• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monkey Punch, Moyoco Anno, Hinako Takanaga Interviewed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Monkey Punch is an artist and storyteller after my own heart - he truly understands what the overall storytelling industry really needs to be around in the future - what a guy!
Nermal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I really liked the Hataraki Man anime, and I just discovered the drama this week. It's nice to see a story about a salary woman for a change.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Ohmigosh! I love Hinako Takanaga's work! Very Happy

edit: grammar

Last edited by CatzCradle on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shougo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quote
hataraki man is actually a seinen comic, it ran in morning i think.
VAVA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Good ol' Monkey Punch. He'd probably be an awesome person to meet in real life. What a creative genius. Lupin III still manages to be one of the only anime that can genuinely entertain me even without having a real storyline.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quote
Apparently Monkey Punch hasn't noticed the declining quality in the Lupin III TV specials over the years. I refuse to believe anyone who saw Angel Tactics can possibly be satisfied. But then, to see your original creation on screen must be pretty cool, so maybe it just excites him to see that. That, and things like, as he added, his home town in the lastest special.

It'd be great to get another Lupin movie directed by him, but I suppose since Monkey Punch is a manga author, and that's his field of expertise. (He didn't even really direct very much the one he was given to.)

The interview was a great read and I always love telling people that the guy who made Lupin has the pen name "Monkey Punch". It's a fun name to say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:14 am Reply with quote
VAVA: I met him, when TP had him visit. He's very attentive and extroverted, but surprisingly not as versed in as much pop culture as I'd been led to believe. Like when I asked him about Bebop, he thought I meant Bebop High School. And I guess he never heard of "The Avengers", either, so I'm assuming it never played in Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1