• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Aho-Girl Tops Poll of Most Enjoyable Summer 2017 Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad that Centaur's Life didn't crack the top ten. That being said I watched 8 out of 10 of these shows and I did enjoy every episode of Aho Girl. So I approve of your summer poll
Merxamers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:09 pm Reply with quote
For pure "enjoyability", Princess Principal is the clear and easy winner for me, with Tsuredure Children a strong second place.

Aho Girl's one of those shows that has some amusing clips and screenshots, but i don't think i'd enjoy the whole show. I admire the seiyu for the lead character though; she gave her all for that performance
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
So when do we get to vote for what shows we want them to cover for fall?
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:21 pm Reply with quote
People didn’t enjoy Made in Abyss? It was hard to watch at moments, but certainly enjoyable most of the time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Wait, neither of my top5 is in their top10 WTF. Shocked
Made in Abyss, Tsuredure Children, Mahoujin Guru Guru, Shoukaku no Altair, Ballroom e Youkoso
Merxamers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:24 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
People didn’t enjoy Made in Abyss? It was hard to watch at moments, but certainly enjoyable most of the time.

Made in Abyss was GOOD, but idk about enjoying it all the time, lol. If it was a list of pure quality, it would probably be at the top.
palom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:37 pm Reply with quote
The lack of mahoujin guru guru always amazes me, so many people don't even know that show is airing and is really enjoyable.
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Aho Girl on top.
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't even get through the first episode of Aho Girl. Different tastes and all that. To me it just seemed it was going to be "stupid person doing stupid things" which is never appealing to me.

I'd probably say New Game!! was the most enjoyable for me this season, followed by Sakura Quest (continuing from last season). Princess Principal was fun, but it didn't hook me the way it did many other people (still have the last few episodes to watch ...).
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Hitorijime my Hero was easily the one I had the most fun watching. Kensuke and Masahiro just made my day every time. They are best boys. Tears of joy were shed.

And yea I agree with Knight's and Magic being on that list. Ernesti's passion was very infectious and cute.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Mine was netsuzou trap. Saiyuki was going to be first until I saw that they glossed over the most important meeting in the series and only showing a still shot of the meeting.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Top 3 for me in terms of pure enjoyment were Made in Abyss, Princess Principal, and Magical Circle Guru-Guru. I personally find it unfortunate that the list in this article doesn’t contain MiA anywhere in the top ten. I hope there are more people in Japan that are at least aware of Made in Abyss than this list may imply.
nechronius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I think it's pretty clear that the poll was for "light hearted Fun Times/gags/comedy" anime. In which case things seem pretty obvious.

Aho-girl was just stupid fun and though certainly not worthy of being on anybody's Top 5 anime of the year, it might be the one you want to throw on for a few laughs or have running casually while you go about doing something else.
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
tcdelaney wrote:
I couldn't even get through the first episode of Aho Girl. Different tastes and all that. To me it just seemed it was going to be "stupid person doing stupid things" which is never appealing to me.

I'd probably say New Game!! was the most enjoyable for me this season, followed by Sakura Quest (continuing from last season). Princess Principal was fun, but it didn't hook me the way it did many other people (still have the last few episodes to watch ...).

Funny, that's how I pictured New Game to be. "Stupid girls doing stupid things".
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Centaur Worries really overly emphasized the stranger parts of the series quick in the anime. It's production was not there to deliver it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2