• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Game: Round 17

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Next from stream subs.

Character A: Huh? Nobody's here yet.

Character B: Y-Yo...

Character C: You're two minutes late, A.

Character D: Morning, A!

Character E: You're late, dumb Chihuahua!

Character A: .. Wh-Where is everyone?

Character E: Don't run away, dumb Chihuahua!

Character C: A! We're right here!
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Is it spoiler[Ami (A) from Toradora, failing a spot check because everyone (Minori, Taiga (E), was hiding behind Ryuji]?

Key wrote:
Apparently I wasn't paying attention to this thread at all yesterday or I would have gotten a couple of these. Razz

Which ones would those be?
Key

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:41 am Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
Key wrote:
Apparently I wasn't paying attention to this thread at all yesterday or I would have gotten a couple of these. Razz

Which ones would those be?

Definitely the spoiler[Casshern] one and the spoiler[Ancient Magus's Bride] one faster. Probably could have gotten the spoiler[Gunslinger Girl] one, too, though whether or not I could have placed it as fast as it went is another story.

Probably should have had the current one, too, as there's only one anime character I know of who calls someone a Chihuahua. Just couldn't place that scene in that series. (And speaking of titles I need to go back and marathon again sometime. . .)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:37 am Reply with quote
Not sure if I can accept Raftina's guess because the context is kinda wrong. Hmm.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:20 am Reply with quote
Uhm, I guess time for hints? Hmm.

Hint 1. spoiler[The gang is going to A's beach house.]
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Hint 2. spoiler[A is so weirded out by the group's odd greeting that she pretends not to know them.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, if you say so.

Anime: spoiler[Toradora! episode 9 - the crew are meeting at a station to go to the beach]
Characters: spoiler[A: Ami
B Ryuji
C: Kitamura
D: Minorin
E: Taiga]

Context: spoiler[Characters B to E are standing in line, one behind the other, from tallest to shortest and waving their arms so it looks like Ryuji is a Hindu god with 8 sets of arms.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:33 pm Reply with quote
You could have just copy pasted hint 2 as context but yeah I guess that's correct. spoiler[Ami is not failing to spot anything and the characters aren't hiding behind Ryuji so I couldn't accept Raftina's guess.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:26 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure what's wrong with Raftina's guess, but here's the next quote (from the official subs). XYZ is the occupation of characters B & C.

Character A: No child or commoner could understand the ways of chivalry! And especially XYZ!

Character B: T-That’s not true! We understand!

Character C: Hey, you! Have you ever had a day where you couldn’t sleep because you were too hungry?! As far as I’m concerned, chivalry can kiss my ass!
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[XYZ is pretty much unique to this franchise.]
Raftina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:16 pm Reply with quote
This is spoiler[Lavie Head, from Last Exile, retorting against Admiral Mad-Thane's executive officer about how the battle is being conducted, after delivering Holly Mad-Thane's letter].
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
This is spoiler[Lavie Head, from Last Exile, retorting against Admiral Mad-Thane's executive officer about how the battle is being conducted, after delivering Holly Mad-Thane's letter].

It's scary that it's 14½ years since the series first aired in Japan and 10 years since I first watched it.

Your turn, Raftina.

Oh, if people don't know an XYZ is a spoiler[vanship pilot].
Raftina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 pm Reply with quote
By interesting coincidence, I was listening to the OST for spoiler[Fam the Silver Wing] just before seeing that quote.

sub
No fair, X! [...] Kissing me, but talking like you didn't have feelings for me, deliberately going out with a jerk like Y... It's like you're saying you really want my attention!
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:04 am Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[The speaker had been cheating on her boyfriend with the addressee for 2/3 - 3/4 of the series.]
Key

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I thought I recognized this. It's spoiler[Yuma talking to Hotaru (and referring to Fujiwara) during the climax of Netsuzou Trap: NTR]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 32