• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Übel Blatt Creator Launches Punipuni to Sarasara Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:56 am Reply with quote
Technically, Yen Press released the 10th omnibus volume in August. Which is titled as #9. This is why you never start a manga series with a "volume 0", people!

Gah, hope he's still going to keep working on Ubel Blatt though. Sure, few people are as superhuman about producing manga as Osamu Tezuka, but it seems very few people are working on multiple series at a time (but there have been some, even currently)
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I still am surprised Ubel Blatt has never gotten an anime. Its basically Beserk but with otaku friendly harem thrown in, but not to such an absurd degree like Isekai that it takes away from the dark tone.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
I still am surprised Ubel Blatt has never gotten an anime. Its basically Beserk but with otaku friendly harem thrown in, but not to such an absurd degree like Isekai that it takes away from the dark tone.

Well for that reason I'll read it how good it is. Although pretty something it never gotten a anime? Probably didn't think it is all that profitable.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:14 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

I don't think the harem in Ubel Blatt can be described as otaku friendly, though.

I've been noticing how the author's artwork change in recent years. Kinda interested in knowing more about this new work.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:02 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

I don't think the harem in Ubel Blatt can be described as otaku friendly, though.

I've been noticing how the author's artwork change in recent years. Kinda interested in knowing more about this new work.

Ill admit Im not completely uptodate, but unlike Akame ga Kill none of the potential harem members or the MC for that matter have been killed. So its about as good as you are going to get in that kind of setting.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

Ill admit Im not completely uptodate, but unlike Akame ga Kill none of the potential harem members or the MC for that matter have been killed. So its about as good as you are going to get in that kind of setting.

Oh. That's what you meant.

Well, I guess you have a point there.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Love UB, so I'll check this out. I agree with UB having an anime. Would love to see that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1