• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Shippuuden (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naeblis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Two things:

1. Awesome fight, but anyone else get a Noein vibe? Totally brings me back to that series.

2. This is a fight not between men, but between gods. Two Naruto gods anyways. So if it's over the top, its fine. If anyone wants super ninjas fighting it out, they'll have to wait until the meeting arc.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:21 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I felt the animation was weaker than, say, Naruto vs Orochimaru. They tried to add a lot of cool looking things to his transformed form, and I'd call that unnecessary... just the mass of chakra is plenty.

spoiler[I bet now we truly know why Pain is called Pain. Anyone else notice the painful choices they took this episode? Hitting his head with a huge block of concrete, and hitting his head everywhere. It's hard to believe that he could still stand after taking that much damage. A kick on the balls would have wrapped it up nicely.

But as the episode went on it got really exciting. Specially when he took the 9-tail form, and then showed Naruto inside the seal room. Pretty cool art when everything went dark and just Naruto's red eyes could be seen.]

Overall it was worth keeping up with mediocre fillers.
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:51 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the fight well enough, but I had the same feelings as Egoist did far as the animation and transformation goes. Also felt it was a spoiler[little goofy at times the way Pain was getting hit in the head constantly. Made it a bit hard to take serious though the fight was still cool overall.]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quote
Remember that "Pain" is a group of dead people animated by Nagato using chakra rods embedded into their corpses. But, heck, maybe that doesn't matter and the Deva Path Pain could handle that sort of damage even if he were really still alive.

Also, I totally thought about Noein watching this episode. It's a different artistic style and used to convey a feeling of reality breaking down and morphing -- at least, that is what I think it was supposed to indicate in Noein. I don't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't want to see it used very often.

Oh, and the Nine Tails hasn't actually emerged yet. Naruto's up to 8 tails and the 9th is pending, but hasn't actually emerged yet.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 271

spoiler[Wtf was this episode.
Just as Sakura fell from the sky, this episode dropped in out of nowhere.
Totally unrelated to the war...
At least is was pretty funny ^^
The whole amnesia thing was kinda interesting.
Looks like this setting was before the war, back in the good old days of fun & games.]
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
^^Eh, July 2010? ^Not sure if that counts as necromancy considering the animé in question is still going strong... And if it doesn't, then...

Haven't seen the episode yet, but from the preview from 270, it's a filler. Please don't tell me we're already starting back to fillers for the umpteenth time? This is getting ridiculous. What if you don't read the manga? Then you have no idea what the actual storyline is. It's careless, really.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
^^Eh, July 2010? ^Not sure if that counts as necromancy considering the animé in question is still going strong... And if it doesn't, then...

Haven't seen the episode yet, but from the preview from 270, it's a filler. Please don't tell me we're already starting back to fillers for the umpteenth time? This is getting ridiculous. What if you don't read the manga? Then you have no idea what the actual storyline is. It's careless, really.

it wasn't really filler, it was a special tie-in episode for the movie that was so subtle it went over most people's heads (you'd think the movie poster in the background during one of the scenes would have been a big enough hint).

anyways it will be back to the story next week.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
What if you don't read the manga? Then you have no idea what the actual storyline is

The anime story is the actual story, only with more stuff thrown in. It's not really something to make a big stink about, but then again some people think adding in some anime-only content is worse than someone killing your family.

everydaygamer wrote:
it wasn't really filler, it was a special tie-in episode for the movie that was so subtle it went over most people's heads (you'd think the movie poster in the background during one of the scenes would have been a big enough hint).

anyways it will be back to the story next week.

I find the people who complain about anime-only episodes tend to not be very bright or open minded.

Anyway, it was a pretty nice episode. Pretty sad, though, once you realize what it's all about and the truth behind it. I liked the part wherespoiler[RTN!Sakura meets Sakura's parents she breaks down crying because her parents were killed when she was a child] And Hinata in that chinadress was very nice. Overall, can't wait for the movie.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:
What if you don't read the manga? Then you have no idea what the actual storyline is

The anime story is the actual story, only with more stuff thrown in. It's not really something to make a big stink about, but then again some people think adding in some anime-only content is worse than someone killing your family.

I was referring to the story of the written, original work, but you're correct, actually. It is the actual storyline -- for the animé. To not change the storyline from the original work is to be respectful to it.

In reiteration, it'd be more careful to just halt production on the series than to have it go in and out of filler arcs. I find it lacking in justice to Kishimoto's written work, and as I said, "careless" to just go in and out of fillers the way they write it so. Let it get to the point where you feel it's getting too close to the current of the manga production and continue it later. How sensible that'd be.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 275

spoiler[Finally, we get to see some Naruto again.
It sure has been a while since his last appearance.
Well, it was about time he found out what was going on in the world.
It was to be expected he'd be angry...
Flashbacks to the past were nice and nostalgic.
Seems like Naruto has become even stronger.]
Kishore Yadav

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Do you remember the episode of Kakashi and Hanare who was from the hidden lock village?

Please make a new series for episodes by making her come back to hidden leaf and start there love story, because everybody expects a lot from Kakashi.

[Edit]: cleaned up your grammar. Also, ANN cannot influence what the makers do with the Naruto franchise. Errinundra.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:38 am Reply with quote
While bored, and after following Boruto pretty much since its inception and finding that it's better than it has any business being (the most recent piss-poor excuse for an arc notwithstanding), I ended up reading about some of its characters on Narutopedia, which led me to read about original Naruto characters. One thing led to another, and pretty soon, I was looking at YouTube vids of Naruto and Shippūden fights, old and new.

I quickly came to remember why I gave up and left its anime adaptation behind long before it ever finished airing (though I did finish the manga). It's a problem when your show's fights are more stilted and a general slog because the narrative itself lacks even a basic understanding of show, don't tell than because if its wildly uneven and lacklustre animation quality (and it certainly has plenty of that). The show just [expletive] beats you over the head with its themes and morals, none of which are deeper than your typical surface-level shōnen fare. And I get it: It's a shōnen. Even Boruto inherits some of this banality, as most shōnen do, but Naruto had egregious problems with repetition to go along with its tell, don't show methodology, and it certainly grates. Abusing Impure World Resurrection as a cheap way to resolve a bunch of character arcs that were fine as they were remains one of the biggest shark jumps I can name, as well.

But I eventually happened upon portions of the old Land of Waves arc--y'know, the one that established Zabuza and Haku as like the series' tutorial bosses before the story would unfold and gradually sprawl in to what we know today. Let me be clear: This arc has a problem or two of its own, with egregious flash-back sequences to elaborate on combat maneuvres that were demonstrated mere seconds prior, and a skirmish with the Demon Brothers that ended with them tied to a tree and inexplicably never seen or heard again. I didn't re-watch the whole arc, but in spite of those issues, I really didn't need to because, unlike most of the convoluted material that would follow, this was a fairly simple and easy-to-remember premise of an arc with relatively powerful implications.

It was a story about a poor man trying to do something to give his poor country a fighting chance at not being poor forever. Along the way, we got smatterings of a destitute society ravaged by poverty, past wars, and greedy capitalistic magnates sucking the life out of what little there was left. We got to see the paralleled results of such a desperate environment in the form of regular people like Tazuna and Inari, as well as regular-people-turned-death-bringers like Haku. The misty and snowy environments were animated and coloured in such a way as to be characteristically grim. For perhaps the one time in its run, this wasn't just a show about a bunch of black mages masquerading as ninja and clashing with each other over their colour swaps; it was about a piece of the world around them, without all the extraneous, fluffy, abstracted, eye-roll-inducing Curse-of-Hatred narratives that would dilute similar plot lines later.

Haku's back story remains probably the most compelling in the series to this day because his conflict, and the pacing of its exposition, actually go to some real length to justify his world view and subordination without removing his agency in the matter. It's not even that complicated, either: He was a child who lived in the Land of Waves during the years immediately following war, when people with blood line abilities like his were known and scorned as the mercenaries who profited from it by fighting and killing and destroying. He eventually discovered his gift by accident, his father saw it in spite of his mother's attempts to hide it, the former gathered a mob and killed the latter, and almost killed the poor boy afterwards. In his fear, Haku unintentionally unleashed his powers, killing his father along with the mob, before taking to wandering around as an orphaned street urchin, digging through the garbage in the cold for basic survival. Soon enough, he began to question the necessity and desirability of his own existence--and really, who could blame him with a past like that? Thus, it would be with great eagerness and gratitude that he would accept the offer of a passing and scheming Zabuza to train him to become his tool, that he might serve a purpose to someone.

Without a doubt, this was the darkest, most nuanced, and most relatable character arc, made all the more tragic by how gentle Haku was as a person in proportion to how skilled he was as an assassin. Unlike Nagato's back story, Haku's did not step beyond its scope: Where Nagato responded to his destitution and strife with some master plan to bring about world peace through totalitarian force, Haku kept his purpose close to the chest. Ever faithful to it, he would die by Kakashi's hand, having used his body as a shield to protect Zabuza from certain death to the utter surprise of everyone present--and that ultimately led to Zabuza reaching the end of his own arc with the realisation that he really did care about the boy, in spite of the original intent in taking him in.

This back story, along with the death scene for them both, account for the one time Naruto ever gave me the feels. It was a splended end, and I kinda wish they had carried more of it in to the rest of the series. Alas. :'(
Anime_fan_88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Hi guys Smile

I have a question regarding Chakara:

Is Chakra in Naruto and Naruto Shippuden the same as the

Chakra in Indian religions ?

Is it the same as this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra

Or is it based on it ?

Or is it inspired by it ?

Or is it a parody of it ?

P.S: I asked this question on other forums but I thought I should ask here

as well to get more information about the subject.

Also, I asked this question on the Naruto, or Boruto, anime disscusiion thread but

I didn't get any answers to I thought I should try my luck here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:04 am Reply with quote
I wish this anime series could continue forever. I know there is boruto. But naruto was on a different level. All that plots emotions. Oh god I really miss old times. growing up watching naruto. One of the best time of my life. spoiler[
https://www.techavy.com/kickass-proxy-kat-unblocked https://freemoviesite.me/ https://frpbypassapk.net/ https://techranc.com/eztv-proxy-sites/
]
Jamuna

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Okay so small back story. I am a lifelong anime fan but the one weird weeb kid from my high-school who ran in the hallway like sasuke and wore a leaf headband to school really put me off of it for so long.. fast forward 10 years and I watched through the naruto anime and I'm 100 episodes into shipuden.

So here's my thoughts so far.

Kakashi is the coolest guy consistently so far.

Hinata is just ridiculously adorable . She makes me smile every time she interacts with naruto.

Sakura sucks...fight me , she's awful in the beginning.

Deidara is annoying for some reason. Can't explain why.

Orichimaru is like ninja voldemort

Narutos progression is phenomenal , to go from reject to village hero.

There's more too but all and all I love this show and regret holding off on watching it for so long.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 61 of 62