• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Bakugan TV Series Planned for 2018 or 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Cool. Too bad it’ll flop.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:55 pm Reply with quote
This was unexpected. But still, I'm looking forward to see what we get.
epicwizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

How can you tell? Just curious.

cyberdraco wrote:

Same.
Kidpolly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy that it coming back... but let's just see how it turn out
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:10 pm Reply with quote
epicwizard wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

How can you tell? Just curious.

While the original series was a huge hit overseas, in native Japan it completely tanked. In fact, the final season was never even aired in Japan, only the US and Canada. Also, it’s been years since the original show; it’ll take a while to reestablish the fanbase, even in North America.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 pm Reply with quote
This is nice. I am sure those who love the show are going to be excited for it. On another note do you all think this time around the anime would be available in which we could watch it in the Japanese dub with English subtitles? Like if a streaming site like Crunchyroll would pick pick it up and stream it, or would it end up airing on public TV like the other anime that came before it? With the ones that came before it, it seem hard if not impossible to view it in Japanese dub with subtitles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 am Reply with quote
It's good that "Bakugan's" coming back. I enjoyed it on Cartoon Network and I hope it comes back soon. I'd like that.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
While the original series was a huge hit overseas, in native Japan it completely tanked. In fact, the final season was never even aired in Japan, only the US and Canada. Also, it’s been years since the original show; it’ll take a while to reestablish the fanbase, even in North America.

This isn't aimed at Japan, so prior success or failure in that market is going to be irrelevant. Kids merch shows rarely target older fans, so they're not really rebuilding a fanbase, as much as they air building a new one.

Aquasakura wrote:
This is nice. I am sure those who love the show are going to be excited for it. On another note do you all think this time around the anime would be available in which we could watch it in the Japanese dub with English subtitles? Like if a streaming site like Crunchyroll would pick pick it up and stream it, or would it end up airing on public TV like the other anime that came before it? With the ones that came before it, it seem hard if not impossible to view it in Japanese dub with subtitles.

Right now, we don't even know if this show is going to be anime. It could easily be animated in Canada, like most of Spin Master's other productions are. Though, I'd say it's probably more likelier to be anime than not.

Children's anime is pretty much the last bastion of shows that don't get subtitled simulcasts. Some of them do, but they're usually brand new properties from smaller companies, or a tie-in with a TCG/video game. That's because these shows have a chance at a more traditional television/major streaming platform roll out that can better link up with local merch releases. So I wouldn't expect the Bakugan reboot to be on Crunchyroll immediately. Truthfully, given the last three seasons of the first Bakugan, as well as Spin Master's other anime, Tenkai Knights, the English version will likely launch first.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:54 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:

dont be. it will be the exact same thing. a massive bust within the otaku community that not even the 18+ dojin circles would even touch. at least there was some appeal with the other kiddie series like pkmn , YGO , and zoid genesis that got some attention within the otaku community even though their TV series sucks like dead fish.

the other thing that wont be predictable is that the atrocious nelvana ent whose basically canada's 4kids will license the series and just like with beyblade , it will be a massive hack up job where only 7-11 old kids will watch it and like with the other kiddie series, the rest of us that have time to waste will just stick to watching it online via fansub groups.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Morry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:26 am Reply with quote
I remember loving the VA for Spectra so hope this reboot brings him back as a villain.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Never really watched Bakugan. It just wasn't for me. I recall watching an episode from its next season and noticed a character named Mira. She was waifu at first sight. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to get me to watch it. Would be cool if she returns in this new Bakugan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1