• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Studio Bones Updates on Current Projects, Teases More News For Mob Psycho 100 on October

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
Still wondering about Darker Than Black updates lol
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
Still wondering about Darker Than Black updates lol

I also want more DTB, but I am afraid at this point that ship has sailed.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I hope if they have another season of Mob Psycho 100, they bring back the same artists. The visual design and mixed media of the show were extremely important.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:17 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I hope if they have another season of Mob Psycho 100, they bring back the same artists. The visual design and mixed media of the show were extremely important.

Some of the key staff who worked on the first season pretty much disappeared a few months ago, and some of the sakuga guys were hinting it might be more Mob they are working on. I'm anticipating that. Or rather, I'm praying and hoping with every fiber of my being that that's what it is. Laughing
Starbuckets

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna lie, I am beyond excited about these upcoming news for Mob Psycho 100, since it was by far and large my personal AOTY of 2016 and also happens to be one my favorite manga of all time. Just hoping the same staff will come back if a season 2 is indeed made.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:47 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
As much as I would like to see a third season of Noragami, I am happy to hear that Bones, my favorite studio, is busy working in various projects.

I think Noragami 3 will happen, eventually. Confused
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Man, I'm excited to see all of these, that's a fantastic lineup they are working on, four favs and a very interesting looking new original.

Really impressed they are able to be diving right into MHA S3 given the great level of production they are giving it, you can feel their passion for the show in the episodes and in getting in a lot of talented animators to work on it.

AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I would love to see a second season of Mob Psycho 100 my favorite Anime series of 2016 so please make it happen. Very Happy

Yes please.
Wonder if they'll switch off between that an BBB since I don't want to lose BBB either lol, as long as there is more to do.

Since it perhaps (?) gets a little less mentioned than the other "big big" titles, gotta say I'm so hyped for the Bungo Stray Dogs movie, loved series so far. Pleased to see the show and that staff got some good recognition from the New Type readers.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:36 pm Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:

Really impressed they are able to be diving right into MHA S3 given the great level of production they are giving it, you can feel their passion for the show in the episodes and in getting in a lot of talented animators to work on it.

That is exactly WHY they are able to give it such an impressive production. From the get-go, this has been a consistent, full-time project for the team(excluding some of the animators, of course). They haven't taken any breaks since the first season's production was greenlit. This all allows them to catch up between seasons and spend more time on each episode in general(Imagine a long-running shonen series, but with an extra few weeks or more for the production of each episode. That's what's happening here, essentially). According to Yoshihiko Umikoshi, and others, this is exactly how they like it, and I imagine that should be the case for the audience too.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:47 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
That is exactly WHY they are able to give it such an impressive production. From the get-go, this has been a consistent, full-time project for the team(excluding some of the animators, of course). They haven't taken any breaks since the first season's production was greenlit. This all allows them to catch up between seasons and spend more time on each episode in general(Imagine a long-running shonen series, but with an extra few weeks or more for the production of each episode. That's what's happening here, essentially). According to Yoshihiko Umikoshi, and others, this is exactly how they like it, and I imagine that should be the case for the audience too.

And that's what I found especially impressive. Plus wanting to compliment them on their work, not that they read this.
And like you point out with other long-running shonen production.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Amazing at how much Bones are doing. So happy for them. Keep up the great work.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:11 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Amazing at how much Bones are doing. So happy for them. Keep up the great work.

Agreed, one of my favorite studios. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2