• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extra Last Encore Anime Reveals Kousuke Toriumi as Archer in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mika7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:41 am Reply with quote
Anyone know if the servant Karna will participate in this anime?
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:05 am Reply with quote
Mika7 wrote:

Probably not. Karna wasn't in Extra. Now they might not follow the story exaxtly (and hopefully won't because while the characters were good the plot was pretty boring), but they haven't shown any servants not in Extra so far.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:22 am Reply with quote
All I hope is that we get Tamamo somewhere in the anime
SlaYeRsama

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:43 am Reply with quote
Mika7 wrote:

It depends on which story Nasu wants to animate, if it only focus on Extra he wont be in this anime, or if Nasu goes with Extella Zero[Story which leads to Fate/Extella] or include Extra/CCC in Last Encore there's a high possibility that Karna will be in this anime.
SlaYeRsama

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:44 am Reply with quote
So the next CM will be Caster spoiler[ Nursery Rhyme ] i guess.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
DDragonking wrote:
All I hope is that we get Tamamo somewhere in the anime

That would be cool, but I wonder if we will. I guess someone else could summon her.
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:49 pm Reply with quote
SlaYeRsama wrote:
So the next CM will be Caster spoiler[ Nursery Rhyme ] i guess.

IIRC that Servant isn't included in Extella/Zero so the next CM would be a good indicator of which storyline the anime will follow.
Oh, and I disagree with people saying the original was boring: IMO, it was the good balance between Nasu's excessive prose and game flow. CCC went way overboard and I didn't like that much.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
ximpalullaorg wrote:
Oh, and I disagree with people saying the original was boring: IMO, it was the good balance between Nasu's excessive prose and game flow. CCC went way overboard and I didn't like that much.

I think that was just me? I did not mean to compare anything to CCC which I've never played through.

Extra was super boring though. The main characters and their interactions were interesting, but the story was just not there. The setting being limited to just the school grounds and what is essentially the Danger Room doesn't do any attempt at story telling any favors either.

I'm also not sure what you mean by game flow... you literally just go collect 3 clues and go into the god awful dungeon to play rock paper scissors (usually related to finding those clues), and repeat that every game week. This is another aspect that doesn't do the story any favors because it divides the game into a bunch of little, independent mini arcs.

It is quite possibly the worst game I've ever beaten, and it hands down has the worst story of any Fate material I've seen/read. That first part has more to do with the game mechanics than anything else. The game did make me a huge Nero fan, and I whipped out the wallet to get her in FGO.
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:01 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

Extra was super boring though. The main characters and their interactions were interesting, but the story was just not there. The setting being limited to just the school grounds and what is essentially the Danger Room doesn't do any attempt at story telling any favors either.

I actually liked the story. As I said, Nasu went way overboard in CCC, and while most of his stuff works in a VN, it didn't in CCC, as it created a series of padding issues the ultimately made me quit. Not to mention that while he wanted the player to sympathize with a certain character, it actually made the opposite.
The game does have a few nice scenes though, especially a hilarious one with spoiler[Gilgamesh and Cast Off...(just look it up on youtube)]

Quote:
I'm also not sure what you mean by game flow... you literally just go collect 3 clues and go into the god awful dungeon to play rock paper scissors (usually related to finding those clues), and repeat that every game week. This is another aspect that doesn't do the story any favors because it divides the game into a bunch of little, independent mini arcs.

The game wasn't very good, but I liked the idea of discovering the Servants this way. And in general, stuff like Caster was nice to see in the story.

Also, if you think it was boring, in CCC you have to go to the same dungeon three times during a chapter just to watch a cutscene then get back then repeat...
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote
So does he have GAR or not? I need experts to answer this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1