• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: High School DxD Hero Anime's Promo Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDragonking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:06 am Reply with quote
Hell Yeah!! Let's go! As soon as I saw Cao Cao I got hyped as hell. The animation is different but not too shaby it kinda reminds me of either the LN art style. Also from what it looks like we'll definitely be getting Vol 9. so that's good. Hope we get vol 10 for CCQ. Hope we get this for at least spring.
allenrl43

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:40 am Reply with quote
The Author confirmed that it will cover volumes 9 and 10. Volume 8 is a sees of short stories.
Milzn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:06 am Reply with quote
Rias look so different now
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:09 am Reply with quote
Designs look garbage. Really disappointed.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:09 am Reply with quote
Designs look garbage. Really disappointed.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:28 am Reply with quote
Ok now that I've seen it in action my criticism has softened a little. I'll definitely check this out. 2018 is looking like a year of big comebacks.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:55 am Reply with quote
Looks like they decided to go back to adapting 2 vols per season which is how it should be so it doesnt feel rushed.

Also got mixed feelings about new animation. I guess its faithful to the current art style of the light novel illustrations but considering I've gotten used to the good animation style of the first 3 seasons itll take getting used to for this change
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:09 am Reply with quote
Thank god they changed the art style. I hated the previous Sentai-looking crap we got. <.< Everyone had eyes the size of bazookas and there there were barely any curved lines on character designs...
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:08 am Reply with quote
The characters look slightly different from last time, perhaps for the better. Hopefully High School DxD Hero is better, as Born started to get boring midway through.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:39 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
The characters look slightly different from last time, perhaps for the better. Hopefully High School DxD Hero is better, as Born started to get boring midway through.

As long as they stick to 2 vols per season and make any significant changes then that shouldnt be a problem. I heard Ishibumi made the call to have any future season be reverted back to this format while maintaining a faithful adaptation to the sources. They got hurt bad by the sales and even more by the fan backlash to the point that he even retconned the series
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:51 am Reply with quote
... I like the new designs and animation. They feel more fluid in both action and fanservice scenes. Shocked

I'm interested in how Passione got the job though.

Man, I think I've said this once, but I guess I'll say it again. High School DxD IMO is the only light novel series which has action scenes that rival the Shonen Jump's top action series.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:54 am Reply with quote
As I watched thr preview I couldn't help but notice how...jarring the animation looks. I'm not a fan of the new style AT ALL. It's really....bad....in a sense. It might just be becaus i'm so used to thr other style but, i feel as though it's too sloppy looking. Then again, maybe this studio can make something work. But they r the same people who made RailWars which was...not that very good. All I know is that this studio is faithful to the source material.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:54 am Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
As I watched thr preview I couldn't help but notice how...jarring the animation looks. I'm not a fan of the new style AT ALL. It's really....bad....in a sense. It might just be becaus i'm so used to thr other style but, i feel as though it's too sloppy looking. Then again, maybe this studio can make something work. But they r the same people who made RailWars which was...not that very good. All I know is that this studio is faithful to the source material.

It's because you're used to the other style. This style is much better than the other one when it comes to helping the animator go wild and yeah, the girls look much cuter. :*
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
kiminobokuwa wrote:

It's because you're used to the other style. This style is much better than the other one when it comes to helping the animator go wild and yeah, the girls look much cuter. :*

Yeah. Hopefully I can get used to this style. Maybe the animation will pick up as well. I just hope they stick to the material, but the studio does do that (somewhat).
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:47 am Reply with quote
Shit, this is really a step down from Junji Goto's godly stuff. If they don't have similar eyecatches I'm done. I was already on the outs with the franchise because I know how ridiculous the harem situation gets in later novels so this might be what I needed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3