• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Streams 4 Former Anime Strike-Exclusive Titles

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping Grimoire of Zero gets a home release with an English dub.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I sincerely hope that this is a sign that shows like Made in Abyss, Princess Principal, Girls’ Last Tour, Land of the Lustrous, etc., would eventually be added to HiDive so that people in the future should not have to give a cent to Amazon to watch it (Legally, anyway.) HiDive is a so much less bad service (Its cheaper as well) to view all those wonderful shows on than Strike. Hopefully, apps for like the PS4 can be made soon and would be nice to have.

Last edited by Joshua Zarate on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Somethings going on here and i think its still too early to say for sure what exactly. But at the very least its looking like the business model for amazon and sentai is changing.the fact that hakumei and mikochi will stream on HIDIVE exclusively is very suspicious since its streaming in japan only off of amazon.
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:31 pm Reply with quote
So why the heck did they not make these apps earlier? Now the service seems like a power player when it comes to simulcasting.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:36 pm Reply with quote
This is kind of exciting news. I think Kabukibu is still missing its 9th episode on Prime video Canada lol. I gave up checking on it after half a year. Amazon is just ridiculously bad.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
So why the heck did they not make these apps earlier? Now the service seems like a power player when it comes to simulcasting.

I really want a PS4 App, then I would watch them more often.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Good on ya Sentai!
If Land of the Lustrous & Made in Abyss get moved over to HiDive, I'm definitely subscribing. Those two anime series are pretty much the only series I'm interested in that are exclusively on Anime Strike (I heard most of the more hyped shows like Bahamut, Inuyashiki, Welcome to the Ballroom, and Re:Creators all faltered in their second halves).
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Sentai. Maybe this means “Anime Strike exclusive” now only means exclusive for about 3 seasons/9 months. I’m glad Sentai is finally giving up on Amazon’s terrible platform that has been the death of anything that aired there.

Edit: Interestingly, my HiDive phone app gives no mention of these titles in the “Recently Added” tab, but if I search for them individually, they come right up. Not the best advertisement in my opinion.

Last edited by LegitPancake on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
gabuhaha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news. I hope they all come over eventually but this is a good start.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:30 pm Reply with quote
This is quite interesting. I'm surprised that Amazon's side of the deal didn't come with completely exclusive streaming rights. Sure, newer stuff gets more attention at the time, but shared streaming is just one more reason not to buy into Amazon's system.
Toonces

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Wow, so I guess the Strike/Sentai deal is only timed exclusivity for streaming. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before some of Sentai's best stuff from this year (Princess Principal, Made in Abyss, etc.) ends up on HiDive.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Toonces wrote:
Wow, so I guess the Strike/Sentai deal is only timed exclusivity for streaming. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before some of Sentai's best stuff from this year (Princess Principal, Made in Abyss, etc.) ends up on HiDive.

If it does and they get a PS4 app, I will gladly give HiDive my money.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:39 pm Reply with quote
This is great! HiDive is an amazing service its only con is that they are not working on a PS4 app at the present time.

lol X Box I doubt many anime fans have one of those since all JRPGs/anime related games are on PS4. xD
Araragifeels

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Good on ya Sentai!
If Land of the Lustrous & Made in Abyss get moved over to HiDive, I'm definitely subscribing. Those two anime series are pretty much the only series I'm interested in that are exclusively on Anime Strike (I heard most of the more hyped shows like Bahamut, Inuyashiki, Welcome to the Ballroom, and Re:Creators all faltered in their second halves).

Aniplex will get Re: Creator and Funimation will finally be able to get Bahamut since both was never license by Sentai unless the anime committee have different plans.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
This further suggests that the Amazon-Sentai deal could indeed be over. If that is the case, I hope the move to HIDIVE is profitable enough for Sentai, and that they will be able to compete with Funi-CR for top quality shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2