• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic! Anime's 2nd Director's Cut Film Previewed in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote
I almost did not notice the CG [I even doubt if I had]. It's good for XEBEC to get some money from these productions, otherwise I.G Port will either close the studio or tether it to another to become an assistant.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
I'm sure most of that was footage from the 2002 show, at least it looked no different.If we do get 3D Mechs, I would assume it would only be in the new footage. However they may not do that to keep a consistency(hopefully).
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Ronie Peter wrote:
I almost did not notice the CG [I even doubt if I had]. It's good for XEBEC to get some money from these productions, otherwise I.G Port will either close the studio or tether it to another to become an assistant.

Why do you keep posting this stuff? Serious question. Xebec's fine.
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:20 pm Reply with quote
CGI has aged well with some touch ups, the picture quality of the traditional animation hasn't aged so well unfortunately, very blurry blown up for the movie.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
WatcherZer wrote:
CGI has aged well with some touch ups, the picture quality of the traditional animation hasn't aged so well unfortunately, very blurry blown up for the movie.
I bet they converted it to wide-screen, I've got it on Blu-Ray, and they give the original 4;3 ratio, and that looks fine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1