• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best Fate Servants to Summon For Winning a Grail War

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:06 pm Reply with quote
A correction: Nikola Tesla was born in the Austrian Empire in what's today Croatia and he died in the US and his nationality has been classified as Serbian-American and not British.

Edit: Oh, just noticed another poster corrected it. But he/she is wrong in saying Tesla was born in the Austria-Hungarian empire since he was born in Austrian empire that was unified a decade later with Hungary.

Last edited by Jose Cruz on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:07 pm Reply with quote
SpartanSlayer64 wrote:
Hey there's a problem with Tesla...

He was born in the Austro-Hungarian Empire (Near what is today Zagreb, Croatia) and moved to the US, not an Englishman. I don't know if it's an article error, but if Type Moon called him English that's a pretty big oversight considering how they like their history.

He's listed as coming from Croatia in the TYPE-Moon Wikia. Probably just a mistake on Gabriella's part. Nothing hard to fix.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:04 am Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:

Assasin I'd b]probably go with Jack the Ripper (female)

Of course, I would expect nothing less of the Nasuverse. Let me guess.. when Nobunagun did the same trick of making Jack the Ripper a famous women, their mistake was they didn't make her look hot in skimpy armor?

So I take it I was the only one getting the amount of sarcasm in this article?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:19 am Reply with quote
I agree that Scáthach was dismissed too quickly. She single-handedly maintains control over what is basically the land of the dead, I believe she has killed gods, or at the very least beings that are near to the power of gods, thanks to knowing primal runes she can be a caster if she wants (like Cu) but can still make use of those runes even as a lancer, she's immortal and uses TWO Gae Bolgs. I think she can make more as well. While I won't say she's absolutely the strongest, she's definitely a top contender.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:31 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Of course, I would expect nothing less of the Nasuverse. Let me guess.. when Nobunagun did the same trick of making Jack the Ripper a famous women, their mistake was they didn't make her look hot in skimpy armor?

Nobu isn't a loli though. I could see why you might think that due to her VA and western military clothes, but there is a berserker swim suit version of her that is clearly not a loli.

T.Silver wrote:
To be fair that Cu Alter was powered up to the grail and was using a NP that he wouldn't be able to use normally and he only made her retreat to the Land Of Shadows. Also lets not forget the same Cu Alter also one shot Karna..

In the back while he was dueling Arjuna... and Karna lived long enough to significantly wound Cu even after that. Scath lost straight up.

To be fair, Cu told Arjuna that he couldn't take Scath, and Arjuna was fairly close to Karna before the duel was cut short. Scath should be close'ish in strength, but Karna is broken op.
LuScr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:47 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I think berserker Herc was over sold a bit. Lets not forget that Rin managed to kill him once. You don't need some full powered Excal shot to kill the guy.

Actually, if anything, he was undersold, because the author left out a very important aspect of the God Hand: once Herc is killed by an attack, he develops an immunity to that attack. Yes, Rin killed him once, by using an obscene number of jewels that she'd spent years charging...but once Berserker revived, she couldn't have used more jewels to kill him again, even if she'd had them.

It's impossible for a single Servant to defeat Herc, unless they have at least a dozen different A-ranked Noble Phantasms (e.g. Gilgamesh, EMIYA) or they have a Noble Phantasm capable of taking all twelve of his lives in a single attack (Altria, maybe--in Fate, Caliburn could only take 7 lives; it's questionable whether Excalibur would be powerful enough to take all 12).

If a Servant doesn't fall into either of those categories, they're screwed. They might be able to kill him once, but after that, it's literally impossible for them to hurt him, at all. In any normal Grail War, where the other six Servants each have a single "normal" Noble Phantasm, Herczerker is all but invincible.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:40 pm Reply with quote
ok, now for my picks:

saber: artoria (galactica saber version)
archer: artoria (on the beach)
lancer: artoria (lion king)
rider: artoria (santa alter)
assassin: artoria (MHX)
berserker: artoria (MHX alter)
caster: morgan le fay (guess why)

of course the master would be Masutā Arutoria
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3