• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Date A Live Light Novels Get New Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:52 am Reply with quote
So even Date A Live joins the Season 3 party well that's cool, but honestly this is getting crazy.
Attack on Titan 3, My Hero Academia 3, SAO 3, Index III and now even Date A Live 3.....What the hell is going on!??! xD
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:57 am Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
So even Date A Live joins the Season 3 party well that's cool, but honestly this is getting crazy.
Attack on Titan 3, My Hero Academia 3, SAO 3, Index III and now even Date A Live 3.....What the hell is going on!??! xD
perhaps they are moving away from anime being used as an ad model?
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:02 am Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:

Don't forget DxD 4 and HxH 2 also coming in 2018.
Dandylion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
perhaps they are moving away from anime being used as an ad model?

That would be awesome !!! It would Fix many problems the media has ... Although It's very unlikely this is the real reason behind all these sequels ...
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:40 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this will get far enough along to cover where Origami discovers spoiler[who really killed her parents]. I'm aware of what happens, but not how far along in the light novels that is.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:56 am Reply with quote
AholePony wrote:
Only interested if they focus the entire new series on #bestgurl Kurumi.

I'm definitely in for more Kurumi. Even if she isn't the main focus, knowing she'd be in it will be enough. Laughing
iAmDot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:59 am Reply with quote
Embarassed Embarassed my other To'ka waifu
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:40 am Reply with quote
yes yes yes yes !!!!!!!!! awesome news. I really hope Kurumi gets enough screentime best girl !!!
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
I wonder if this will get far enough along to cover where Origami discovers spoiler[who really killed her parents]. I'm aware of what happens, but not how far along in the light novels that is.

Looking at the picture in the article, they will cover volumes 8-11, and maybe volume 12, so yes, they will cover that arc.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:56 am Reply with quote
Surprising news, but a logical one too. I think Date A Live is one of those series that managed to win hardcore fans even without needing very high production values. It has action, tongue-in-cheek comedy, and surprising twists too.

Season 2, despite being short, developed the story in interesting ways. I remember checking out how the novels were doing, and ended up lamenting why Season 2 only had 10 episodes.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:35 am Reply with quote
Since it has been a few years since the second season, is there enough LN material to go for at least 22 episodes?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:23 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Since it has been a few years since the second season, is there enough LN material to go for at least 22 episodes?

With 17 volumes published, I can't see why not...
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:24 am Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:

Just to add on, if rumors and my predictions are correct, there would be Non Non Biyori 3 and To Love-Ru Darkness 3 in 2018 as well.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:31 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

Yes, if they want, there are material for 5-6 arcs: Natsumi ( volumes 8-9 ), Tobiichi (volumes 10-11 ) Shido (volume 12), Nia (volume 13), Mukuro (volumes 14-15) and Kurumi (volumes 16-17).

But my prediction, looking at the release picture, a would say 12-13 eps covering Natsumi and Tobiichi arcs.
And maybe Shido arc, but that is a long shot.
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
So happy. Time for new dates. We need to learn more about the Spirits (no LN spoilers please) like why are they here? Why the spatial quakes (I'm assuming they live in another dimension)? How much does the AST know about the Spirits?

Please bring back sweet ARMS for the OP/EDs. I love their music
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3