• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Reveals Streaming Areas, Premiere Date For King's Game TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WingKing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:47 am Reply with quote
Here's to hoping that CR is losing Encouragement of Climb because Sentai licensed the upcoming S3 for streaming/home video and got S2 in the package. The other potential explanation - that not enough people were watching it to justify renewing the license - is one I'd rather not think about.
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:18 am Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
Here's to hoping that CR is losing Encouragement of Climb because Sentai licensed the upcoming S3 for streaming/home video and got S2 in the package. The other potential explanation - that not enough people were watching it to justify renewing the license - is one I'd rather not think about.

I swear they lost the rights for EoC before, I do hope we see CR or someone else pick them up again when the new season starts next year though.
WingKing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:26 am Reply with quote
The license for S1 expired for a while, but then they picked it back up again. They've had S2 up ever since it aired AFAIK.
Nico_Astray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:44 am Reply with quote
I wonder why Holland. I mean they do boradcast everything in English, but when we're talking about subs, it's noe different for other EU-countires.
This is somewhat aggravating as I need 10 minutes by foot to cross the border...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1