• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Scum's Wish Manga Has 1.9 Million Copies in Print

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:01 pm Reply with quote
1.9m Pieces of Scum.
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quote
This surprises me as the highest selling volume of the manga only ranked at just above 100,000 units on Oricon. So they either have a truckload of volumes just sitting there not being purchased, or printed way more English volumes than Japanese ones.

I personally despised the anime and rank it as my second least favorite show of all time, but the manga was definitely better.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Had a look at the preview pages for Digital Big Gangan at midnight and quite like the glimpses it provides from "Kuzu no Honkai décor". Nice cover and poster art, interesting time skip with in-depth explorations - all promised with that first instalment. Kamomebata's story -"the girl who dreamed of becoming a princess"- to lead us back in.

The first chapter, titled: "地下鉄のシンデレラ". A title which is most likely a continuation, a variation on a theme, of the musical references people pointed out for the first series too - probably: (Cinderella on Subway) by 土岐麻子 (Asako Toki) this time.

Looking forward to reading the rest of this too.
iAmDot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:59 am Reply with quote
i still don't like how it ended, but that's how it should be i think.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Congrat's to KnH on 1.9 million. Many other series wish they could sell that much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1