• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You Airs on Disney XD on November 25

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
I must say, the move to Disney Anime hyper, at least where I'm concerned, has been a fantastic improvement over what Cartoon Network was doing the last several years.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quote
...most excellent. Very Happy
CatSword

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 pm Reply with quote
"Oh, wow, fast turn around time. I can't wait to..."

*watches clip of Pikachu talking that's going around Twitter*

"Okay maybe not."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:01 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:

Now you can feel the same sense of sudden, crushing bewilderment from the comfort of your own home!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:47 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
CatSword wrote:

Now you can feel the same sense of sudden, crushing bewilderment from the comfort of your own home!

Ugh, if it wasn't awkward enough already, I got stuck watching it in theaters with one of those smelly, socially-awkward geek types sitting behind me, who had an awful lot to say about it for the whole theater to hear. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:09 pm Reply with quote
While it's nice that Disney X.D. has gotten "Pokemon the Movie:I Choose You" and that it's going to be shown on November 25,there's something I'm confused about. I had heard some of you say that there's a video of Pikachu talking on Twitter. Well,since I don't have either a Twitter or Facebook account,what's this all about? Confused There are those who think it's weird of me not to have something like that,but it's my choice not have social media accounts. I'm a private person and there are things about me that I like to keep to myself. That's pretty much my reason for saying that.
ani12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
While it's nice that Disney X.D. has gotten "Pokemon the Movie:I Choose You" and that it's going to be shown on November 25,there's something I'm confused about. I had heard some of you say that there's a video of Pikachu talking on Twitter. Well,since I don't have either a Twitter or Facebook account,what's this all about? Confused There are those who think it's weird of me not to have something like that,but it's my choice not have social media accounts. I'm a private person and there are things about me that I like to keep to myself. That's pretty much my reason for saying that.

spoiler[At one point, Ash hears Pikachu's thoughts, and they're not said in "pokespeak". It makes sense in context.]
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:00 pm Reply with quote
@ Snomaster1

There's a moment in the movie where Pikachu will speak that many weren't expecting after all these years of Pikachu not talking. If you want to see, here's a vid(spoilers): Pikachu Speaks
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I remember reading about Pikachu talking on Bulbagarden forums, so that part didn't totally catch me by surprise.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 pm Reply with quote
ani12 wrote:
spoiler[At one point, Ash hears Pikachu's thoughts, and they're not said in "pokespeak". It makes sense in context.]

The only thing that stopped me from ugly crying at this scene was the horrible voice they gave Pikachu. Dear God, I've heard nails on chalkboards that sound more pleasant.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:52 am Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
I must say, the move to Disney Anime hyper, at least where I'm concerned, has been a fantastic improvement over what Cartoon Network was doing the last several years.

and the question i would like to ask is HOW? how is disney xd an improvement over CN? personally i think the move is the primary reason why some people even die hard pokemaniacs who are primarily dub watchers to make the switch to watching the series online via fansub websites. and the viewership more or less proves that. compared to the US cartoons, especially those that are under the marvel banner as well as star wars rebels are doing better than the three kid orientated anime series (pokemon, yokai watch , beyblade) combined! definitely not good. then again, its not surprising considering that massive debacle they did with naruto shippuden. if that series was released on AS as it should have been from the start, then that series would have already been in the 4th great ninja war arc instead of beginning to start the kage summit arc.

Cutiebunny wrote:
ani12 wrote:

The only thing that stopped me from ugly crying at this scene was the horrible voice they gave Pikachu. Dear God, I've heard nails on chalkboards that sound more pleasant.

you are talking about the english version right?? i highly doubt ikuni otani (if she too can speak english) sounds like nails on a chalkboard!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:01 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
you are talking about the english version right?? i highly doubt ikuni otani (if she too can speak english) sounds like nails on a chalkboard!

Of course. And that's the version that's going to air on the Disney Channel.
michaeltanzer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:22 am Reply with quote
Why NOT air in Japanese with English subtitles instead? That would work out. Right?
Animexcel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I'll wait til I see the Japanese version with subtitles. They removed the original score which features music from the first series.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:09 am Reply with quote
michaeltanzer wrote:
Why NOT air in Japanese with English subtitles instead? That would work out. Right?

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!! if they wanted to nintendo and game freak would have done it a very long time ago. but their parent company in japan dead set on keeping the japaneese counterpart far from the western shores that some of their websites are region locked.

also even if they wanted to, the ONLY channel that would have taken that risk would be CN. but now that its on disney xd, that my friend will never come and the only way to get a sub version would be to import it since animax asia do english subs for their region.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2