• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paradise Papers Reveal Dragon Ball Creator Akira Toriyama's Offshore Investment

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrian Robotnik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:43 pm Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
Yazu13 wrote:
The problem with this however, is that the tax burden falls on the 99% of people who aren't filthy rich to support the government's programs.

Not. Even. Close/

https://www.cnbc.com/2013/12/11/the-rich-do-not-pay-the-most-taxes-they-pay-all-the-taxes.html

It's a bunch of bullsh#t...and by the way many comparirà and many people are avoiding too much milion $$ every year...Come on, there are little companies in my country that pay much more taxes than Airbnb!!
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:38 pm Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
Yazu13 wrote:
The problem with this however, is that the tax burden falls on the 99% of people who aren't filthy rich to support the government's programs.

Not. Even. Close/

https://www.cnbc.com/2013/12/11/the-rich-do-not-pay-the-most-taxes-they-pay-all-the-taxes.html

Still what he said is right, he just went about it with the wrong percentage. Cause of tax evasion rich are obliged to pay even more but they make even more money and poor people will have less ways to pay the taxes cause they'll earn less.
If the rich payed all of what they are asked to pay, the tax programs would run smoothly and daily/work life would be better, making poor people less poor making them able to pay the taxes they should pay, things would balance out.
That's just another article victimizing and humanizing rich people, instead of explaining there's a cycle when it comes to tax money and that poor people the way this is going are going to stay poorer. At the end of the day the millions they evade so that they can have one more private jet or private island would do well to build hospitals or public schools that have closed because there is insufficient funds.
NitwitsWorld

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:32 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:
As this involves a US company, any chance of this striking back at him? For comparison Log Horizon author Mamare Touno got three years suspended for tax evasion last year but that was in Japan.

and it was that legal issue which pretty much ended any continuation of that series let alone touno's career. the author has pretty much dropped off from the face of the earth when it was all said and done.

and knowing this anti manga govt as well as I do (which is being ruined by PM Shinzo Abe whose pretty much have it in for the otaku community with these crappy ass laws he's had passed over the years) , he would without a doubt use the law to completely string Toriyama's head on a platter if the govt decides to bring charges on him with the notion that "no one no matter who they are is above the law!"

Are you assuming that these are the same people who plan the assassination of Osamu Tezuka?

The man who created anime and manga and is a natural treasure in their country.....

You know what? I'm not shocked at all since the Yakuza exists over there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2