• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To Love-Ru Manga Artist Kentaro Yabuki to Launch New Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:10 am Reply with quote
That's all fine and dandy...but has he got what it takes to make something Good?!
partysensei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:16 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
That's all fine and dandy...but has he got what it takes to make something Good?!

Let's see!.. i have hope that this time the ending with have more strength. Is he in charge of writing now right? But hey! "not the final chapter" that is very relieving i didn't know that.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The announcement in the December issue features an image of a seated young man surrounded by eight naked young women.

Well, at least we know now what he is working on. I will be interested to see what this new manga by Kentaro Yabuki will be like and how it will turn out (even though its another ecchi harem series in Jump SQ). Hopefully, he will try something a little different than he did with the previous To Love-Ru mangas (and I'm still a fan of those sub-genres either way). It's possible this new manga will keep us fans something to look at while Saki Hasemi takes his time trying to figuring out where To Love-Ru will go next in terms of plot.

Also, does anyone know where I can find that image that was recently released?
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:29 pm Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
Quote:
The announcement in the December issue features an image of a seated young man surrounded by eight naked young women.

Well, at least we know now what he is working on. I will be interested to see what this new manga by Kentaro Yabuki will be like and how it will turn out (even though its another ecchi harem series in Jump SQ). Hopefully, he will try something a little different than he did with the previous To Love-Ru mangas (and I'm still a fan of those sub-genres either way). It's possible this new manga will keep us fans something to look at while Saki Hasemi takes his time trying to figuring out where To Love-Ru will go next in terms of plot.

I’ve found two things relating to this, but I’m letting you know now that it’s NSFW.

The link to the website with this news announcement: http://yusaani.com/l-ta/t-to/toloveru/2017/11/02/446908/

The link to the picture by itself: http://yusaani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/02/435_20171102134332715s.jpg
Marimo0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:39 pm Reply with quote
That picture doesn't represent his next series, it's for To Love-Ru.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
CANimeFan88 wrote:
Quote:

I’ve found two things relating to this, but I’m letting you know now that it’s NSFW.

The link to the website with this news announcement: http://yusaani.com/l-ta/t-to/toloveru/2017/11/02/446908/

The link to the picture by itself: http://yusaani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/02/435_20171102134332715s.jpg

Are you sure that's the right image? because I know I already saw that while reading To Love-Ru Darkness. Could whoever wrote this article made a mistake in any way (when mentioning a guy and eight women)? Just what exactly is Kentaro Yabuki's next manga going to be about?
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I tried to find the original Japanese news announcement image that was described by this statement from ANN:

Quote:

The reason I did so was because there was originally no link here to the December issue that I would have liked to see for myself. Although I realize now, after writing my initial comment here, that that may have been due to the fact that such links were for an issue that doesn’t officially release until this coming Saturday. The links I pasted here were the ones I was able to find to the best of my ability by tracking down what Japanese fans had retweeted about relating to this new project. I somewhat rushed to find it, so I admit that I may have made a mistake somewhere. As towards your last question, CANimeFan88, I’m not exactly sure what it is, but instead of theorizing, I will just choose to wait until Kentaro Yabuki reveals more info about this new project in December. I apologize to everyone in advance if I caused confusion, regardless.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm seriously hoping he goes back to working on something more like Black Cat or Yamato Gensouki. he did a oneshot a while back that would work well to expand into a full series, Futagami Double I think the title was? that'd be nice to see too.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:41 pm Reply with quote
well, ever since to love ru darkness ended the umours have been strong on his new project just being to love ru not-darkness, since the darkness arc is pretty much over.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:43 am Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
Are you sure that's the right image? because I know I already saw that while reading To Love-Ru Darkness. Could whoever wrote this article made a mistake in any way (when mentioning a guy and eight women)? Just what exactly is Kentaro Yabuki's next manga going to be about?

The characters in that image are clearly from To Love-Ru, so it can't have anything to do with his next manga if his next manga is not going to be more To Love-Ru.

Weazul-chan wrote:
I'm seriously hoping he goes back to working on something more like Black Cat or Yamato Gensouki. he did a oneshot a while back that would work well to expand into a full series, Futagami Double I think the title was? that'd be nice to see too.

I recall him stating at one point that he wanted to do more with Black Cat, but I suspect that his way of doing it that was to have all of the lookalike characters that he had in To Love-Ru. I would love to see more Black Cat (assuming that it was good, of course), but he'll probably end up doing something new. Whatever it is, hopefully, it's good. He's already shown that he can do good stuff, but no one comes up with something really good every time.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
an image of a seated young man surrounded by eight naked young women.

This is a very intriguing plot that I cannot wait to see unfold.

Who are those 9 people? How did this man take a seat? Is the seat comfortable? Why are all those young women naked? Why are they surrounding the man? Who am I fooling here?
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:40 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Quote:
an image of a seated young man surrounded by eight naked young women.

This is a very intriguing plot that I cannot wait to see unfold.

Who are those 9 people? How did this man take a seat? Is the seat comfortable? Why are all those young women naked? Why are they surrounding the man? Who am I fooling here?

But can we be certain that these characters in this new manga are different than the ones we know in To Love-Ru (in terms of design that is)?

I just hope we as fans get to see the real image of Kentaro Yabuki's new manga.really soon.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for that link above. Looked SFW to me. Cool

I wonder what kind of series it will be, but it's Yabuki so I'll like it anyway. lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1