• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Will Bakugo Become a Hero or a Villain?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:25 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
pikabot wrote:
I mean, you could just read the manga. The manga answers this question pretty definitively.
Not everyone wants to do that?...
I thought the same as pikabot, the question is rendered moot by the source material and is just "click-bait" for the article where the question "do you think Bakugo will turn out to be a villain?" is discussed instead. If there weren't already an answer, it'd be interesting to debate this and I'd be in the "villain" camp based on the story to date. I could think of any number of scenarios that could end that way, but then I'd rather not spend my time coming up with fan-fic fodder.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:28 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
MajinAkuma wrote:
Don't people still get that Bakugo admires All Might as much as Midoriya does?

Stain the Hero Killer was also an All Might admirer

which is the thing most people aren't getting. is that from bakugo's standpoint on life, he will either end up becoming like an even worse version of endeavor , or he could easily end up like stain if he doesn't change and fast!

Quote:
They're never gonna be friends - and probably SHOULDN'T anyway - but they can learn from each other all the same, and that's hopefully something Bakugo can start doing now that he's at least sort of over his complex with Deku. Though if he doesn't, he wouldn't be the first shounen rival character to turn to The Dark Side

him being friends would probably be the only way to turn him from the dark side. the last thing anyone wants is for their relationship to be as toxic as naruto and saskue was.

Quote:
Except Mineta. Mineta can kindly drop out of U.A. to make room in class A for literally anyone else in the school. Hell, I'd be okay with Aoyama suddenly revealing he has an identical twin if it ousts the awful grape boy from the show. But that's neither here nor there.

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!! he is basically that series version of master roshi. a joke character meant for comic relief. especially with their running gag of being perverts in more ways than one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:24 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
Season 3 will hopefully get to where we really dive into Bakugo and see what makes him tick. spoiler[We learn why Bakugo is the way he is through his environment. When Bakugo developed his powers everyone praised him and how he would be a great hero some day. A child of five being praised and built up constantly by everyone from his peers, to his teachers, to random adults on the streets it built up in him this immense tower of confidence and pride. He learned that power means respect and admiration so in contrast no power must mean weakness and degradation. So Deku being the only kid in his class without a quirk he must be the loser and pariah. To then later see Deku have such a powerful quirk it struck at the very core of his tower of confidence and pride. This person so much weaker and of less status then him being his equal possibly his better was unthinkable. This also is a great counterpoint to the character of Shinso from the general education course of U.A. and from the sports festival. While Bakugo was praised and told he would be a great hero with his powers Shinso was told his powers were frightening and he would be a villain. Later well after season 3 will end Bakugo is going to call Deku out for a fight finally putting together Deku inherited his powers from All Might. At this point All Might has used up every bit of One for All defeating his arch nemesis All for One while rescuing Bakugo and this destroys Bakugo. The ultimate pinnacle of strength who Bakugo looked up to lost all his powers and it was because of Bakugo. That if Bakugo was stronger and better he wouldn't have needed to be saved and All Might could still be a hero. Bakugo being a person who has always run on the emotions of pride and anger didn't know how to handle such terrible grief and regret so he deals with it the only way he knows through anger. So he calls Deku out for a fight because that is the only thing he can and it turns into a pretty awesome fight and a great moment between Bakugo, Deku and All Might.]

Thank you for that, you've really articulated what I love about this series!
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:40 am Reply with quote
the bigger question is 'will he become tolerable?' I can probably write a page or two on his psychology, the show itself has admirable themes worth investigating, but intolerable angry grunting kid is still just that. And then when there will be the answer between good and bad, they'll forecast it in advance and expect us to be surprised at an undeserved outcome. Maybe it is written better in the anime.
akamarulover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:38 am Reply with quote
"They're never gonna be friends - and probably SHOULDN'T anyway - but they can learn from each other all the same"

At the current moment, sure, but I don't agree they will NEVER be friends. I mean first of all how are they gonna learn from each other without learning to understand and accept one another. And its also pretty heavily implied that they're gonna be a team in the future. All might said during their battle with him that once those two sort out their issues, that they would be a powerful force someday. spoiler[And in the manga Aizawa referred to them as the twin stars of class A.] They were called the worst wonder duo by Recovery Girl. Both were inspired by All Might. Theres so much setup of the two of them being connected. (manga) spoiler[And after all might fought AFO, it was stated that the era of putting all hope in just All Mights hands was a major mistake. And that no one person should be a sole pillar of hope.] So it seems to me that an era of hero teams is what will be the next step for their society. And Deku and Katsuki will likely pave the way for this era, considering they ARE the two characters with the most focus in the series. The series is still young and much will happen. I'm positive the two of them will be on friendly terms by the end of the series!
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:

Admiring All Might is different from wanting to knock him out and take his place as #1 hero. Confused

And yet you don't realize that Bakugo wants to become someone like All Might: a powerful hero who can take on against any villain and any number of villains regardless how hopeless the situation is. Even if he's gonna surpass All Might someday, Bakugo is not the kind of guy who wants to see his idol as a weakling. He wants to become his idolized image. All Might does not represent villainy. That's why Bakugo chose to become a hero.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Man the hate for Mineta is strong with this one as two really hate the character even tho he has proven time and time again, against all odds still managed to succeed.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I hope he doesn't become one if for no reason other than that they've been so blatantly foreshadowing it. Plus, if Mineta is like super ultra creeper but is still a good guy at his core, Bakuga can be really aggressive but still a good guy at his core.

He always collects himself before it gets out of control. He's just really aggressive imo. i'd rather see him as just a different approach to being a hero than him to be a real villain.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:03 am Reply with quote
#MinetadidNothingWrong
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2