• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2017 Manga Guide

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BluePikmin11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Just wait till the later volumes come out for Astra. I think they will be surprised.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:57 am Reply with quote
I haven't read the reviews yet but I just wanted to say this is a neat idea and I'm glad you're doing it, obviously it's scope is going to be a bit limited in some respects compared to the anime one as there are so many manga that don't have an official translated release yet even among new titles compared to the anime season preview guide where virtually everything has a simulcast official stream and those titles that don't it's probably because they'll be on Netflix all at once a season or two later, but on the other hand there will be reviews for older titles that have just received a new English edition or their first English edition so that gives it something that the anime season preview guide doesn't have. I don't really have any money to spend on manga right now but this will still be interesting to read, I haven't really read any manga in a while either so hopefully this will inspire me to get back into it (I have a complete set of older editions of the Akira manga sitting on my bookshelf unread, AND Nausicaa too!)
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Just read the spider manga and damn that was really good! Thanks for introducing me to it. Would make a cool anime (or even better a video game).

Of course now I need to slowly wait for the rest of it. I think that's why I like anime more than manga, you have to wait months with manga for the next hit while anime are weekly and generally conclude in a few months. Plus there's tons of manga that I never get to finish, either cause they get canceled before they end or because I just forget about them partway trough.
idioteva

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:14 am Reply with quote
Thank you so much for covering this as I never knew it was coming. Defiantly a first day buy for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4