• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
So, is there a generally preferred store for buying digital manga?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chacranajxy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:19 pm Reply with quote
So, I'm trying to go the digital route for some of the longer-running manga series, and... it's kinda confusing. There's a few obvious choices for buying digital manga across the major publishers, namely Kindle/Comixology and Nook. Is there a preferred choice out there? Any difference in the image quality, or are the underlying files the same across stores? I'm going to break the DRM on whatever I buy, obviously, but do any of the storefronts still use digital watermarking or any of that sort of nonsense?

Wish this stuff was a bit more obvious -- I like the convenience of storing massive amounts of manga on my computer and tablet, but it's oddly difficult to get a sense of how all the finer points work.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I have a problem with Kindle that I used to buy Twin Spica because actually the images were too heavy for my tablet and it was slow and often crashed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I would go the Amazon Kindle route, which is what I did. Amazon is bigger than Barnes & Noble which does the Nook.

There is plenty of manga out there digitally. Seems to be getting better every year.

Amazon does restrict some manga's from digital distribution, even though they will sell the physical copy. While I am not happy about that, there are not that many titles that are affected by Amazon's "book burning, so to say".

You can even put Fakku's books on your Kindle, but they don't show up in your library like normal Amazon books. It's more of a folder and file thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1