• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fist of the Blue Sky Regenesis TV Anime Reveals Voice Lead, Staff, April Debut on Amazon

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
younesase

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:47 am Reply with quote
Adrian Robotnik wrote:
The best in the business? Not for me! There are some relatively unknown studios that could do a better job.
And this may not be worse than Berserk, but it's still disappointing.

Nope you're wrong, Polygone Pictures is the best 3DCGI studio in the world that can do very good CGI in a anime tv series right know, they have very good background arts, very good character designs and very good working conditions. People who want the same quality as a game are just either dumb, ignorant or uneducated on how things work and how things are made, because wanting the same quality in the games in an (relatively low budget) anime series with 12 or 24 episodes is impossible, it's like wanting the same quality and production value in (for example) The Avengers movies in a TV series, you will never see that. it's exactly the same thing here, games or anime movies gets a lot of budget because they make a lot of money, so they can raise their quality as much as they want, but TV animes series don't get that much budget (and even if they do, they would have to split all that money into 24 episode with 20 minutes each, so it'll still be low budget compared to them) and on top of that they don't make much money, so you can't be complaining at this level of CGI in this anime.
The CGI in this actually looks good, I really don't understand what do people want, the character look the way they should, they feel alive, there is some good character animation and some good facial expressions (unlike most bad CGI animes) and the action looks faithful to the manga. so WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ?
Whenever I see people complaining about CGI, they usually don't make any sense, no real critizism, they just hate not even understanding what is good or bad CGI.
2D animes is not dying though, we get like 50 hand drawn 2D animes each season,but a lot of studios are busy with never ending work.
3D studios like Polygon Pictures are more organized and have better working conditions and work efficiently, while still delivering good quality, I personally like them.
Sergorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:13 pm Reply with quote
younesase wrote:

The CGI in this actually looks good, I really don't understand what do people want, the character look the way they should, they feel alive, there is some good character animation and some good facial expressions (unlike most bad CGI animes) and the action looks faithful to the manga. so WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ?

Honestly ? I'm complaining about the awful low-FPS rendering that is so common in such anime because it's a cheap way to cut on cost on rendering time.

And this is a shame because it ruins everything : yeah the CGI LOOKs good (it's no Berserk thankfully) in that trailer actually, but the animation ruins it all Sad

-Sergorn
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2