• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Free's Hiroko Utsumi Directs Banana Fish TV Shōjo Crime Action Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Well this is a lovely surprise!
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Not at all familiar with the manga, but from what I've heard this is sounding like real classic Noitamina material, and on that basis, I'm looking forward to it.
Nadare Xizos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Quite an unexpected announcement, but I'm excited to see how it turns out. I loved the manga, just hope it isn't a very rushed affair.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everapril

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow, pleasant surprise. I haven't thought about this series in years.

Shame it'll probably end up on Prime.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:53 pm Reply with quote
How the hell are they going to work this?
Damn. Now I can't help but wonder how they'll portray the action scenes.

Lots of news coming out of nowhere these days.
miraclekid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:59 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
^ It seems Viz doesn't currently have rights, since I don't see any digital release, but who knows

They still have it listed here, so they very well might still have the liscense.

https://www.viz.com/copyrights
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:28 pm Reply with quote
miraclekid wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
^ It seems Viz doesn't currently have rights, since I don't see any digital release, but who knows

They still have it listed here, so they very well might still have the liscense.

Oh, sweet! Then they should really get on a digital release (followed by maybe a kanzenban printing later, as it gets closer), try to get ahead of the curve. It's not often than you have an entire manga series translated that's about to get an anime (most of the time, the manga is still ongoing) that's just ready to go.
miraclekid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:09 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
miraclekid wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:

Oh, sweet! Then they should really get on a digital release (followed by maybe a kanzenban printing later, as it gets closer), try to get ahead of the curve. It's not often than you have an entire manga series translated that's about to get an anime (most of the time, the manga is still ongoing) that's just ready to go.

Idk they've been asked repeatedly by fans (myself included) to at least release it digitally if not reprint it all together but so far the response has always been "Not at this time" or something to that effect. But a new anime may change things, depending on the response.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:36 pm Reply with quote
^Yeah, I've asked them in person at a convention too why they would just let their old titles that would be great for SIG line just sit there (there's more than just Banana Fish, after all) and I got the "we don't really want to right now" answer as well. Guessing they didn't think it'd sell.

But on the plus side, nothing to light a fire under you while sparking renewed interest for the original manga like a new anime adaptation! Assuming the new anime does the original justice, I can't imagine it not sparking pretty good demand (doubly so if it ends on a cliffhanger or something)
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:56 am Reply with quote
I need to see this in action before judge considering the suspect things said in the comments. lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2