• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Promised Neverland Manga Has 2.1 Million Copies in Print

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote
Kind of weird timing as we dont know if the 2.1 mln includes v6 nov printing numbers.

I wish they would update us on a few other series, felt like its been months since we last heard BLack Clovers but we do know BC had over 1.5mln at that time..

Cant remember if we ever knew HInomaru Zumous or even Food War's newest numbers.

And well ultimately, for all series we dont know if this number includes digial copies.
Diorgenson4321

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:10 am Reply with quote
I smell an anime. Let's hope that it's adapted by a good studio.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:16 am Reply with quote
Diorgenson4321 wrote:

Hopefully the staff behind Made in Abyss, I think they would be able to translate the setting to anime well.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:27 am Reply with quote
This is my favorite series as of late. I really like the dark tone.

I'd like to see several more volumes released prior to it receiving an anime.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:33 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Diorgenson4321 wrote:

Hopefully the staff behind Made in Abyss, I think they would be able to translate the setting to anime well.

Oh yeah. Right up their alley... Wink
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:40 am Reply with quote
Even if I am not the biggest fan since I find the character designs really ugly, it's always nice to see a series do well in WSJ. It's pretty much an achievement. JUMP as to be one of the most competitive work place ever.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
Between this and Dr. Stone, Shonen Jump isn't going to be running out of stuff to adapt into anime any time soon.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see thos gem do so incredibly well. I want an anime from Bones just to be on the safe side. I'll accept Wit as well as a studio.

On a side note, Jump has a bunch of new and great promising manga running in the mag right now. Yuuna, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Neverland and Dr. STONE are easily going to get anime adaptations, hopefully good ones, let the bad studios like Pierrot and Toei stay away from these. Robot x Laserbeam will also get an anime easily, unless the manga ends abrubtly, based off of the latest chapter, but hopefully that isn't the case. And I feel like Zumo will get an anime sooner or later.
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:48 pm Reply with quote
All these people on forum's wanting this to be animated by generic studios like Bones, Madhouse and so on, when its blatantly obvious that it should be animated by WIT Studio. Seriously Studio WIT is perfect for this art style and fluidity.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:04 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
All these people on forum's wanting this to be animated by generic studios like Bones, Madhouse and so on, when its blatantly obvious that it should be animated by WIT Studio. Seriously Studio WIT is perfect for this art style and fluidity.

Excuse me? How are Bones generic? They've been one of the most innovative studios ever since they've been founded. Their character design diversity is probably their most striking characteristic. Their productions tend to have consistent animation and tons of very talented animators working on their shows, bringing out the best out of animation.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:37 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:

You lost me there when you called Bones generic, yet you brought up WIT.

Real talk: I doubt Bones would adapt it though, with MHA3, Mob 2, Eureka Seven movies, and that Netflix original anime in the works. I think the best studio would be Kinema Citrus.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Glad to see thos gem do so incredibly well. I want an anime from Bones just to be on the safe side. I'll accept Wit as well as a studio.

On a side note, Jump has a bunch of new and great promising manga running in the mag right now. Yuuna, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Neverland and Dr. STONE are easily going to get anime adaptations, hopefully good ones, let the bad studios like Pierrot and Toei stay away from these. Robot x Laserbeam will also get an anime easily, unless the manga ends abrubtly, based off of the latest chapter, but hopefully that isn't the case. And I feel like Zumo will get an anime sooner or later.

Platinum End from Jump SQ will almost certainly get an anime also.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote
DamianSalazar wrote:
FlyGuySempai wrote:

You lost me there when you called Bones generic, yet you brought up WIT.

Real talk: I doubt Bones would adapt it though, with MHA3, Mob 2, Eureka Seven movies, and that Netflix original anime in the works. I think the best studio would be Kinema Citrus.

If Bones adapt it, it won't be next year. Mob 2 turned out to be an OVA, the movies are spaced out. Neverland will likely only get an anime in 2019 if I had to guess, or late 2018.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I would prefer that BONES focus on MHA if they adapt a WSJ title for now. Else if they were to do another one I would prefer Kimetsu over PNL. Action is their forte.

Also I need them to do Fire Force!
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:33 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
I would prefer that BONES focus on MHA if they adapt a WSJ title for now. Else if they were to do another one I would prefer Kimetsu over PNL. Action is their forte.

Also I need them to do Fire Force!

To be honest, I want Bones to do Neverland, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Fire Force. But I guess miracles like those don't happen, right? xD

The thing is, Bones can't only do MHA, they like doing other exciting and promising Shounen adaptations, so hopefully Neverland, Kimetsu or Fire Force end up in their hands, at least one of them. The CEO of Bones said that they're dedicated to making MHA a long running project, so they're not stopping unless the production committees stop funding the show or if they catch up with the source material. MHA was also their first adaptation of a WSJ title, so maybe this has opened up a new gate for them in terms of opportunities for the studio.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2