• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inuyashiki Last Hero (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:53 am Reply with quote
One thing that surprised me is that neither robot seems particularly focused on finding the other after their initial encounter. Both have to realize the threat that they pose to each other and Ichiro in particular must know what a massive threat Hiro poses to innocent people. You'd think they'd be a little more chuffed on finding and neutralizing the other.

Also, I'm sure that Hiro's character name was selected for its ironic connotation since it sounds like the English word hero and, of course, he is very much not.
TymersRealm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Wow...
Never piss Ichiro off...
But what intrigues me the most was how the spoiler[auto-systems didn't just incapacitate all those Yakuzas, but essentially followed Ichiro's desires of paying back all the pain people like that do]. That's just down-right scary.

And yet, Ichiro still has that understated side to him: "spoiler[I'm sorry, I don't have any cab money on me. Mind if I carried you instead?]" Just utterly priceless.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:39 pm Reply with quote
That... was... EPIC!!!

Omg, I am so gay for Ichiro right now. HE IS THE MAN!!! Blind and paralyze those scumbags and leave their cognitive functions unimpaired. Damn, that is ice cold and so fitting. I almost can't believe there was a happy ending. When we were first introduced to this adorable couple, I thought, "sigh, well, they're obviously toast." So glad to have my expectations confounded.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:28 am Reply with quote
I was totally going to be depressed if it had this great pair used as simply a tragedy, like sort of cheap in feeling deep by killing any of them. And so I am really happy with how it went. What Ichiro did was awesome, still not resorting to killing, but leaving all of those pieces of filth to suffer, blind and paralysed.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
On today's episode of "Things we've all wished we could do at some point"...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Indeed. Clearly a bit of wish fulfillment going on here. Certainly more effective than a simple banning or post moderation, that's for sure.

I felt bad for Hiro's mom. I still can't figure out why Hiro and Ichiro can't find each other. You'd think they'd be able to hear when one or the other goes into Rocket Man mode. Speaking of which, why does nobody (with the exception of a space walking astronaut) ever see them when they fly?
TymersRealm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I know I'm gonna have to go back and rewatch ep 5, but how did the police get Hiro on their radar anyways? I seemed to of missed that.

Otherwise...
Wow...
It sure seems like Hiro's gone off the deep end for sure. Not that I can blame him for the retaliation.
The Ichiro/Ando sequences from both eps 5 & 6 help keep the otherwise dark path Hiro is on from weighing everything down. Though I think Ichiro spoiler[being seen by a EVAing astronaut on the ISS] had me loling. Priceless...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:30 pm Reply with quote
@ TymersRealm: I could be wrong, but I think Hiro's ex-friend tipped them off.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:53 pm Reply with quote
They did say on the news a witness did come forward. I don't think it was the friend, though, since he knows what Hiro's capable of and knows Ichiro is the only one who can stop him.

Also I realised I don't think I've ever seen an anime put so much emphasis on cancer before.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:27 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I guess it hasn't been established who exactly the witness is. I still suspect the ex-friend because at least he has Ichiro around to protect him. It could be that once he realized Ichiro wasn't going to be able to find Hiro quickly, that he had to act regardless of the threat to himself. What I'm curious about is, regardless of who the tipster is, why did the police believe him/her/them?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:05 am Reply with quote
Well you think that once a somewhat suspect could be made, there should have been plenty of footage of Hiro strangely near all of the murders. But oddly, I kind of thought they hinted that it was Ichiro, like shortly before the police came they said something about a witnessed found who was an older man, where some teenagers commented that he looked old and or "ugly", which would point to Ichiro. But not much else is showing that he is working with the police.

To be fair about his victims this episode, you had media who can hound people to the point of self harm, but the 2chan members especially as scum. Such internet trolls. But to misunderstood as the same type of sociopath, murder was still wrong, but at least they were not innocent families.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:31 am Reply with quote
Ichiro does make sense, but then why wasn't he listening for the police presence when they went after Hiro? He would know that they'd probably not be able to handle him.
catsspat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I never read the original work. Heck, I don't even know if there is original work.

But I'm going to predict that the final key will be that shibainu/shibaken (Hana).
TymersRealm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Now don't get me wrong, having the last couple of episodes focusing on Hiro wasn't a bad thing. But with how most episode 8 plays out, I think there was a problem in the adaptation somehow...

Ep 8...

Wow...
I mentioned the following in the Series Review thread:
Quote:

Now I have no knowledge of the Manga, but depending on what happens in the opening of ep 8, Hiro can really head into a dark place. And I doubt nothing short of fully destroying him, physically and digitally, is gonna stop him when he gets there.

While it didn't quite get to where I thought it would, it came damn near close. The results were the same though: Hiro has fully and near completely gone off the deep end. It's interesting he does have a shred of humanity left. His rescue/healing and money support of Shion and her Grandmother shows some compassion.

That's all well and good, but we know Hiro's direction now and the back half of the episode shows it. What, I won't quite say, frightens me is when Hiro's auto-system kicks in. With Ichiro, its a cool thing. With Hiro, its terrifying.

But...
The rest of the episode focuses on Ichiro's daughter Mari and is told from her POV. And while it is decent, it also comes off a bit disjointed. Mainly, outside of episode 1, we don't have a lot to go about Ichiro's family. While this does help, it feels tacted on more than anything else. Now add in the spoiler[asteroid mcguffin] and it just seems chunks of the narrative seem have been cut to fit in a single cour. I don't know...

Maybe it's just me...
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:35 am Reply with quote
I am definitely not surprised by Hiro's actions from the latest episode.

He can't achieve redemption (if he was in the first place) anymore after that masscare. Since an entire SWAT force couldn't stop him, the only person that can would be Inuyashiki at this point.

They kept most of the violence and bloodshed in this as it's necessary to get the point across.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3