• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Issues/Hack?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brett-Butler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:28 am Reply with quote
Is anyone else having issues with using Crunchyroll at the moment? When I try to connect to it via my Roku box, I keep getting a connection error. Even more worryingly, when I try to connect via my web browser, it downloads an .exe file called "CrunchyViewer.exe", which McAfee keeps warning me could be a dangerous file. Is anyone else having the same issues with Crunchyroll at the moment?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:27 am Reply with quote
Yep. Very strange. I guess we'll just have to sit tight until information becomes available. Certainly seems like a hack to me.

Wait, scratch that. The above is true when I try to access Crunchy through Firefox, but I just tried Chrome and I can access the site fine through it. I have a Macbook Air. Very weird.

eta2: so I was able to watch eppie 4 of Dies irae but once it was over, then I started having the same trouble with Crunchy that I'm having on Firefox. I checked on Safari and the site looks normal there, but I bet the same thing would happen as happened on Chrome: I'd be able to watch one episode of something and then the site would be fubared. Just to be on the safe side, I will "save" the Safari access for The Ancient Magus' Bride, although hopefully the situation will be solved by then.

Here's a thread at the downdetector website about Crunchyroll problem:
[url]
https://downdetector.com/status/crunchyroll[/url]
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:08 am Reply with quote
Key

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:55 am Reply with quote
We now have an official news article and response thread about this issue, so I'm locking this thread to avoid redundancy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1