Eleanor's room without her hearing or noticing him? Also why doesn't Eleanor ask X-On how is able to get into her room? Whenever she sees him appear she just treats this like this happens all the time.

8. (Episode 3) After Eleanor exits out of Lisa and her dad's house, her and X-On decided to hit the road. But then a few seconds later their back at Lisa's house (for some particular reason). An before you say "maybe one of them suggested to go back", they didn't.

9. (Episode 3) How is Lisa able to control her powers that quickly? Her powers just manifested for the 1st time and she's already use to controlling them? That makes no sense.

10. (Episode 5) Eleanor asks Michael (a blind reflected) how he knew this one woman he kidnapped was a reflected. But instead of giving her the answer, the anime decided to show me his backstory on how he became a reflected.

11. The relationship between Wraith (the main antagonist) and Eleanor is very confusing. The 1st thing you find out about them is that they're twins separated at birth (and for some unknown reason Wraith found out about this info when he was young.) An then in episode 12 (for some unknown reason again) Eleanor figures out that her twin brother is still dead and that Wraith is not him. An you never get to see who Wraith is because the show killed him off.

12. The anime does very poor job in getting me interested in 9th Wonder (A Japanese superhero team.) They only appear in some episodes, we don't know much about them except for the fact that their a superhero group, majority of the time when we do see them their doing nothing, but talking to each other, and finally the only time we ever get to see them fight is episode 12.

13. Product plugging random real life restaurants.

In conclusion this anime was terrible. It has so many flaws, a bad storyline, uninteresting characters, and an average but at the same time bad animation and drawing. This was also another 2017 Studio Deen anime that could've shown true potential and actual could've turn out well if it was made a lot better than it's original version. But sadly Deen, Stan, and the rest of the people who made this mess couldn't do that. So with that said I'm giving The Reflection a 0/10, let me know what you think in the comments.

Bonus note: By the way Neo Yokio is currently a 1.5/10. So congrats to Ezra and the rest, their actual a point higher than The Reflection.

Last edited by Blak3 Nikos on Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:30 am Reply with quote
Originally posted October 26, 2017

Huh, well this is new. For the very first time, I Blake Nikos shall be reviewing a Japanese TV-Y7 anime. Now normal and usual I don't review these types, because major of the ones I have watched or heard of weren't all that interesting me or worth giving props to. But who knows, maybe this weeks review will probably be the difference maker. Let's find out, here is my review of the Harry Potter of anime: Little Witch Academia.

"In a time when magic is on the decline amid society, Atsuko Kagari is a cheerful girl who enters Luna Nova Academy in order to accomplish her dream of becoming a witch like her idol, Shiny Chariot. Shiny is a famous witch who disappeared from public view many years ago. On her way to school, Kagari meets the kind Lotte Yanson and the mischevious Sucy Manbavaran and the three become friends as they share a bedroom in campus. At the academy, Atsuko soon discovers she is in serious disadvantage compared to the other girls since she doesn`t come from a magical family and is required to learn the magical curriculum from scratch. Having found an item that once belonged to Chariot, Atsuko must discover how to activate and properly use the mysterious Shiny Rod as she hopes it might lead to finding out what has truly happened to her vanished idol." (Info by Anime News Network)

I must admit this show was more than just good, it was actually pretty interesting. I really enjoyed watching the series from the beginning to it's end. But you wanna know what's actual baffling? The fact that Studio Trigger (The same company that owns Kill La Kill) and Yō Yoshinari (The guy that help animated Neon Genesis Evangalion, Gurren Lagann, Panty and Stocking, and Kill La Kill) actual made this show. I would've never thought I see the day when these 2 actual make a children's show. But I will say this, they did a great job of creating this anime (Props to them.)

One of things that Iiked about this show would have to be the journey Akko goes through. Some of the Journeys that she goes through can be described as admiring and inspiring or just plain whimsical. One example of it being admiring and inspiring would have to be this one part in episode 11. When Akko found a power that would allow her to be just like her idol. But it came with a cost, if she chosen this power her past memories would've been erased. Seeing how dangerous this cost was she decides to reject the power and decides to take the hard way of gaining the full extent of her powers.

One prime example of her journey being plain whimsical would be the time when she went inside Sucy's mind (episode 8). I can't tell you what happens when she's inside, but all I can confirmed is that you'll have a fun and enjoyable time watching this episode. Heck I bet the people who have or will watch this series will probably claim this as one of their favorites. An if that's so, then I couldn't blame them.

The other few reasons why I like this show would have to be the storyline (I liked how this show goes from being adventurous and fun to half adventures and sort of serious.) The characters ( Some of the characters were really enjoyable to watch, but there are two that manage to catch my eye the most (I'll talk about them later.) ) An the artwork (It was very well animated and drawn too.)

One of the characters that I love from this show would have to be Akko. Even though there are times when she can be seen as an idiot or clueless. I still admire the fact that she works hard, has a pure heart, and is very determine to reach her goal. Plus she's very cute.

Another character that I love from this series would have to be Sucy. The main reason why is because she's herself. She doesn't care if others find her weird, creepy, or disgusting. She just does her own thing and is proud of it. That's something I really respect and give props to. Wish I could do the same thing when I'm outside.

In conclusion Little Witch Academia is a pretty interesting show that has a great storyline, characters, artwork, and life lessons. Even though some of it's life lessons can be seen as pretty cheesy at times. The anime's positives make them sort of tamable to look at/listen to. With that being said, I'm giving this show a 9.9/10. Let me know what you think in the comments.
Blak3 Nikos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:19 am Reply with quote
Originally posted October 31, 2017

Well my dear readers Halloween Day has finally arrived. The same day where you can scare the crap out of the people you know or care about without looking to much like a jerk. Or you can go to that party that your friend is planning to throw today. Or if your younger you can dress up like your favorite fictional character, go to a stranger's house, and ask for candy. To which I still question why that is even a thing to this very day.

But that is not the topic I wanted to mainly discuss. No, today I'm going to be reviewing anime that has something to do with Dracula himself. And I know what many of you are going to tell me "But Blake, you've already review Hellsing, both versions in fact." If that was what you were actual thinking about then congratulations my friend you are 100% incorrect. The anime that I'm reviewing has not only been released this year on Netflix, but it's also based off of an old popular game franchise that is currently still own by Konami themselves. That's right the anime that I'm reviewing is season 1 of Castlevania.

"When his wife is burned at the stake after being falsely accused of witchcraft, the vampire Count Vlad Dracula Tepes declares all the people of Wallachia will pay with their lives. His army of monsters and demons overruns the country, causing the people to live lives of fear and distrust. To combat this, the disgraced demon hunter Trevor Belmont takes up arms against Dracula's forces, aided by the magician Sypha Belnades and Dracula's half-vampire son Alucard." (Info by wiki)

This show so far is actually getting pretty good. It has an interesting storyline. Two intriguing characters that had an awesome fight in episode 4. An it's animation was very well drawn. The show's animators did an excellent job at making this show look cool (The animators of the Reflection and Neo Yokio should take some notes.)

One of things I liked about this anime would have to be Trevor Belmont. Even though he's a jerk at times, he still really good at what he does. Which is being a demon/vampire hunter. Even when he's drunk or beaten up he can still kick a couple guys butt with no problem.

Another thing I liked about this anime would have to be this certain death scene that happens in episode 4. I can say much, but all I can say is that it is portrayed and executed very well. It's so good that if a person who watches that scene for the very 1st time, wouldn't mind seeing it again a 2nd time.

Sadly this season has some bumps and bruises that I hope doesn't happen again in the next one. Don't worry it's not going to be too long, so you can relax and rest easy.

1. (Episode 3) How did Trevor find the entrance where the Sleeping Solider was resting? No one told or showed him where it was, so how?

2. (Episode 3) even though he fell all the way down to the catacombs, Trevor is able to get up, walk or run normally. The same thing happens again in episode 4 (except this time he brings Sypha with him and she too doesn't get injured at all either (and no she didn't use any magic to prevent her or Trevor from getting hurt.)

3. (Episode 3) How did Sypha know that Trevor climbed on top of her? She was turn into a stone statue. Which means she wouldn't feel or hear anything.

4. Even though this show is getting pretty good, it still sucks that the 1st season only last for about 4 episodes. An that we have to probably wait till next year to get a season that has more than 4 episodes.

In conclusion I really like this show so far. It has interesting storyline, 2 intriguing characters who had a great fight scene together, and it was very well animated. I really hope I find less or no problems in the next season and I can't wait to see what happens next. If you haven't watch this show yet, I really recommend you give it a try. I'm giving this season a 7.9/10, let me know what you guys think in the comments.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 11