• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Steins;Gate 0 TV Anime's Promo Video Reveals April Premiere Date

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Finally, a release date. The PV looks pretty good and I hope that Crunchyroll will simulcast this.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:32 am Reply with quote
DeTroyes wrote:

BTW, on the extremely off chance someone with the appropriate influence is reading this, this and the original Steins;Gate would be very good fits on SyFy.

......Do they even still show anime?
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:47 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
.....Do they even still show anime?

I don't think they've had any for years, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't consider it if the right property came along. And somehow, I think Steins;Gate may be a little too cerebral for the likes of Toonami or Toku.

Steins;Gate is one of the few anime titles I know of which has impressed even non-anime viewers. I've heard it praised by some pretty well known SF/F writers at convention panels, and it has a pretty decent reputation outside of anime circles. Which is why I think it might fit very well on a non-anime venue like SyFy. I know its a pipe dream, but still.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:31 pm Reply with quote
StarchildStorm wrote:
I'm very eager but I'm not really sure how they're going to do it. Compared to the more straightforward nature of the original I can see 0's plot being very hard to adapt. In particular two problematic parts are (big spoilers but trying to keep it vague)...

spoiler[The big thing is that to do it without heavy revisions would require halfway through aborting all the story progress to that point and going in a completely different direction. I have no idea how they're going to address that without completely killing the show's momentum halfway through.

The other main issue is Kagari. She's very underbaked as a character compared to the rest of the cast anyway, but then you've got the bizarre twist for the sake of it with her and Yuki.
Still have no idea what the point of that was narratively.]

I through about that as both path lead to two completely different conclusion with different main villain to boot. How about they do it Danganroinpa 3 style?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:13 pm Reply with quote
DeTroyes wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
.....Do they even still show anime?

I don't think they've had any for years, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't consider it if the right property came along. And somehow, I think Steins;Gate may be a little too cerebral for the likes of Toonami or Toku.

More cerebral than Ghost In The Shell well shit?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2