• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:17 am Reply with quote
Shin Megami Tensei V: When it comes to Persona, the first one will always be near and dear to my heart (and has been since the PlayStation days), followed by Eternal Punishment. However, I've been getting deep into Shin Megami Tensei, and I hope some of the older titles can somehow get translated and released here.

Summon Night 6: I wonder if any of the other Summon Night heroes might appear in a potential Project X Zone 3.

Super Mario Odyssey: People are probably about to pop from excitement to play this. I imagine this is going to be one hell of a ride once it gets released tomorrow. Hopefully the silly questions about Mario's proportions versus realistic human proportions have stopped at this stage. XD

Last edited by belvadeer on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes, obviously this means that a Smash Bros. announcement is incoming.

If this is true it would really make no sense to make gamecube controllers compatible with the system before the annoucement even for the prospect of using them as alt controllers forthe Switch Gamepad.

Quote:
And the last few SMTs have been DS and 3DS exclusives,

All the mainline SMT titles have traditionally been console exclusives sans 4 and Final.

Quote:
so it might finally be time for the Switch to take up its destined position as the handheld successor we already knew it was meant to be.

Switch was designed to be a successor to the WiiU specifically not the 3DS.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Metal Max returned from the dead as well, and in a big way (I don't like the whole "humanities last virgin" aspect of the story though). I am also interested in SMT V, hopefully a PV with gameplay comes out soon.
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I believe we should rejoice in the hope that Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg won't be lost forever.

oh please oh please oh please

shame about the review of nights of azure 2, I was sort of interested in playing the first one, so if the second is NG that kinda makes me reluctant.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:24 am Reply with quote
Well, most of that criticism is just as valid for the first game, too.
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Nights of Azure 2 is rated 12 in Europe. Just thought I'd say that.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Seeing Pauline's singing performance is one of the exciting moments Super Mario Odyssey has in store! Smile With such a huge world to explore, there's plenty of secrets that are waiting to be discovered.
IanC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quote
They squeezed so much into each of the areas. I've heard people say they "completed" it under 5 hours but come on, is rushing to the end of a sandbox game truly completing it?

Ask any Skyrim players and theyd say no. Or Breath of the Wild. I think my save file was at 40 hours or so when I beat Gannon, and I know there's lots more to find.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:44 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
They squeezed so much into each of the areas. I've heard people say they "completed" it under 5 hours but come on, is rushing to the end of a sandbox game truly completing it?

Is collecting something like 999 seeds for a largely useless reward completing a sandbox game?

It's different depending on what metric you're using. For some it's completing all the main missions, for others it's completing all the main missions and side quests, for others it's doing all those things and collecting all the things (along with the trophies).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1