• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paramount Picks Up Sonic the Hedgehog Film Rights

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Sonic will never reach the popularity of Transformers...

I would say that Sonic is already more popular than the transormers, just that he has been focused on a different medium than them. Sonic has had games and tv shows. Transformers have had movies and TV shows. Each has had multiple shows but video games are a different beast than major motion pictures.

The problem for the studios now is that they don't trust the audience. They probably assume today's families won't come our and see a sonic movie made in the style of like Despicable Me or Ice Age. Instead, they think it has to be Smurfs for the audience to get engaged. I think that's stupid, but this is not new. It was the same reason they introduced Chris in Sonic X.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:20 am Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:

The problem for the studios now is that they don't trust the audience. They probably assume today's families won't come our and see a sonic movie made in the style of like Despicable Me or Ice Age. Instead, they think it has to be Smurfs for the audience to get engaged. I think that's stupid, but this is not new. It was the same reason they introduced Chris in Sonic X.

I'm not of the mind that's the issue but likely they want to do something different that what has already been done with Sonic on screen all sonic TV shows have been exclusively animated so with that in mind why make a big screen adaptation that's also animated.
Satanichia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
Satanichia wrote:
It will be brilliant. Can't wait for this flawless film to reach my eyes.

My sarcasm is way better than that. I was being completely serious. I love Sonic the way I love oxygen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3