• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya's Kurumada Prepares 'Surprising' Project

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Are we finally going to get to Zeus and Olympus? Please? It has been so many years! Otherwise a reboot or continuation of The Lost Canvas would be nice, if impossible.
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quote
The only thing that would surprise me is The Heaven's chapter. Seiya and Co. need to take on Zeus and Olympus and finally end the Holy Wars.

Another Season of Lost Canvas would be greatly welcome.

Just give us an end man. Some of us have been following Los Caballeros del Zodiaco since we were little kids. The heaven's chapter would be the cherry at the top of a great story
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I can't imagine Kurumada doing anything more surprising than reviving Otokozaka, which he already did. A sequel to Silent Knight Sho maybe?
Mewzard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:24 am Reply with quote
ND Anime? Heaven-Chapter? B't X 2?

So many possibilities. Can't wait to see what it is.
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 am Reply with quote
Chichiryuutei wrote:
The only thing that would surprise me is The Heaven's chapter. Seiya and Co. need to take on Zeus and Olympus and finally end the Holy Wars.

Another Season of Lost Canvas would be greatly welcome.

Just give us an end man. Some of us have been following Los Caballeros del Zodiaco since we were little kids. The heaven's chapter would be the cherry at the top of a great story

The Heaven arc isn't the final arc either, the final will be a battle against Cronus and Rhea. But he said that a long while ago, so who knows?
Sergorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:10 am Reply with quote
All Kurumada is saying is that a surprising project of Saint Seiya is currently being done. He hasn't said anything about wether it's something he's doing himself or not.

-Sergorn
AkaRed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Mewzard wrote:

ND Anime and B't X 2 if it's either one of those I crack my mind and dance gangnam style in a nurse outfit !
cloudthe23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Wait... the havens arc is real, I always thought that the series ended with the hades arc, I kept seeing alot of people posting stuff of Olympus and Zeus for years so I thought that was only fanfiction since my knowledge comes from the anime when I saw it years ago, I knew that there was the manga and I have search for it online but they only have the first chapters of it.
I really hope that is a reboot of the entire anime and fully adapt all of the manga from beggining to end, Saint Seiya has always been on my top 10 anime of all time so I hope it comes back.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:14 pm Reply with quote
cloudthe23 wrote:
Wait... the havens arc is real, I always thought that the series ended with the hades arc, I kept seeing alot of people posting stuff of Olympus and Zeus for years so I thought that was only fanfiction since my knowledge comes from the anime when I saw it years ago, I knew that there was the manga and I have search for it online but they only have the first chapters of it.
I really hope that is a reboot of the entire anime and fully adapt all of the manga from beggining to end, Saint Seiya has always been on my top 10 anime of all time so I hope it comes back.

Dunno if you're in the right region for it, but Viz sells all of the Saint Seiya manga digitally (the print can be a bit hard to find for some volumes).

And apparently, the Heaven Arc had been teased for many years.

spoiler[We even get a bit of suggestion that Athena's actions in ND risk the wrath of Olympus, so when they return from the past, it might happen then.]
Sergorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:09 pm Reply with quote
cloudthe23 wrote:

That's what TOEI and Netflix are doing.

-Sergorn
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:42 am Reply with quote
The best surprise would be Saint Seiya Zeus chapter by Shiori Teshirogi (Lost Canvas) author
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mewzard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:44 am Reply with quote
DarkLordDragon wrote:
The best surprise would be Saint Seiya Zeus chapter by Shiori Teshirogi (Lost Canvas) author

Honestly, I'd rather Kurumada handle that himself. This series is his and he should be the one to finish it.

...That said, I would love another new Saint Seiya project by Teshirogi. The Lost Canvas was enjoyable.
tsukumo.yuma.98

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:22 am Reply with quote
cloudthe23 wrote:

So far, "Heavens Arc" doesn't even exist yet, and Zeus has not even been shown in the manga.
Also no, Hades arc was not the last one. Read a manga called "Saint Seiya Next Dimention", it is the sequle to the original Saint Seiya, and continues after the events of the Hades Arc.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:20 am Reply with quote
If this project is not manga related, then I almost doubt that it would be another Seiya production, as there are already three (Saintia Sho, Netflix series, & the "Hollywood" movie) being made. In that regard, the only anime news I could see would be either more Ring ni Kakero 1 (since this year is the manga's 40th Anniversary) or an adaptation of Otoko Zaka (since Kurumada is doing more of it on a yearly basis). Either one of those would truly be "surprising" announcements. Oddly enough, it's both the worst & best time to adapt a non-Seiya Kurumada manga into anime right now. It's worst because Seiya has three adaptations in the works right now, at least in theory, but at the same time there's only one "traditional" anime production, i.e. made in Japan with no international staff, out of that lost (Saintia Sho), and that's not adapting something Kurumada himself drew, so adapting something like RnK1 or Otoko Zaka could be somewhat viable... Maybe.

If it's manga related, though, then it could theoretically be anything; he could very well be making another original work, ala Ai no Jidai. That being said, the fact that Kurumada doesn't outright state that it's Seiya related makes me feel that it may not be in relation to that manga. Still, I'll just take the "wait & see" option & go from there.
Beldarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:43 am Reply with quote
Mewzard wrote:

...I'm really hoping it's not another Saint Seiya project, we've had enough of those recently. I just want to see more of Kurumada's other stuff, so I'm on board with the B'tX 2 idea. Or maybe a Fuma no Kojiro sequel? I wouldn't mind one. ...Then again, what if this is an entirely new series? Kurumada hasn't done anything new for years.

I honestly doubt Kurumada himself would announce preparing an anime project... that would be the animation studio's job. So, I'm expecting it to be manga-related.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2